Curtains in Cabins???

kbknepp

I have noticed that in the photos of the cabins (not talking suites) there are curtains shown on the sides that "divide" the sitting area (I use the term loosely) and the bed area. Are these actual functioning curtains that could be pulled all the way across as a divider or are they simply aesthetic features that don't actually work?

I have noticed that in the photos of the cabins (not talking suites) there are curtains shown on the sides that "divide" the sitting area (I use the term loosely) and the bed area. Are these actual functioning curtains that could be pulled all the way across as a divider or are they simply aesthetic features that don't actually work?

It might depend on the ship class. I've mostly sailed in Vision class ships and except for our one Owner's suite, the curtains are strictly for aesthitecs ... and for hanging clothes on! :)

When we were on the Rhapsody a few years back with our daughters and sons in law....we had 3 inside cabins on the same deck,but 2 of the cabins had the decorative curtains, and one cabin had the useful divider curtain. You won't know till you get to your cabin! Just have a great trip.

Just for looks - really too bad! What a good idea a full-width curtain would have been. And then to add insult to injury, if you're in a cabin with a 3rd upper berth it is located RIGHT OVER THE HEAD OF THE LOWER BED :eek: rather than over the sofa like it should be. I just can't figure out why they did this...

We have sailed both the Monarch (very small inside) and the Mariner (roomy balcony) and this was the configuration of both cabins.:(

When we were on Explorer and Mariner (two cabins next to each other on each ship) all cabins had curtains that functioned and separated the two areas. On Serenade we had two cabins next to each other. One cabin had functioning curtains and one did not. I couldn't figure that one out at all. So as Bell Ringer said... you won't know until you get to your cabin!

How about the Freedom Class ships? We are looking at Liberty of the Seas and we would really like to have a cabin with a full curtain for dressing/privacy. Those little bathrooms are too dang small for this. I think if a cabin holds more than 2 people the curtain should be a full draw not for looks only.

I am looking for info on balcony cabins or JS..

Thanks!!

Bev

Are these actual functioning curtains that could be pulled all the way across as a divider or are they simply aesthetic features that don't actually work?

In our inside cabin on Grandeur this summer they were full curtains because we pulled them closed to use as a backdrop for some photos of my granddaughter in her formal night outfit.

Voyager class curtains are decorative. Radiance class, functional. Haven't paid attention of any of the other ships!!!

Then I guess it was all in my imagination that they were functional in all our cabins aboard Explorer and Mariner and split between our cabins on Serenade??:rolleyes:

We had 2 D1's on the Mariner- and they were not functional. Well, they blocked the head of the sofa from the beds, but they didn't pull out any. We talked about bringing an extra sheet and staple gun for the next cruise....

Kay

I believe that if the curtain is fully functional in a cabin (any cabin) it is that cabin accomodates more than 2 people (can seperate sleeping areas if needed if there are sofa beds that can be used) and that in cabins that only hold 2 people they are decorative.

Voyager class curtains are decorative. Radiance class, functional. Haven't paid attention of any of the other ships!!!

Navigator is a Voyager class and as WestCoastVecs noted above, they had a functional curtain.

Oh, and easy on those exclamation points (!!!) you're going to hurt yourself! ;):eek:

Curtains are almost completely decorative.

They extend at most 2' from the wall and keep

those in the bed from being able to see those

on the couch, kinda.

That's how I'd describe the curtain in our Balcony room on Mariner. Well, maybe it came out 3-4 feet.....:rolleyes:

Archived