Who is your favorite Celebrity waiter?

Bisous3

We had a fantastic waiter on the Centrury in 2004. His name was Marius, and his assistand was Germain. Marius was from Romania, and I read here that someone else had a sommolier named Marius from Romania, so I wonder if he has moved up. He was very outgoing and was always joking with us at mealtime. He made napkin flowers for the ladies, and Germain was always trying to flip a spoon into a coffee mug after the dessert was served. I remember one night one of the ladies replied "nothing thanks" to the request for dessert. Marius brought her an empty plate with some syrup drizzled over it and a dusting of icing sugur. "Here is your plate of Nothing Ma'am" he said. I hope to run into him again on our next cruise in Jan 09. Hope he is still there.

After our recent Constellation cruise, I'd like to add Erdal and his assistant Jose - what a team!

We also had Erdal on our Constellation cruise in July. He was very good.

So far my favorites have been Nelly (Millenium and Mercury), Martinho (Mercury), Erdal (Constellation) and Bruno (Infinity).

Just found this thread today. What fun!! We have to add a third vote for Erbay from Turkey. Joyart and Joecors, he was our waiter on the Christmas--New Years cruise this past Dec. Summitt to Hawaii. Still not married. He was, hands down, the best waiter we have had ever!!!

I haven't had a bad waiter yet on Celbrity, but the one who stands out the most was Savash (spelling??) from Turkey. We had a table for 10 and two of the ladies could not use knives due to recent hand surgery or a broken arm. With all of the people that he had to wait on, Savash found the time to cut every piece of meat or foul at every seating. Talk about going above and beyond!

For me I guess it would have to be the one from our very first cruise, on Mercury..he was from Turkey, can't remember his name :o That was 9 years ago..also the one on our Constellation cruise, he was pretty cool too, can't remember his name again! (his last name sounded like a curse word lol) He was also from Turkey!

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise, 3/26/07-4/6/07 on the Mercury, so I don't have a basis of comparison but, I can say that our waiter Semih (also from Turkey!) was the best waiter I've encountered on any of our cruises. The fact that he was easy on the eyes didn't hurt either :)

I don't know if/when I'll be on a Celebrity ship again but I can't imagine any other waiter being as good or better than Semih.

I was treated famously and now I'm spoiled.

Archived