Formal Nights

Bases5

My wife received a mink stole this year for our Alaskan cruise. She was wondering if it would be to much on a Hal Caribbean cruise for formal nights. We live in Fl and there is never any where to really wear it here.

My wife received a mink stole this year for our Alaskan cruise. She was wondering if it would be to much on a Hal Caribbean cruise for formal nights. We live in Fl and there is never any where to really wear it here.

In my very humble, inexpert, and inexperienced opinion, I would say "yes", it would be a little "too much" to wear a mink stole on a Caribbean cruise. Please feel free to disregard my opinion, however. If your wife likes the stole that you gave her, and it gives her pleasure to wear it, then go for it.

May I also humbly suggest that after your Caribbean cruise, you take her on another cruise to colder climes, where she can wear her mink stole with aplomb. :)

Karin

I see that you will probably be driving to the port since you are from Florida so packing space is not an issue. We have been on 5 HAL Caribbean cruises and IMO a fur stole would be a bit much. Sometimes it is a bit chilly in the show lounge and I have found the dining room either boiling hot or chilly you can never tell, but just as you wouldn't need a fur in FL for 99 percent of the year you would even need it less in the Caribbean. (I personally feel your wife would feel out of place in one) Just MHO.

What does selling it on e-bay have to do with this thread ? The OP asked about wearing it on a Caribbean cruise, not where to sell it.

Given the OP lives in a climate not conducive to fur and cruising in the Caribbean with a fur might be a little over the top, selling it might be a viable alternative, especially considering it does not sound as if it has sentimental value. Perhaps the OP will consider making lemonaid out of a lemon.

Sorry, you were offended.

Thanks for all the reply's. We have not seen them on our 15 + Caribbean cruises but wasn't sure since we haven't cruised such a high class line such as HAL.

Thanks for the E-bay thread, but it does have sentimental value. It was given to my dw by her mom before our Alaskan cruise, Very thoughtful.

We both are from Florida and would have never thought of buying or killing a mink our self. As for a alligator skin purse that another story. lol

Thanks again for the reply's.

Archived