Who is your favorite Celebrity waiter?

Bisous3

Razvan Popa (from Romania) on the Constellation, along with his assistant Jacquelee (from Jamaica). Those two were the finest waitstaff team we have ever experienced on a cruise.

We were on Constellation Baltic and TA back to back this summer. Razvan was not our waiter, but was always wonderful to us. He was at the table next to us. Jacquelee was our assistant waiter. He gave us fantastic service!

Fatih from Turkey and asst. Russel from the Phillipines AND Omer from Turkey all from Summit Jan 05. They went way over the top. The Assit. Maitre D' was the most gracious gentleman I have met in a long time. He was also from Turkey. I believe his last name started with a Z.

Connie

Okay I now have a favorite number one waiter, On the Century, we had Hugo, from Portugal and Valeriano from India, they were by far the most entertaining, accomodating, funny guys I have ever met. Everynight they walked us out to the elevators, they were great. Service was excellent, just an all around good time. Valeriano was in line to become a waiter very soon, I hope my comments helped him along.

We always tip extra on every trip, these two guys received the most we have ever tipped a waiter. We did't want to go to Murano's to eat because we didn;t want to leave these guys, just terrific.

We had great service from Joffrey(India) and Iwayans(Indonesia) on the Horizon. We were traveling with a good friend who was undergoing chemo and they were most accomodating and attentive. The Horizon was being sold at the time and I have often wondered if they were still with either Celebrity or Royal c.

Our favorite waiter of all time was Erbay (actually Erdinc Erbay) from Turkey.!!

Joy

I'm sure it's no coincidence, but Erbay was the name of our waiter on the Summit to Alaska in August and he matched all the qualities that you described in your post. He was terrific! Great service! Wonderful sense of humour! Always had a smile.

One in a million. He must be the same one.

Wow!! It was so great to have someone mention Erbay. Was it just this past August - 2006 that he was your waiter on the Summit? We lost track of him about 6 months after our March, 2004 cruise on the Mercury, where he was our wonderful waiter. He was supposed to get married that August, but then he and his fiancee decided to postpone their wedding and he went back for "one more contract". We wondered if they had gotten married, if he was still working on cruise ships, etc. Was your Erbay from Turkey? Please give me any info you can. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joy

Wow!! It was so great to have someone mention Erbay.

Joy

Hallo Joy

Apologies for not responding sooner. We met Erbay on the Summit to Alaska this year. We hoped to find a photograph of him amongst those we took this year. On checking through them, the good news was that we did have one: the BAD NEWS - it was a view of his back taken when the waiters paraded the Baked Alaska so unless you carefully studied his "Dervish type flailing napkin" technique, it would be useless sending it on to you.

Here's what we remember of him:= 8 1/2 to 9 foot tall./slim/smart dresser

- dapper even/ dark hair/quiet and not at all "in your face"/always cheerful and friendly when you met him on other locations on the ship. Didn't establish whether he was married!

Just one other thing, his speciallity 'sleight of hand' table trick(they seem to be a "hallmark" of all Celebrity waiters) was to mix up salt and pepper on a plate and some how manage to separate them by shaking the plate.

Hope this helps but fear it might not.

Take care

Sam

Thanks for responding about Erbay. I am quite sure it is the same young man we had as our waiter. How many "Erbays" can there be who are waiters on Celebrity? I think you may have made a mistake when you wrote that he was "8 1/2 to 9 feet tall :) I do have a great picture of him I could e-mail you, but did not think it appropriate to include it in a CC posting.

Joy

i really enjoyed Ram Kumar on the Mercury and his assistant Allan. i decided to pay attention to how they worked one night and noticed that Ram was giving non-verbal cues to people assisting him and how they easily followed his lead. when Ram would interract with us you really had no idea what was going on behind the scenes. quite seamless and elegant.

our somallier, Fernando, was amazing. he was actually the supervisor and lead the wine tasting classes. he was not only exciting and animated, but very good at keeping everyone's attention and making sure people were learning and answering all questions. it was always a pleasure to see him at dinner. he just got a promotion and is now on the Summit.

Jeffrey

We had Vlaho and Igor an excellent pairing on Constellation in August 2004 in the Baltics. I see Vlaho was mentioned on the Millenium . This year we had Hussan from Turkey who was also very very good. My children still speak fondly of Vlaho [he is very tall and formidable and slightly scary looking but very very friendly] and hope to meet him again

I think you may have made a mistake when you wrote that he was "8 1/2 to 9 feet tall :)

Joy

Yep! So sorry! Should have read five foot eight & half! He would have been unique with my original figure. Sort of standing out in a crowd.

Thanks for the offer of the photo, but we have sufficient memories of him in our mind.

Enjoy your cruising

Sam

My two favorite waiters were Nelly Reverendo (Goa, India) and Martinho fro Portugal.

As for Erbay he was on Mercury when we sailed her in April 2005. We did not have him but our friends did and they loved him. He's really, really good looking.

I have a picture of him in my webshots somewhere.

Mario & Sunjay on Summit - exceptional!

Stefan on Millie about 5 years ago from South Africa - over the top for service and personality

Agree on an Easton - but we had Easton on Summit and he was the best bar waiter we've ever had. I understand he's retired now.

We'll be on Galaxy in March. I seem to recall Pacheo on our last Galaxy cruise.

All-in-all we've had wonderful dining room service on all 15 of our Celeb cruises and look forward to that continued level of service. The food has gone down but the service has remained excellent!

The best would definitely have to be Severino from India. We had him as our waiter on Galaxy in 2002 and then (by sheer luck and coincidence) again on Century this past year. I was even more amazed when 3 1/2 years later, he remembered us and some of the antics he pulled on us (like marrying my friend and myself). He is truly wonderful, hysterical, and a lot of fun!

Severino was our waiter on Century a couple of weeks ago, and he is an excellent waiter, not to mention a funny guy. I liked the way he "announced" the dessert tray. The last word was always dramatically drawn-out. :D

On our Sept cruise on the Century we had Charles (Charlie) as our waiter, He was fantastic and we shared 2 different assist. waiters, Tovar and Michael. Both did a wonderful job of keeping our water glasses full and cleaning our table. We also got to know the best wine sommelier, Danniella. she was a delight and throughly knew wines from France, Italy and Calif. We loved having time to talk to her.

Francine

IMG_0631.jpg.d3929e06d165177f59793ed84fe4400e.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg.5fbcbb98b900896fddeb2f92dd7b4709.jpg

• 2 months later...

I cruised on the Constellation in May (Baltic) and November (Caribbean) 2006. I was lucky enough to have Menino from Goa, India as my waiter on both trips. I can't begin to describe how fantastic the service was. The first trip I was with my mother and four of her 70 something year old friends and the second with my husband and childen (8 and 10). He treated my daughter with as much respect as he did my mother. His Assistant Waiters were Juan from Honduras in May and Julius from Guatamala in November. We looked forward to going to the dining room every night just to see our friend. My children talk about him on a regular basis and sent him hand made christmas cards.

We also had a great bar server in the Rendezvous lounge, Astin from Jamaica.

Every one of the dining staff was fantastic, from the smiling faces behind the steam line on the buffett, waiters refilling my coffee at breakfast to my Maitra'd Sasha.

I could not believe how many of the crew recognized me and even rememered my name on my second cruise. Take the time to get to know the wonderfull staff on the Celebrity Ships. I guarantee you they will touch your lives and you wll never forget these amazing people. I was truly shocked to learn the education level of most of them and it gave me a new insight into their countries. I met an Assistant Waiter who is a lawyer, my stateroom attendant had an accountnig degree and maitra'd had an engineering degree. They work 7 months with NO days off and are happy to be there.

If you are lucky enough to run into Menino or Astin tell them Julie from California said Hi!

In March 2006 on Summit we had Salmoudin..in short

SAL

as our waiter. He was really the best.

During lunch he was the greeter at the buffet. I noticed he knew many people by name, even those that were not on his tables.

Besides he greeted not only in english but in many other languages.

SAL.jpg.67e3ffa3c87a6081d0651f522d03b7c5.jpg

Last Fall, we had Vlaho & Mayra as our waiters on Millie...We were back a couple of weeks ago & had hoped to get Vlaho again, but he was at home on his vacation, so we were happy for him. We got Serkan from Turkey this time & he was just PRECIOUS! Also, we saw some of our old friends from the previous cruise, including Mayra, who is now engaged, Krassimir from Bulgaria, John from Colombia was just back from his vacation, and our old friend Jimmy was there as well as Michael. It's great to see the crew we met last time & have them remember us so well! What an awesome group of folks!

We were on the Feb 11 Millie cruise. Our four member team in the dining room of Waitress Roberta, Assistant Teddora, Semmolier Dragica and bar waiter John were fabulous.:) Roberta always had suggestons for pros and cons on the nightly menu, Dragica's wine suggestions were always dead on and John also knew our names and preferences immediately. We cannot imagine a team - and they are a team - being better.

Dan & Judy

Archived