Who is your favorite Celebrity waiter?

Bisous3

One nice thing about being a frequent Celebrity cruiser is running into old friends on the staff.

Our favorite waiter is a guy from Portugal named Rui, married to a beautiful young lady named Julie, who at one point worked in the specialty restaurant.I have no idea if they are still with Celebrity...sound familiar to anyone?

Another guy was from I believe Romania and his name was Krasimir.

I wish there were staff lists for each ship, and that you could request your waiter.

Hi Bisous !

My 2 all time favorites would be Martin from India on Century, and Diego from Columbia (I believe he is on Zenith these days). They are both wonderful, have great attitudes, and work very hard to keep the customer happy. They also take great pride in their work.

Both of them should be Maitre'd 's someday. I hope it happens for them.

What a great thread!

We've been blessed with great waiters on every one of our Celebrity cruises. The most recent standout was on Constellation last Feb. His name was Christian from Romania. His service was flawless and very personal. We really liked his assistant, Yusmin (pronounced like "use-mean), too.

Our favorite was actually the assistant waiter, Yasser from Turkey. This was on board Galaxy in 11/04. Not only did he treat us like royalty, but our DS (3 1/2 at the time) was treated like a prince. I was worried he would expect that treatment to continue at home!!! Whenever we saw Yasser around the ship, he always made a big deal of it with our son. But hen again, everyone did.

Suzanne, nice thread:)

Do we have to name only one?:eek:.....

I agree with Andy's choice.....Diego was my very first waiter

ever:) on Century and I was happy to see him again earlier

this year on Zenith. It was really wonderful to see him!

Let's see......seems all the waiters I have had were always

really good..friendly and fantastic service.

Jackviston was super on Summit last October.

Zoren on my Century III cruise was fabulous.

Milan on Zenith both times was also

wonderful.

Both waiters on Mercury...Renata (sp)...

and Adrian....both great!

Suzanne, I will ask you again...do we have to name

only one?;) Impossible LOL

Hoping the waitstaff on Millie is as good as all my

previous sailings!

My very favorite would be Alan from Croatia. We had him twice on Zenith and he was not on board this last cruise and we missed him very much. My son adores him and calls him Uncle Alan. He treated my son like a Prince and took care of his every wish. We had Tony from the Phillippines on this recent Zenith cruise and he was a riot. He had me laughing every night and I swear he could read my mind...he knew exactly what I wanted and would bring me seconds of my favorites. He did great magic tricks that kept my son in awe. Favorite assistant waiter...Keith from Nicaragua. Wonderfully helpful and great magic tricks too.

Favorite sommelier would have to be Marius from Romania. He was soooo enthusiastic about wine and could talk about it all night. We had a lot of fun with him tasting the special wines we had brought on board.

I have really never had bad service on any of my 4 Celebrity cruises. X has a great crew and Zenith's is the tops. In fact, the restaurant manager on Zenith told me that Zenith's crew has ranked number 1 in passenger ratings across the Fleet for the past 3 years. :D

Oh My....there have been so many good ones....but two stand out:

Roy from India on our first Summit cruise (I've heard he is now a head waiter) and Aslan from Turkey (first on Century and then on Zenith). It's hard to beat both of them !!!!!

Celebrity does have their fair share of outstanding wait staff.

Thanks to Bisous for starting this thread that recognizes them. Heaven knows how many hours they put in and how special they make our cruise memories!

Roy from India on our first Summit cruise (I've heard he is now a head waiter) and Aslan from Turkey (first on Century and then on Zenith). It's hard to beat both of them !!!!!

Thanks to Bisous for starting this thread that recognizes them. Heaven knows how many hours they put in and how special they make our cruise memories!

We had great wait team on Century in June 2003.

Victor from India and Andrey from Lithuania (Russian)... They were SOOO professional!!!

I sooo wasn't expecting to hear Russian language. :D

Hi Anne:) hope your Freedom cruise was fun..welcome back!

Roy was promoted? How cool is that:D .....I remember him too.

He wasn't my waiter but I delivered some pictures to him for you

back in 2003:eek: .....where has the time gone?

It would be nice to see him again. I wonder what ship he is on!

The best waiter we've had is Oliver (I think from Masadonia) on the Galaxy in 2004 (I hope he's back on the Galaxy in Feb. 07).

Also, Juan (from Costa Rica) on the Summit in 2005.

Both gentleman were very friendly and you could have a laugh with them.

Lois, name as many as you like!

Through the years and all the cruises there have been so many wonderful staff members...not only wait staff. We can also make this therad a "favorite staff member" thread!

Our best was Sasha, I do not know were he was from, but we had him on the Millinium and he was perfect. The next year he was one of the head waiters on the Infinity. A wonderful person.

We also had Maria, as an asst. waiter, on the Century. She was so wonderful with our kids. She was from Austria and her parents had a house on the lake that the "Von Trapps" lived in the "Sound of Music", my daughters would say "you know the Von Trapps?" she would say no, but they kept asking her about them. I always will remember that she always brought the kids out extra vegtables with the dinner!! We exchanged addresses and wrote for several years.

While this post is about waiters, by far the best service we ever recieved on X was a butler named Desmond. We had him twice and everything was perfect. He actually got down on his hands and knees and played with our kids in the cabin.

Celebrity has done a very good job in getting some very good people on the ships.

Our favorite, so far, was Osman on Mercury. He and his wonderful Asst Waiter Tony were fantastic. They handled our 5 grandchildren with aplomb while giving excellent service the parents and grandparents. I don't even want to try to count the number of shrimp cocktails consumed by the boys :). The magic tricks and other little things that made the children's meal times so much fun will always be a special memory for all of us. Our Asst Maitre D' Safer, on that cruise (Alaska in July), was also the best we'd ever had

Hey Sheila, that would be Zafer right?:D ;) He was the Ass't

Maitr'd on my May cruise too!

One of the nicest anywhere.......along with Richard

from Poland:)

Archived