Summer weather in Southern Caribbean?

steff613

We would like to try a southern route, but work might make it impossible to do in colder months. Is it uncomfortably hot in June? Is the humidity really high? Are there still a ton of kids since it is the start of summer vacation? Thanks in advance.

Sailed on AOS (Aruba route) in June 2005. Yep, it's very hot, but not unbearable. Aruba and Curacao were quite comfortable; the humidity was high in San Juan, St Thomas, and St Maarten. Remember, a lot of the port activities involve water/swimming/diving, which makes things more comfortable. If you want to do anything strenuous on land (we did a hike on St Maarten that was VERY hot) be sure to take plenty of water with you. Of course, on board ship there's usually a nice breeze.

We sailed the middle of June and there were a lot of kids, but not overwhelming. And they were mostly well behaved.

Have a great time!

Chris

In June, expect high 80s with high humidity (usualy around 60-65%) Also, expect lots of kids. If you're not into screaming kids splashing everyone in the pools, take the January option. The weather stays in the high 70s - low 80's in the winter with lower humidity.

So if it's very hot in June (just how hot is hot?) What is the weather like in January?

We lived in the Southern Caribbean many years (coastal Venezuela.) If I had my choice of cruising in the region in June or January, I would not hesitate to take January or February. That is definitely one of the most comfortable months of the year. Also there is less likelihood of rain, although there can be an occasional light and short shower.

Summer, on the other hand, can be oppressively hot and humid with more severe showers and a few are longer lasting, though a entire day of rain is rare. Not every summer is equally rainy. Not every month of the summer is equally rainy, so you do take your chances. I think August is the WORST month to travel in this region.

Archived