Room Service Breakfast

Maddle

I guess the real question comes down to this: if I would like to have breakfast brought to my room, do I have to tell them the night before, and set a time for delivery? or can I take care of it whenever I wake up, and then just patiently wait?
I think it's best to schedule a time the night before -- knowing how many people they'll need to serve allows the kitchen /wait staff to plan their work accordingly.

If you call in the next morning, you're going to have to wait -- maybe a long time, and that "ties you to your room" -- it'd be rude to leave after having ordered the food, yet it might be some time before they get to you. Personally, I think if you don't schedule it, it's easier just to go to the dining room or the buffet.

My opinion: Room service is perfect for port days, when you're trying to hurry and get your things together and leave the ship. At-sea days are for sleeping in, then going to the dining room for a leisurely breakfast.

I think it's best to schedule a time the night before -- knowing how many people they'll need to serve allows the kitchen /wait staff to plan their work accordingly.

If you call in the next morning, you're going to have to wait -- maybe a long time, and that "ties you to your room" -- it'd be rude to leave after having ordered the food, yet it might be some time before they get to you. Personally, I think if you don't schedule it, it's easier just to go to the dining room or the buffet.

My opinion: Room service is perfect for port days, when you're trying to hurry and get your things together and leave the ship. At-sea days are for sleeping in, then going to the dining room for a leisurely breakfast.

We always put the card on our door before we go to bed the night before.

Works great.

I can not imagine getting out of bed and have to shower, dress and make myself and my daughter presentable without a few cups of coffee first. There is just no way. Even at home, as soon as my hit the floor I racing the the coffee machine. I love relaxing for a bit and waking up with a hot cup of Joe. But when royal caribbean brings it, it is even better. I wait for the call and head to the door. Not only do I have coffee, but some nice danishes to enjoy as well. On days that we know we will be in a hurry, we order hot also...not always the best eggs BUT it always arrives to us nice and hot;) . This will be our first time in a balcony and I am certain I will be hooked after this. We always get Oceanview rooms, which I like, but how can you beat the view from a balcony...and piping hot coffee to boot? I will be in heavan!

Thank you to everyone for the good ideas. Many days I just throw on some shorts and run up and get a mug of coffee for myself, and maybe a roll. I love the idea of the "wake up" call from room service. Breeakfast is much later for me (even at home) whether in the dining room or Buffet.

The bigger regret that I have had by not setting out my request at night is that when I do wake up early, I wish I could call them and say, "please."

Our next cruise is with extended family, and I see myself needing a little breathing space first thing in the morning. I am sure I will be much more pleasant if I have time to sit with coffee for a little while...that I don't have to run up and get.

mj

We had breakfast brought to the room once on the Serenade. We didn't really enjoy it; it wasn't that tasty nor was it that warm. We both thought it seemed they were really trying to encourage us to get out of the cabin and go eat in one of the restaurants (but being night-hawks, we weren't up early enough for breakfast!)

Mind you, when the breakfast was delivered, the person bringing it was hovering about waiting for a gratuity! So be prepared to tip if they bring something to the cabin. If all you want is a coffee....it could be an expensive one!

Just a 'heads up.'

he was hovering around because your supposed to tip them

We used the room service for coffee. I like my coffee when my feet hit the floor, so I put out the card and wrote "carafe" of coffee on it and 2 cups and I usually put the time for 6:30 or 6:45. They will call you 5 min. before and tell you that your coffee is on its way.

Then after I woke up and got dressed we went to the Windjammer for breakfast.

I never thought of asking for a karafe. So they bring it to you?

One thing to remember if you don't know already...you can order most anything even if it is not on the menu. Just write it in and if they can accomodate you they will. We've done it many times. The thing I like about roomservice is they call first to let you know the delivery is on the way. At least that happened on the Exp last month.

Archived