Live from Diamond Princess

calikak

Hello everyone! We're currenly somewhere off the coast of Mexico on our first sea day. We got a late start out of LA last night because the Norwegian Star was blocking us in and they were having some sort of problem (not sure what). Captain sounded quite annoyed, and we finally sailed out around 7-ish (instead of 4PM). I'm sure we'll make up the time, though. Weather has been warm and sunny, the ship is rocking a bit and my friends prone to seasickness are a bit woozy but to me it doesn't seem too extreme. We have met lots of nice people onboard, passenger demographic seems to be varied ages and very friendly people. Food has been good so far, the prime rib last night was excellent and so was the hazelnut ice cream. Today and tomorrow are sea days and then we'll be in Puerto Vallarta on Tuesday. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll try to get back to you. Internet connection seems pretty good so far so hopefully that will continue! :)

We will be on this cruise in January. I'm curious about what time you will be allowed to disembark in Puerta Vallarta. We would like to do the Zodiak Whale watching expedition but it leaves at 8:30 AM and they want you to be there 30 min. before that. The ship is not scheduled to dock until 8:00. I would like to know if this is going to doable for us. They have a later tour, but it would probably make us late back to the ship for departure.

Please let us know when you can disembark in PV.

Thanks!

Could you find out the answers to a few questions for me. My DH and I will be onboard the Diamond in January:

1. How much are the Soda Stickers/Cards?

2. What nights are Formal?

3. How long does the tender take into Cabo San Lucas?

:) Thanks in advance!!...................Karen

Could you post the order of the menu's. We want to book the specialty resturants as soon as we board this way I know wich dinning room menu I will be willing to skip. Also what production shows are they doing?

Thanks

I told Dennis this morning that I though "Calikak" would send us a message live from the Diamond. We saw on the weather station that a Cat. 2 hurricane was heading to Puerto Vallarta and Cabos. Any info from the ship on that. We were on the Norwegian Star Oct. 5th, I got sun poisoning the first day and spent the rest of the cruise in doors. It was very hot, especially in Acapulco. It cost me $20 to send 3 emails, Beth, so I now appreciate the free internet on Princess......

Suppose you heard we had a lady go overboard just outside Cabos, suicide. It delayed the ship getting back into LA, FBI didn't release the ship until after 1pm. But we enjoyed the cruise.

Have a great birthday and enjoy the Mexican Riviera. Hope the weather cooperates for you and your friends. Say hi to the other Beth for me. Becky

Beth, I know that you and I have not even chatted, much less met, but could you drop everything, put your robe on and check every bar on the ship to see if any of them has Chambord? DW and I will be on the Diamond in two weeks and we and a lady on our roll call all like to have a glass of sparkling wine with a splash of Cambord in it. So, you see, if we can't get Chambord, that will make it the worst cruise anyone ever, ever took and it could possibly ruin at least three lives.

Actually, I hope you are having way too good a time for such an errand, but if you happen to be at any of the bars this week, and if you happened to notice, or to ask....

Kent

Hi, Beth! Sorry you had to spend so long waiting to sail - we saw the Island & the Star in port along with you and figured you'd be last out. I suppose the good news is that you had the best check-in facility.

If you get a chance, could you tell us the names of the bands playing in the Wheelhouse Bar? They usually alternate 2 groups. Thanks a mil, and hope you're out there having fun!

Please let me know what order the dinner menus are in. My wife and I will be on the Diamond in two weeks. We have a copy of all the different dinner menus so the order there served in would be great !! (Italian, Chef's, ect). That way we can plan what nights we'll go to the alternative restaurants. Also, letting us know what evenings are formal would be fantastic. Hope you're having a great time !!

Yogi,

We were on the Sapphire Princess last May. On this day, we were anchored (briefly) between 7 am and 2 pm. Not near enough time IMHO.

First folks to embark on the tenders were those who had signed up for excursions. That started around 745 am.

The ride took about 10 minutes from ship to shore once everyone was on board.

Hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Hi all,

Below is a link to a handy web-site that will show you the "relative" position of any given cruise ship (that reports it's position) anywhere in the world.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

When there is hurricane activity in a given area, that will be noted on the map as well. (Today you will see hurricane John on the map).

Please note though that the ship positions indicated are not in real time. Some position reports can be many hours old. So take the info with a grain of salt.

Glad to see you are at sea after your start. We will be onboard this ship Mar 3 and am wondering as we are to fly in two days earlier into LAX. Should one stay in that area or Long Beach, San Pedro, etc. How were your transfers with Princess? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Would be interested in knowing about your cruise. Thanks

Chris:)

Glad to see that you are at sea after your late start. Would be interested in knowing how your cruise goes as we are to be on this ship Mar 3. We will be flying into LAX two days earlier and would like any suggestions you can give (i.e. stay at LAX , Long Beach, San Pedro itself. shuttle services or Princess transfers,) Any suggestions would be most helpful. Enjoy your cruise. Thanks

Chris

Hi! My family and I will be on the Diamond in less than 2 weeks . If you happen to be by or will inquire about the kiddie splash pool in the kids play area for me, I would like to know if it will be open for my son to use on the Nov. 4th-11th cruise. Thanks so much!

Hi, Beth! Sorry you had to spend so long waiting to sail - we saw the Island & the Star in port along with you and figured you'd be last out. I suppose the good news is that you had the best check-in facility.

If you get a chance, could you tell us the names of the bands playing in the Wheelhouse Bar? They usually alternate 2 groups. Thanks a mil, and hope you're out there having fun!

I got off the Diamond Sept 30 and the groups in the wheelhouse were the Bruce Gordon Trio and Spiro Duo. The Bruce Gordon Trio is a 30-50's era song trio and is very good. They will be on until March. The 2nd is a duo and had just got on that week and are okay. They do more modern songs, but use a canned music type thing to go along with their singing.

Hope this helps

Shelley

I got off the Diamond Sept 30 and the groups in the wheelhouse were the Bruce Gordon Trio and Spiro Duo. The Bruce Gordon Trio is a 30-50's era song trio and is very good. They will be on until March. The 2nd is a duo and had just got on that week and are okay. They do more modern songs, but use a canned music type thing to go along with their singing.

Hope this helps

Shelley

Hello,

I will be taking the Diamond the 1st week of December. Thanks for posting from the ship and getting the answers to our questions.

1. The Bars - Do they serve Razberry Stoli? This is my regular drink and will probally smuggle it onboard if it is not available.

2. Thermal Suite - Is there a charge for access and how much? I have seen conflicting post about needing to pay for access or use it with other spa services.

I'm sure that I will come up with more before the end of the week. Thanks again and ENJOY your cruise.

-A

Archived