****Live From the Golden Princess****

T&J

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh.........look at the number of my post - 2121. My favorite number, and twice. It's my birth date!

A.

Boo.....it disappeared and became 2122.

Feb 1, 1921? You look great for 85 yrs old!

Wow! It's taken me almost and hour to catch up. I guess I need to log in more often.

Oh Goodie. . . Frankie will be on our South America cruises. I just love him, he's so much fun. We've had him as Asst CD on several cruises and have always had a great time when he's on board.:D

Hi Tony,

Sure hope you get to stay in that wonderful suite on the Egypt cruise! We'd lpve to see how the other half lives. Check out Vicki's post to me on wine recommendations. She has been so wonderful helping from her location in Rome. I would like to know what you think of Dubrovnik once you get there.

Keep on having a good time.

Judy(and Bill)

DeBlasio1, thanks for the kind words...I just Love posting these Live from's. Sure, no problem if I am in the Amalfi Suite (which is still not sold btw) for the following cruise we can have a get together in my Suite prior to doing the Overnight...a great idea! BYOB of course!...LOL since I don't know if you would all drink me out of house and home!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Buon giorno Tony,

Thanks for the invite...lol...how ever did you come up with the idea:D If you want to e-mail me directly I can give you my cabin number, so I would be able to contact all my fellow Egyptian Overnighter's. I have a list of all of them. DeBlasio1 at aol dot com.

You are really starting to make me get excited even more about this upcoming trip.

Keep enjoying yourself and that "suite" of yours. Have fun!

Tony. . .forgive me if this has already been asked but, can you find out what is going to be done to the Golden during the dry dock, or is it wet dock, before her Transatlantic crossing?

Stacey

PS Do you know anything about LAN Air based in Santiago?

Wow! It's taken me almost and hour to catch up. I guess I need to log in more often.

Oh Goodie. . . Frankie will be on our South America cruises. I just love him, he's so much fun. We've had him as Asst CD on several cruises and have always had a great time when he's on board.:D

Stacey, Frankie cracks me up all the time with his voice! I really hope they do promote him soon as I think he'd be an excellent CD.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Sure hope you get to stay in that wonderful suite on the Egypt cruise! We'd lpve to see how the other half lives. Check out Vicki's post to me on wine recommendations. She has been so wonderful helping from her location in Rome. I would like to know what you think of Dubrovnik once you get there.

Keep on having a good time.

Judy(and Bill)

Judy, I really hope I get to stay to in that Suite!...I just could live here...(actaully before someone says..YES I almost do Live on a ship anyway).

As for Dubrovnik, this will be my 4th time here by cruise ship. Twice on the Star once on the Grand this past August and now the Golden. If there's anything you would like to know in particular just ask.

Tony

Buon giorno Tony,

Thanks for the invite...lol...how ever did you come up with the idea:D If you want to e-mail me directly I can give you my cabin number, so I would be able to contact all my fellow Egyptian Overnighter's. I have a list of all of them. DeBlasio1 at aol dot com.

You are really starting to make me get excited even more about this upcoming trip.

Keep enjoying yourself and that "suite" of yours. Have fun!

How big is your "Clan"?...Might ahve to rethink this one!...LOL Sure will email you or get your cabin number at the Cruise Critic get together...

Tony

What an absolutely fascinating thread. I think I shall follow you for a while....if you don't mind.

BTW......Lots of luck!

Happy cruising!

Glad you are enjoying it...I am on here until Nov 22nd...enjoy and keep on reading!

Tony

Tony. . .forgive me if this has already been asked but, can you find out what is going to be done to the Golden during the dry dock, or is it wet dock, before her Transatlantic crossing?

Stacey

PS Do you know anything about LAN Air based in Santiago?

Stacey, The Golden will be doing a "WET Dock" in Palermo and yes I will be asking the Staff Captain or Captain probably when I sit next to him at the most travelled luncheon.

Are you asking me reagrding LAN Chile Airlines? Yes, I ahve flown them once from EZE-SCL and they weren't that bad...a Hell of a lot better than Varig let me tell you.

Are you flying them from thru LAX because I know they do have flights?

Tony

We'll good early morning as usual. I got up at 5:45am this morning and headed up to teh Horizon Court got my 3 cups of "sludge" and brought them back down to the Internet Cafe where there is no one in here but ME!

As I pasted the Atrium, the Sous Chefs and Kitchen staff were all setting up Pumpkims that they carved and made a hunge display. Also, the night staff were decorating the entire Atrium with streamers and Halloween decorations. It looks very nice actually and a I will take some pictures later this morning.

Last night I could feel the ships movement after my head fell on that pillow and we are still fistailing a little this morning. Surprisingly there is hardly any vibration at the AFT in that Suite as I remember on the Star Princess when my Mother and I were upgarded to Caribe 750 there was some vibration so maybe being one deck higher makes a difference?...sho knows.

Went and poke my head into the "Office" last night and played a little but no big wins or losses to report thus far. Very nice staff and there are a couple of dealers that have had the opportunity to deal before from the Royal Princess, the Golden last year and the Pacific Princess.

The weather today for Dubrovnik is suppose to be a high of 68 F and sunny. The sun is actually starting to rise and you can see the beautifull coastline I am sure on the Cruise Cam.

I plan on disembarking early when the ship is cleared which should be in 1.5 hours time. Funny thing about Dubrovnik, is when you go ashore you must have photo ID on you all the time such as your passport or drivers license. We did get stopped last time here in August by a policeman...(too bad he wasn't cute!).

Going to go to breakfast in about 45 minutes time.

More to follow later this morning from the Golden Princess and Happy Halloween!

Tony

Alright heading down to the Dinning Room to get some poached eggs and fresh squeezed OJ and jump in the shower and get ready to go ashore thereafter. The weather looks to be very good this morning as I just step out briefly and it's a little cool and crisp but fresh air is always great!

More to follow later this morning from Dubrovnik, Croatia onboard the Golden Princess.

Tony

Stacey, The Golden will be doing a "WET Dock" in Palermo and yes I will be asking the Staff Captain or Captain probably when I sit next to him at the most travelled luncheon.

Are you asking me reagrding LAN Chile Airlines? Yes, I ahve flown them once from EZE-SCL and they weren't that bad...a Hell of a lot better than Varig let me tell you.

Are you flying them from thru LAX because I know they do have flights?

Tony

I'm looking at them for EZE to SFO via LAX. I found a really good Business Class fare. Nice to hear they weren't bad.

Archived