Viewing of Regular Dining Room Menus Before Making Upscale Reservations.

SNJCruzer

Is it possible to view the dinner menus for an entire weeks cruise so that reservations could be made for the upscale restaurant (Scarlett's on the Valor) on our least favorite offering of the week. I would hate to make a reservation the night of filet mignon or the Grand Marnier Souffle!:rolleyes: Thanks.

Carnival's 7-day menu rotation is posted here, but the trick is to find out which day of the menu rotation will correspond with which night of your particular cruise (for example, I've heard that for eight day cruises, they start with the Day 7 menu on the first night, but I'm not really sure -- we hardly ate in the dining room ourselves). Someone who has recently sailed your specific itinerary will probably remember which meals were which nights.

Is it too late to book this when getting on the ship? What we have done before is find out the menu rotation in advance and when getting on the ship, go directly to the for fee restaurant and ask them "which day are you serving X" (in our case, the jerk chicken night on RCCL). It was for THAT day we booked the restaurant.

You can only book once you get on the ship. I've read that you can go to the purser's desk and ask to look at the menus for the dining room for the week to help you make your decision.

Excellent! I just took a look at the menus and Day 3 seems the weakest to me. Sounds like dinner at Scarletts that night!

Can you help me find the menus for the 7 day cruise- I would just like to have an idea, since this is my first cruise and don't have a clue what to expect except what I have read on these boards.

scroll back up to a post by LeoJay- click on the red letters that say here. that is where the menu is posted.

Carnival menu are fleetwide but the day may vary from ship to ship.

The hostess that takes your reservation at the supper club will have menus for the week also.

Been there, done it (wanted to avoid beef wellington night!). Purser won't have it. In fact, supper club won't!

You need to go to the dining room.Two options-

Go the first day to the room, but be prepared to wait in a long line of people who are complaining about their dining times. You'll ask for the menus for the whole week,

Or, at dinner time, ask your waiter- he/she will be able to help you (as will the maitre'd).

Last summer, I thought I picked the dreaded beef wellington night, but my waiter said "No, you picked the night with filet mignon, you don't want to miss that! I suggest you eat there on this night- it has beef wellington and I ahve found that people like that night the least!"

Another nice thing about the supper club is that you can plan around port days. for example, if you ahve early dining, rather than cutting your port day short to make it for dinner, you can eat later at the SC!

scroll back up to a post by LeoJay- click on the red letters that say here. that is where the menu is posted.

Just for reference - yours is "red" because it is a link you have previously followed. At this point, since I have not clicked on that link, it appears to be like any other word in the post except it is underlined.

details... details...:D

--------------------

My experience has been the same as MrPete's - Just when we thought we had it all figured out - POOF, they change the rotation or switch a couple of days...

Tom

I can click on the red word--- hmmm odd

anyways--the whole link instead of the word--

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340472

dclark-- two times I made reservations at the supper club and had a copy of the menu I wanted to avoid in the dining room. THe girls always had the menu under the podium where we made the reservation. This is by going directly to the supper club-- the hostess in the atrium didnt have them either.

Starters

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, Wrapped in Rice Paper and Classic Bourguignonne

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese Marinated Mache Lettuce

SUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tuna, Shrimp and Unagi with Pickled Ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1 oz. of Sevruga Caviar with Traditional Condiments and Buckwheat Blinis An Extra $29.00 Charge will Apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal Black Tiger Prawns with American Cocktail Sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC Fleuron and Fresh Cream

BAKED ONION SOUP “LES HALLES”

A Parisian Classic

Salads

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

With blue cheese, warm bacon dressing.

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, Radicchio, Tomato Wedges, Purple Onion Rings and Watercress Choice of House, Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing

Side Dishes

BAKED POTATO WITH TRIMMINGS

SAUTEED MEDLEY OF FRESH MUSHROOMS

YUKON GOLD MASH WITH WASABI HORSERADISH

SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE

GRILLED FRESH VEGETABLES IN SEASON

CREAMED SPINACH WITH GARLIC

Entrees

Our Steaks Are Hand Selected and Aged for 30 Days to Our Specifications. Carefully Handled and Perfectly Cooked.

BROILED NEW YORK STRIPLOIN STEAK

14 0Z. Of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTERHOUSE STEAK

Combines the Full Flavor of the Strip Loin with the Tenderness of the

'Tenderloin

24 0Z. of the Best from Both Worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9 OZ. for Ihe True gourmet

SURF & TURF

Seared Lobster Tail over Tomato Confit

Grilled Filet: Mignon over Cardamom Braised Carrots, Pumpkin Ravioli

ALASKAN KING CRAB CLAWS

Served Cold, with Drawn Butter and Roasted Pepper Remoulade

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage Braised Sea Bass over Young Spinach and Mango Salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

Served With Drawn Butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

With Blackberry- Port Wine Reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

Double-Cut Lamb Chops

Served on Five Bean Cassoulet and Rosemary Jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

Center- Cut from the Highest Grade Milk-Fed Veal

Sauces Available

THREE PEPPERCORN SAUCE

WILD MUSHROOM SAUCE

SAUCE BEARNAISE

Desserts

WARM FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Served with Homemade Ice Cream

SYMPHONY OF MOUSSES

Dark and White Chocolate, Orange and Mocha

TRIO OF CREME BRULLEE

Served with Sugar Tuiles and phyllo cigar

FRESH FRUITS

Assembly of Tropical Fruits and berries in Season, Served with Homemade Sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Beverages

FRESHLY BREWED COFFEE

Regular or Decaffeinated

TEA AND HERBAL TEAS

Dessert Wines

QUADY ELECTRA, CALIFORNIA $ 3. 75 WEISSER RIESLING, SOUTH AFRICA $5.75

After Dinner Drinks

GRAHAM'S SIX GRAPE 5.25 Dow's 20 YEAR TAWNY $9.95

Dow' S VINTAGE PORT, '85 $12.95

DE MONTAL ARMAGNAC SPECIAL RESERVE $8.75

HARDY, V. S . a. P . $5.75

HARDY, X. a . $9.50

CLES DES Ducs ARMAGNAC, V. S . a . P. 6.00

PINAR DEL RIO, GAUTIER x.a. 9.95

HENNESSY, X. a . 11.00

MARTELL CORDON BLEU 10.00

HENNESSY PARADIS 35. 00

COURVOISIER X. a. 11.00

REMY MARTIN LOUIS XI I I 95.00

Is the supper club menu available online? Is the food in the sc worth is? I've never been before, but I'm sailing on the Legend in December and thinking of trying it.

for 30 bucks per person- i know we could never go to a place and eat like that for the price.

Sure the food is good in the dining room- and its already paid for but the ambiance in the supper club is so worth it.

They have music and dancing--and not done by waiters either.

In the SUpper club you cant have multiple entrees like the dining room but the portions are huge in the supper club when comparing. You wont leave hungry. Allow at least 2 hours for dining here so make your reservations accordingly

But as Tom was saying, it's only RED because you've already clicked on that link. Before you click on it the first time, the word "here" is actually blue like the rest of the words in the post. :)

I never noticed that before-- Now how do people know to click HERE when it looks like the rest of thepost.?

I never noticed that before-- Now how do people know to click HERE when it looks like the rest of thepost.?

Because it is underlined, which usually indicates it's a link.

And thank you so much for posting the menus!

I'm going on my first cruise in less than a month! We'll be sailing on Celebration for a 5-night cruise. Can we expect five of the seven daily menus that are posted on this thread? Or would they serve something entirely different because it's a shorter cruise? Perhaps we should just wait and find out. :rolleyes:

The waiting is hard but exciting! :D

I'm going on my first cruise in less than a month! We'll be sailing on Celebration for a 5-night cruise. Can we expect five of the seven daily menus that are posted on this thread? Or would they serve something entirely different because it's a shorter cruise? Perhaps we should just wait and find out. :rolleyes:

The waiting is hard but exciting! :D

youwill have 5 of those menus posted. THe formal menu will be your menu. ALL ships have at least one formal night so you can expect to have at least that menu.

• 7 months later...
Because it says something is "here". :rolleyes:

Hi Suzy, dh and I (along with 10 members of our family and friends) will be going on the Conquest to W. Carribbean in February 2008 and I love your photos. Thanks so much for sharing. roudy1

I know you can't order multiple entrees; however, what about appetizers? Can you order multiples of those, for instance, shrimp cocktail, soup, salad? How about deserts?

You can order as many as you THINK you can eat... 2-3 no problem. I have never heard of someone trying to order several of something - though I suppose if you wanted to make an entire meal of an appetizer (or salad, dessert, etc...), it would be possible!

Tom

Archived