Booking Next Cruise Whilst On Board

candelle

Could I please have opinions on whether cruises booked whilst on board really are worthwhile ‘price wise’?

I appreciate that the choice of cabin would be better, but do the on-board prices match what is generally ‘out there’?

We are cruising in a couple of weeks and would love some information and advice

Could I please have opinions on whether cruises booked whilst on board really are worthwhile ‘price wise’?

I appreciate that the choice of cabin would be better, but do the on-board prices match what is generally ‘out there’?

The advantage of booking online is the onboard credit you receive when you do. Prices are the same as what is available to everyone, as is the cabin availability. We do try to book at least one cruise, though, as the credits ($50-200 per stateroom) and the ability to move your booking to your own TA are nice. You can always change the cruise date/sailing/etc. just make certain that the booking number stays the same and the credit will follow you.

Hi Candelle !

Yes, it pays to book onboard. The prices will be the same as what you can get from your travel agent, but you will get an extra "bonus" of Onboard credits for your next Cruise, for booking onboard.

If you use a specific travel agent, you can have the booking moved to your travel agent, and keep the Onboard credits, so its the best of both worlds !

Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi: Go for it, the OBC is a true bonus if you are intending to cruise again anyway. Prior to booking our upcoming cruise on our last cruise, we researched the prices on the X site just before booking (used an internet cafe in Mazatlan) and we were given a better price by X staff on board.

Transferred our booking to our T/A no problem and even our T/A couldn't get the same price for himself and his wife!!

I also seem to remember that you can book a RCI cruise while on an X cruise and receive the OBC too - perhaps someone else could confirm that?

I also seem to remember that you can book a RCI cruise while on an X cruise and receive the OBC too - perhaps someone else could confirm that?

Yes, you can do this... and you can book an Celebrity Cruise on RCI ships too.

Hi I did this in May and again on Century 25th for next T/A on Millennium. A bit of a mix up in reference numbers as I had thought I would do the T/A on Century with a 5 day Caribbean prior to this. X and my T/A have somehow or other mixed up the ref numbers.

X have asked for the ship paperwork which has now been sent by FAX to them. This should resolve the matter. I got a 12% discount from my T/A so the booking on board plus the OBC as well as the discount was worth it. Added to this there is a price reduction on Balcony on Millennium so this will reduce the price by a further £40.

Nothing to lose by taking an option whilst on board as I did and then finalise your details with your T/A when you get home.

Sue

My parents are cruising RCL next month. Could they book my cruise for me and still get the OBC for me? Can they just give my name instead of theirs?

Hi Tammy !

From what I understand, the OBC is only supposed to be for those who are actually onboard, and book another Cruise. I tried to book other relatives on my last sailing, and I was told that was not allowed.

However, as the old saying goes... it never hurts to ask. You have nothing to lose !

Good Luck !

We have booked our last 2 cruises while on board (as well as 2 more upcoming cruises). In each case, the price went down after we got home and we just called Captain's Club and got the reduction applied to our booking! ;)

Hi Tammy !

From what I understand, the OBC is only supposed to be for those who are actually onboard, and book another Cruise. I tried to book other relatives on my last sailing, and I was told that was not allowed.

However, as the old saying goes... it never hurts to ask. You have nothing to lose !

Good Luck !

There is a work around to this. If the couple that is on board will be sailing with the second couple just book the ladies in in one cabin and the men in another cabin. Get the OBC for both cabins:D Then once you cruise just trade sea pass cards. Works everytime:cool:

Pam

Are they still giving the beige and blue bags for those in CC cabins or suites?

Thanks, Mary

:eek: OH MY GOD! Mary, it's me Pam from Hallmark collectors club way back in the day! I did not know you were a cruiser. What a small world. How have you been? Drop me an email my e-address is the same as my screenname at comcast dot net

Sorry I can't answear your question. I have only sailed Celeb once and it was a balcony cabinn

Pam

Booking on board really pays off when you book way in advance. It doesn't make sense to book on board for a close in cruise just to get the credit, especially if you could have gotten a better rate by booking well in advance with your TA prior to the cruise.

For an 8 day I think it is almost certainly $100. I am on the Millennium T/A March 18th and I noted that there is yet another price reduction the 2nd since Saturday. I am in a 2B room with a single supplement and both reductions amount to £120 for me. £40 Sat. and £80 today. I also have the $200 OBC.

I note that they now have some inside rooms again but only grade 10 and down.

The saving for me will pay for my shuttle flight to join the T/A flight. plus my tips!

Sue

I book onboard all the time. MY TA in Miami is one of the preferred agents Celebrity and RCL uses, so I get her discounted prices. Which a tad bit lower than Celebrity's website price.

While on RCL's Voyager of the Seas, I wanted to book a Celebrity cruise for ourselves and another couple, but the schedule wasn't out. The sales agent gave me two vouchers for each of us for our shipboard credit. When the schedule came out, I booked the cruise with my agent and gave her the coupons to apply.

I asked about this on my last Celebrity cruise, but they didn't do it. I guess it depends on the agent and cruise line.

I have booked many cruises onboard and find that I've saved money. While I'm on my upcoming Celebrity cruise, I will book a cruise on RCL's Liberty of the Seas. I will also book for friends of mine. I just made sure they gave me their Crown and Anchor numbers and their proper names that are on their passports.

The Shipboard Credits are as follows (this is from Celebrity):

$50 for 3-5 night cruises

$100 for 6-8 night cruises

$200 for 9+ night cruises

Archived