What's next for the credit card bill

Shogun

Hi Folks,

Was wondering what will the next thing that Princess will charge for,

I thought of tendering but they charge you when in Venice

Water if its in a bottle they do.

Coffee aleardy charged.

Come on folks lets give Princess some ideas they must of missed something.

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

I thought of tendering but they charge you when in Venice

yours Shogun

Venice Italy is not a tendering port....how can they charge for tendering.

If you are thinking of shuttles......it is not unusual to charge for shuttles to town..:)

They even charge for coffee?? :rolleyes: Can you drink anything free besides their tap water? Do these same charges apply in the dining room? :confused:
There is a coffee card for the exotic coffees.....cappicino, espresso etc.

Hi there,

OK Venice is not a tendering port, but you are billed for a shuttle, so why does Princess not shuttle you for free, even if they use contractors why should you have to pay,

you could take a water taxi or the bus, walking is not an option.

OK some coffee is free and you can buy a coffee card that lets you get more coffee for your money.

Its just that I would prefer to pay a little extra for my holiday and have everything like ice cream soda etc free.

Some odd things are free like the bus to take me between my hotel and the airport or the bus between terminals.

yours Shogun

Hi there,Its just that I would prefer to pay a little extra for my holiday and have everything like ice cream soda etc free.

yours Shogun

You can do this.....how much extra......$500......deposit 500 in your shipboard account when you make the final payment and have all thesode, ice cream etc with concern of cost.

Unfortunately....adding on the extra costs is the industry trend......but the cost of cruising is still cheaper than it was when I started cruising in the 80s....:)

Hi There,

Would agree that cruising today is better value than it was when we did our first cruise, still think we pay to much to cruise the med compared to the rest of the world.

But back in my Cunard days the price paid was it, no extras apart fromland based tours.

Still no one has come up with anything that the cruise company could charge extra for that the do not all ready charge for.

What about the mini golf are they missing out on a few cents here.

Hi There,

But back in my Cunard days the price paid was it, no extras apart fromland based tours.

Okay, just being picky. Shuttles = Land Based = Pay For.

Princess' shuttles do come with a charge which can be cancelled if you wish to provide your own transportation to and from the piers.

I do second JLC's idea of just prepaying and consider that a part of your cruise. You can then pretend you're on Cunard.

OK some coffee is free and you can buy a coffee card that lets you get more coffee for your money.

Its just that I would prefer to pay a little extra for my holiday and have everything like ice cream soda etc free.

Actually... it's not just "some" coffee that's free. All of the non-specialty coffee is free. Most people don't opt for specialty coffee (just like most people don't opt for the specialty restaurants) so you could say flatly that coffee is free. As for ice cream, delicious free ice cream is available for approximately 7 - 8 hours a day. The only ice cream that has a charge is the specialty ice cream near the pool. Otherwise, you can pig out on free ice cream to your hearts content most of the day and evening.

The items you're mentioning are specialty items that most people don't use and have no interest in having added to their cruise fare. You do... which is your right.

perfect timing for this topic. Just got off the Dawn and we were all talking about this at dinner on the last night.

We all agreed that cruising is very affordable, in fact we are paying less now than we did 10 years ago.

But we are paying for everything extra and items I don't mind paying for like pictures, drinks, etc seemed to have gotten very high.

So my question is, and was to them, would you rather pay more for your cruise and have everything included or would you rather pay less and pay extra for everything else?

So my question is, and was to them, would you rather pay more for your cruise and have everything included or would you rather pay less and pay extra for everything else?

Pay less and pay extra for everything else - because then we have a choice - only pay those we need and want, and not things we dont care, such as soda.

In 1990 we paid over $1000 a person for a 7-day South Caribbean ocean view cabin on the Old Star (it was like 3 years old then). That price was already an unheard of bargain due to the first Gulf War.

Enough said.

I would rather pay less for the cruise and choose my add ons ;-)) We like the specialty coffees and occasional specialty dining. We don't buy pictures...well maybe one or two, couldn't care less about ice cream or way too expensive spa treatments along with the hard sell.

What I really do miss is being able to order anything from room service which we could do on our first 2 cruises. I realize that cuts into the Utimate Balcony dinners and breakfast but it would be nice to have this cruise.

We have an aft balcony and my husband has complications from surgery so getting dressed in anything but sweats is an effort. We don't do the buffet, so he will be dressed for dinner even though it will be difficult for him. It would have been fabulous to be able to eat on our balcony ;-))

There will always be something we wish was different !! Whatever way you look at it, cruising is still a great buy!! And makes for a most relaxing vacation.

Cheers, Denise

you will like this one.......extra charges for a non-smoking ship

Same here, would GLADLY pay extra for an all smoking ship... :D

As Denise said cruising is a great buy! I much prefer being able to take a couple of cruises with a private balcony for the same price as one similar land-based vacation. The "hard sell" is part of the new cruise experience but it's not a major detriment as far as we are concerned. :cool:

Actually... it's not just "some" coffee that's free. All of the non-specialty coffee is free. Most people don't opt for specialty coffee (just like most people don't opt for the specialty restaurants) so you could say flatly that coffee is free. As for ice cream, delicious free ice cream is available for approximately 7 - 8 hours a day. The only ice cream that has a charge is the specialty ice cream near the pool. Otherwise, you can pig out on free ice cream to your hearts content most of the day and evening.

The items you're mentioning are specialty items that most people don't use and have no interest in having added to their cruise fare. You do... which is your right.

Pam,

Can you tell me where to get the free ice cream at please? I thought it was only available in the horizon court for 60- 90 minutes per day. My wife would love this info for future cruises as she would would rather eat ice cream than steak!:D

Bill

Pam,

Can you tell me where to get the free ice cream at please? I thought it was only available in the horizon court for 60- 90 minutes per day. My wife would love this info for future cruises as she would would rather eat ice cream than steak!:D

Bill

Yup, on the Crown free ice cream is only available from 3:30 - 4:30 in the Horizon Court. Not sure about the other ships.

As for new charge ideas... how about $10 per day for a personalized "reserved" sign that you can put on any lounge chair on the ship. :D

Hi There,

I like it $10 a day charge to reserve a deck chair, what about a $20 a day charge so that captain only sails where the sun is, if it rains or is cloudly you get a refund.

I think the move to charge for everything extra is bad, as in time these prices will go up and up.

One cruise I have been looking at is the Red Sea cost for two is $350 but its the extra's every stop requires a trip most people I understand go by ships tours so the cruise might as well be free as they are going to get there money back on the trips.

yours Shogun

Hi There,

I like it $10 a day charge to reserve a deck chair, what about a $20 a day charge so that captain only sails where the sun is, if it rains or is cloudly you get a refund.

I think the move to charge for everything extra is bad, as in time these prices will go up and up.

One cruise I have been looking at is the Red Sea cost for two is $350 but its the extra's every stop requires a trip most people I understand go by ships tours so the cruise might as well be free as they are going to get there money back on the trips.

yours Shogun

The charges are better than having the price of the cruise more. Why subsidize things I have no interest in? I'll pick and choose what I want to pay extra for. The prices will only go up to the point people are willing to pay. When they get out of hand people let them know by not spending on that particular thing.

NCL tried to charge for entertainment a few years back. The entertainers didn't like playing to an empty audiences and the charge plan went by the wayside.

Bill

Well it's like the host Caroline said and at the time I was so mad about all the charges, but came to realize she's right.

If you don't want to pay for the extra stuff, just DON'T PAY. That's the way I'm going on this next cruise thinking too.

I don't drink coffee, and the tap water is fine, ice cream, I can get free from 3:30 to....4:30 or something like that. I don't need a massage, hell I'm on a cruise, how much more relaxed can I get????

I will do the excursions that I like on Princess and do the ones on my own that Princess doesn't offer. I will bring my own beer and still drink plenty to run my bar bill up quite a bit, but that's OK.

If I don't want to spend extra, I won't. We do have a choice, so buy/spend if you want it, and if you don't.........DON'T!

Just enjoy your cruise......

Archived