Who is your favorite Celebrity waiter?

Bisous3

I had heard wonderful things about Andrea on Mercury and even requested her, but I had also requested table 606 and couldn't have both! so we were given Melvyn from India and were assured he was great. They were right. Melvyn was not only very efficient, but funny, attentive to the kids, delightful, and a wonderful waiter! He went out of his way to make our cruise even better than it already was.

I have to say our best Celebrity waiter was "Mansur." We had two tables of 10 on the Constellation

(2001) and he was fabulous to us all. Then we were fortunate to find him again on the Celebrity Galaxy (2003). He kept us laughing and entertained. Hoping he will show up on our upcoming Century cruise.

Last year on the Century we had Frankie and Jayash Naik both from Goa, India and they were both AMAZING! Soren from Romania was great too! Actually, everyone on Century was wonderful. :D I can't wait to be back in a couple of weeks and hope to see a lot of familiar faces!

Our First Two Cruises Were With Celebrity . All Waiters And Staff Everywhere Were Excellent. You Get Complacent And Take This Quality Of Service For Granted. We Then Did A Cruise With Msc, And What A Difference. I Know We Paid Less, And Therefore Should Expect Less But The Ship, Food Etc. Was V. Good. DINING ROOM STAFF WERE ALSO VERY GOOD, What I Did Not Expect Was To See was BUFFET Waiting Staff Standing Around In Groups Every Day , Not Helping To Make Drinks, Not Helping Old Or Disabled People And Worse Of All, Not Clearing Dirty Tables. A Big Thumbs Up For All Celeb. Staff.

Carlos on Horizon was terrific as well. Does anyone kinow if he's still with X and, if so, on which ship? He's from Honduras

Carlos is on Summit now. We had him last week and, you are correct, he is terrific. Staid at first but soon broke out in very wry humor. He and Dajan took VERY good care of us!

Karen...I believe we had the same Tony on Zenith last week. He tells you to remember his name by remembering Toe and Knee :D as he points to them! He had me in stitches every night and had many magic tricks for my 6 year old son. Felix was his assistant who was also very nice but more quiet. Tony is a great waiter and a lot of fun.

Hey BG2! That IS the same Tony (and Felix). We all laughed when we heard your description. They need to give him a raise and a promotion. Then again, I don't want to lose him!

Karen

Last year on the Century we had Frankie and Jayash Naik both from Goa, India and they were both AMAZING! Soren from Romania was great too! Actually, everyone on Century was wonderful. :D I can't wait to be back in a couple of weeks and hope to see a lot of familiar faces!

I was so excited to see Frankie is still on the Century (or was a year ago). He's the best waiter ever!!!!!!

Karen

I was so excited to see Frankie is still on the Century (or was a year ago). He's the best waiter ever!!!!!!

Karen

I've been in contact with one of the waiters since last year and he said Frankie will be there next week when I go back. I can't wait to see all my friends! The Century has the best crew ever!

In no particular order

1. Harish, Century 1999. After the first night, I didn't use the menu, just told him to bring me whatever he recommended.

2. Joao, Horizon 2001 & Zenith 2002. Very professional.

3. Assistant waiter, Maia (unsure of spelling), Millennium 2003. If you look up "efficient" in the dictionary, her picture is there. We had a weak waiter and she picked up the slack. A real go-getter.

Century-about 5 years ago- Byron with his asst waiter Ramos.

They are the waiters all others now get judged by. Very dry sense of humor that we enjoyed immensely and wonderful wonderful service.

Even my kids still talk about them with fondness.

I got such a kick out of this thread!

We only cruise Celebrity and some of the names seem familiar, we had a great waiter on our first 2 cruises, his name was Armando from the Phillipines, and we were on the Meridian when we had the pleasure.

We also had a maitre de from Lithuania, and he did speak their own language, Lithuanian, not Russian.

Such good memories...:p

Hector was the waiter and Martin the assistant on Century. They made our dining experience the highlight of our cruise. Absolutely amazing!

AND DID YOU KNOW.....

If a crew member receives a certain number of positive comments (their name MUST be listed on comment card) they receive extra time off?

:) :) :)

I wish I could remember his name, he was from South Africa. It was on Century, August of 2004. It was one of his last cruises, if not his last cruise, before he was going home and getting married. His fiance was on another ship.

We were on the Millennium October 16th to October 29th for the Mediterranean cruise.There were 14 of us, we had Jouel- the waiter, Scengio-asst. waiter and Dariusz -asst. maitre d. These guys were great. We are hoping to get them next year on the transatlantic.

Andrea. She was on the Mercury but may have changed by now.

Andrea is still on the Mercury. She has 7 more months left on her contract. We had her on the 10/30/06 cruise to the Mexican Riviera. She is wonderful as was the assistant waiter, Victor. Rumor has it that he is going to replace one of the assistant Maitre D's that is leaving in two weeks. They both are amazing.

What a great thread!

We've been blessed with great waiters on every one of our Celebrity cruises. The most recent standout was on Constellation last Feb. His name was Christian from Romania. His service was flawless and very personal. We really liked his assistant, Yusmin (pronounced like "use-mean), too.

Good to hear the waiters are great on Constellation as we're going Dec. 18th, 11 nghts. ult. carib. Looking forward to meeting them.

We just returned yesterday from the fall foliage cruise on the Constellation. We had two of the best waiters we've ever had. Jose Chavez from Honduras (waiter)...quote]

We enjoyed Jose and his ever smiling face along with "Sunshine", asst waiter on our very first cruise on the Summit.

2nd cruise we would have to give the nod to Kevin, from Jamaica and his asst. (and new dad while on this cruise!) Aputu, from Bali.

Best bar waiter.....Easton!!! both cruises!

Archived