****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

Hey Tony ...No problem...Glad we could help...

Actually we spoke a bit to soon....it's snowing:eek:

Cheers from the shores of Georgian Bay two hours north of Toronto

Ken & Jan

Don't tell me SNOW already!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

It is so cool to be me...wow...a special meal!!!

I never lose... but sometimes I "Break even" When I "Break Even" A Bunch of cowards "PRETEND" I Won!!!

God I hate that when I break even....makes the whole evening feel like I worked for "minimum wage".

Tony

Good Morning...

We'll the clocks went forward last night but not my sleeping patterns...I still woke up at 6:00am this morning...OUCH!

We are currently moving at 21.5 knots and made our way past the straights of Messina in the middle of the night.

The ship is moving somewhat, but I didn't feel anything at all last night after going to bed after watching "Pimp my Ride" on MTV. Our satelite link is coming from Germany, but still happy that we can get it!

Of course being a sea day, it is very quiet onboard this morning and even here in the Internet cafe I am the only one here!

I got delivered last night an information package on the Overnight to Cairo excursion that I am doing and will read it later today.

The sun should be coming up in 10 minutes time if anyone would like to view it on the ships Cruise Cam.

More to follow later this morning after breakfast from the Golden Princess enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

I just checked the weather forecast for Athens tomorrow and it's calling for a high of 67F and partlky cloudy skies...so should be a nice day tomorrow compared to last weeks frigid temps!

Ok, going for breakfast now and will be back afterwards.

More to follow from the Golden Princess at sea enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

Ken & Jan were reporting from 2 hours north of Toronto. Only rain down here. Not cold enough yet.

Javier just emailed me before going to bed and he said it's freezing and raining in Montreal currently...I guess winter is around teh corner soon!

Tony

Hi Tony,

The Med. season must be really winding down now.Just checked the Cruise Ship Calendar and Golden is the only Cruise Ship in Piraeus tomorrow.

I am not surprised David, as to be here this late in November is not that common and even next year the Star and the new Royal Princess will be in the Med in Nov and early December.

Tony

We'll just came back from breakfast and it was just what I need to wake up. In the Dinning Room this morning a waiter told that I had my T-Shirt inside out...OMG how funny was that?

The Dinning Room was very quiet this morning and everyone is sleeping in today.

I might go back to bed myself for a little while.

Moree to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

Is Carlo Gunetti still PSD onboard? and is Giancarlo Morello Staff First Purser? If they are onboard tell them Mr. Sauve says a warm hello to both of them as well as Giorgio the Maitre'D please for me.

Tony,

Carlo Gunetti is on vacation and so is Giancarlo Morello. Giancarlo is due back later this month. Giorgio is still onboard as the Maitre'D---in my opinion he is the best in the fleet. We have sailed with him many times. Tonight, we will let him know that you said hello.

See you when you board in Aruba!

Curt:)

Looking at the bridge cam appears the seas are pretty calm for your journey today. What, if anything are you going to do in Athens this time? If you get a chance please have some Tzatziki for me please. Goes great with Baaaaaa.

And for today: Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Better??..

Hi Tony,

Sorry I never got back to you on what happened to the Grand during Dry-dock. Here's what we have seen based on observations both pre and post dry-dock. The propulsion system was enhanced significantly. The bridge radar/navigation system was upgrade to state-of-the-art system. Many chairs were varnished and some fabric replaced. Balcony furniture and tables were replaced (very nice). Dividers between balconies were replaced with non-flamable material. The entire airconditioning system and duct work has been cleaned. Ship was cleaned and painted on the outside. From what we have been told, most of the work was targeted at things that would not be seen by the passengers. Carpeting in some public areas and staterooms was replaced. SanDisk (SDDR-89) camera card readers have been added to the Internet Cafe, so you can send photos via email to family and friends. I have also been able to Post these photos to a family web site that allows input to be added by email. This is a great addition. The software will automatically compress the photos you include in the email. The bedding on the ship was not replaced. No one can tell us when the Grand Princess will receive the need bedding. So, that's pretty much what we have seen.

Hope your cruise is going well!!

Curt :)

Thanks for the update Curt. I remembered seeing this but couldn't find the thread. I'm going to copy and paste your comments to another thread, because it's kind of gotten buried in amongst all the rest of the stuff in this thread. I'm not sure EVERYONE is following this blog. I hope you don't mind me doing this. We'll be on Grand Princess in less than 3 weeks.

Thanks for the update Curt. I remembered seeing this but couldn't find the thread. I'm going to copy and paste your comments to another thread, because it's kind of gotten buried in amongst all the rest of the stuff in this thread. I'm not sure EVERYONE is following this blog. I hope you don't mind me doing this. We'll be on Grand Princess in less than 3 weeks.

Of course EVERYONE is following this blog...It's the "Happy Cruise" as quoted by someone previously!

Tony

Javier just emailed me before going to bed and he said it's freezing and raining in Montreal currently...I guess winter is around the corner soon!

Tony

Yep.......winter is surely around the corner. It's only going to get into the low 80's today. :D

Arlene

Tony,

Carlo Gunetti is on vacation and so is Giancarlo Morello. Giancarlo is due back later this month. Giorgio is still onboard as the Maitre'D---in my opinion he is the best in the fleet. We have sailed with him many times. Tonight, we will let him know that you said hello.

See you when you board in Aruba!

Curt:)

Curt I agree with you 100%! Thanks for telling him I say hello and that his Mario Porpato is treating us VERY well. When Giancarlo and Carlo return tell them as well thank you for the great hospitality they showed Javier and I and our friend Sharon.

Tony

Looking at the bridge cam appears the seas are pretty calm for your journey today. What, if anything are you going to do in Athens this time? If you get a chance please have some Tzatziki for me please. Goes great with Baaaaaa.

And for today: Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Better??..

Tomorrow, I believe a bunch of us are going to go to Marathon by renting a car at the Hertz right next to the pier. So far that's the plan...of course subject to change.

Not bad for the Quote of the Day!

Tony

yup...we got 7 inches on friday night....

OUCH!...don't tell me this!...Thank God I'll be home only for 16 days before goingt o Tahiti on the Tahitian Princess for Xmas and New Years!

Tony

Perhaps, but just in case, maybe some things could be shared with the group. :)

It keeps the boards busy, anyway, and let's others get a word in edgewise.

Just an FYI for you...when I go to the Most Travelled Luncheon on this cruise I will be able to ask more detailed questions for you and others regarding the DryDock in Marseille, France and report back on here as well.

Tony

Wow, havent done this in a longtime. After breakfast around 9:45am and my final post on here I went back to bed. I just woke up almost 5.5 hours later at 3:30pm....I guess I needed it 'cause I was tired, but I hardly ever go back to bed. I missed Lunch today even...won't hurt me I am sure!

The seas are pretty much calm today and the sun is out in full force. There is a light breeze blowing and the current temperature is 72F...just nice.

Tonight is Formal Night and the Captains Cocktail Reception is at 5:30pm and 7:30pm...I probably won't be attenting it tonight.

The Internet cafe is PACKED! I had to wait 10 minutes before getting a computer now.

I asked my cabin steward last night if it was possible to get a new duvet comforter on my bed and it arrived while I was at breakfast. The blaocny cabins, and outsides and inside cabins have yet to be converted to teh new linen and bedding.

I am goingt o go up shortly and get some fruit or something light to eat as I don't I can last until 7:00pm when I have dinner with Adiamo! and her husband tonight.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

Yep.......winter is surely around the corner. It's only going to get into the low 80's today. :D

Arlene

I'll take 80 degrees anyday over our Montreal winters!

I hope you said hello to Murray and Ro for me?

Tony

Ok, I am going to be heading out of here as there are several people waiting to use the computers. I am also going to go and get a light snack as well

The satelite connection is very slow as well and I wanted to post the entire "Grand Cairo Overnight" shore excursion but will do so later tonight hopefully when the link is faster.

More to follow later today from the Golden Princess enroute to Athens, Greece.

Tony

The satelite connection is very slow as well and I wanted to post the entire "Grand Cairo Overnight" shore excursion but will do so later tonight hopefully when the link is faster.

Tony

:cool: :cool:

I am so excited about going to Egypt, even though it's still a year away. We've tried to get there twice; maybe third time is the lucky one. Will wait to hear/see/read about your excursion and see if it's cost effective. Ro and Murray want to go too. I gave them your regards and they responded, "Tony who?" LOL :D :) :D

Arlene

Archived