Turn up the music.....

vpoopsy

DANCE AWAY!!!!! and i am dancing with you too because this just means i will get my Z docs sometime next week, since we are on her a week after you!

I can feel your excitement through my screen! have a great time. :)

Question: Should my luggage tags have my room number on them? Also, I was told when I booked that I'd get some "freebies" like dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle, free 8 x 10 and bottle of champagne. They weren't in my docs.

Congratulations to all of you 'Dancing the Doc Dance' :)

You should enter the proper information onto each luggage tag including your cabin number. That number goes on the very bottom of the tag in the big white space. Right the number clearly and LARGE. The easier it is to read; the less chance of your luggage going to the wrong cabin.

Don't wear the print off those docs reading and re-reading and re-reading. :D

Enjoy.

Sorry.......forgot to add that either there should be a coupon in your document folder for the 'added amenities' that you are expecting OR you will find confirmation of those items on the bureau when you arrive at your cabin. Bring all of your confirmations that you received from your TA with you to the ship and if you do not find coupons or such for those items, bring the 'proof' you are to receive them to the office in order to arrange to receive them.

Thanks sails..I've emailed my TA about the extras. I've never seen anything in writing officially, so I guess I'll see what she has to say about it.

I'm hoping the "uprgrade fairy" will bless us, but I guess we can change the tags before embarkation if we find out at the dock we've gotten lucky.

When you get to the dock and are ready to hand your luggage over to the stevedores to load aboard, have them check the manifest. They have a complete list of every passenger and their cabin number.

IF you should find a need to change your tags :) , the stevedores have extras or you can simply cross out one cabin number and enter a different number. Not a problem.

Also.........As a handy rule of thumb: Anything that is not in writing 'does not exist'. Though the TA may have promised something; though Seattle headquarters may have agreed, if the message did not get to the ship, they do not know about it and unless you have proof, it can be difficult to receive those extras. Your TA should provide you with written (HAL) confirmations about added extras. A TA writing does not matter; what matters is what is written by HAL.

No one is intentionally trying to deny anyone something they have been promised. It is sometimes a matter of poor communication or simple error.

Hey Vicki, You lucky dog!!! Since my travel agent works for a company that is based in Florida, that's where my docs went. Even though both fo us, and HAL, are in the state of washington. Oh well, at least I know they are on thier way.

By the way, when we got our "freebies" on our last cruise, there were cards in our room to take to redeem. I would suggest you book your time in the pinnacle as soon as possible, especially since you want to go there for your anniversary dinner.

Have a great day, Kalena

Archived