Help! My DH is changing his mind!

Dawniepoo

We have the Mariner booked in May 2007 with our fave room 1388. My DH wants to try the Enchantment 5 day in a junior suite instead. Granted, it would be around $300 cheaper, but it has less days:eek: .

I need opinions. What would you do? As far as ports go it makes no difference to us where we go, so that is not a factor.:cool:

IMO, I would not go on a cruise for less than 7 days and even 7 days is too short. Is it the cost, the cabin, the ship, that is making your DH want the other cruise? For $300.00 , if the cruise is an extra 2 days, it will be well worth the extra money. You have 2 more days of room and board along with entertainment, swimmining and RELAXATION! A cruise to me , the longer the better and if the ports arent a factor, I would spend the extra money for the extra days to enjoy yourselves!

We just went on a 5 day to hold us over until March, it was WAYYYYYYY! too short. We were just getting into the swing of things and relaxation mode and it was time to get off. I would choose the 7 day in a heartbeat. If the cost is a deciding factor can you change to a cheaper room on the longer cruise?

Sue

I see you live in florida, that means getting to the ship is not a big deal. tell your dh if we save money on this cruise maybe in a mouth or 2 we can take another short cruise, you got to be a wheeler dealer. Frankie Cruise:cool:

I see you live in florida, that means getting to the ship is not a big deal. tell your dh if we save money on this cruise maybe in a mouth or 2 we can take another short cruise, you got to be a wheeler dealer. Frankie Cruise:cool:

I like your thinking frankie!

Well I sailed the Enchantment this past March the Mariner in August, We booked the Mariner again for September, No comparison this will be our 4th time on the Mariner much nicer an bigger.Enchantment has No promonade NO cookies no sandwiches no pizza and or coffee,unless you maybe call roomservice an wait for a hour for it. ;)

Well I sailed the Enchantment this past March the Mariner in August, We booked the Mariner again for September, No comparison this will be our 4th time on the Mariner much nicer an bigger.Enchantment has No promonade NO cookies no sandwiches no pizza and or coffee,unless you maybe call roomservice an wait for a hour for it. ;)

That was my argument also. His argument is that there is a slash pool for our 4 yr old

That was my argument also. His argument is that there is a slash pool for our 4 yr old

The "splash" pool for your 4 year old isn't really a pool at all, I mean, he can't swim in it, it's a big ball that jets water out WHEN it's working. I love the Enchantment, and happen to have a 4 year old, he loves swimming and spent more time in the regular pool than the splash pool. On our b2b in August, they had that part closed more than it was open as they were painting something.

I would chose a longer cruise in a smaller room than a shorter cruise in a larger room. this is my personal preference and others might not agree.

I'd stick with the Mariner cruise myself.

I agree! Definitely the 7 day :) Just got off a 4 day and it was way too short, granted it was better than nothing but it left me wanting for more!!!!!!!!!

To make a cruise...getting passports/documents/clothes/transportation worthwhile....take the 7 day cruise for sure.

Now compromise...you tell him you would like the 7 day cruise but willing to have a smaller/cheaper cabin. That way he will save $300.00 and you can go on the longer cruise. All fair that way.

OR...just start budgeting your part of the trip right now. Don't spend tons of money NOW on clothes/shoes...make do with what is in your closet and if you want a formal..go to second hand stores and buy one there. There are many great 'used only once' formals for sale are thrift stores! Or even buy one on E-bay. They sell formals as low as $20.00!!!

Also you could make a budget of what you will spend on the trip...less souvenirs/less drinks,etc. With this promise of less spending before and during the trip...how can he deny you the longer 7 day cruise?

Compromise is the key word...that works! Good luck and I hope you get to go on the 7 day cruise.

:) Happy Cruising!:)

Mona,

Thanks for those suggestions. We have room 1388 and I am not willing to give that up, but I have made a good argument that we have a coupon for this sailing plus our diamond discount. That helped.

I will not spend a dime on anything until we sail. That might work:eek:

Mona,

Thanks for those suggestions. We have room 1388 and I am not willing to give that up, but I have made a good argument that we have a coupon for this sailing plus our diamond discount. That helped.

I will not spend a dime on anything until we sail. That might work:eek:

You are sooooooo very welcomed!

There are ways you can save money before and during a cruise....that will help with your 'argument' to help you convince your DH to take the 7 day cruise. Try to check out the message board called: Money Saving Tips at this URL: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

There are some great suggestions over on that board!

Hope you have a marvelous time!

:) HAPPY CRUISING!:)

Wow, Mona. I never even knew that section existed! DH has finally agreed to keep our booking on the Mariner! Yah!:D

Way to go!!!!

See what a little compromising and a promise NOT to spend will do for a gal?!!!! LOL.

Hope you have a wonnnnnderful time.

:) HappyCruisingg!:)

Archived