Room Service Breakfast

Maddle

Everynight I see the breakfast menu to put outside my cabin doorway, and I can't bear the thought of someone knocking on my door. I am so tired as I slep into bed, I can''t pick a time for the room service delivery.

The next morning, I wake up, and wish some nice person was bringing me a cup of coffee, and maybe a roll. Can I just call them up? or is it too late at that point?

i enjoyed room service on my cruise. our first RCCL cruise isnt until March, so I don't know how they are, but on Carnival, the gourmet breakfast dishes (eggs benedict, etc) were served only in the main dining room. continental breakfast is delivered to your room though.

i always knew that if i didn't have something delivered, i would sleep too long! i wanted to be up by at least 9:00 am each morning to take in the beautiful sun and eat breakfast! but i guess you will learn as you go! i would suggest eating breakfast in the main dining room if you can but if you want to eat in your room, room service is a wonderful alternative.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have had the dining room breakfasts and the buffet breakfasts, and I have even run up to the buffet and brought my own coffee back to the room. Every one of those choices is a lot of enjoyment for me.

I guess the real question comes down to this: if I would like to have breakfast brought to my room, do I have to tell them the night before, and set a time for delivery? or can I take care of it whenever I wake up, and then just patiently wait?

thanks - Maddle

We had breakfast brought to the room once on the Serenade. We didn't really enjoy it; it wasn't that tasty nor was it that warm. We both thought it seemed they were really trying to encourage us to get out of the cabin and go eat in one of the restaurants (but being night-hawks, we weren't up early enough for breakfast!)

Mind you, when the breakfast was delivered, the person bringing it was hovering about waiting for a gratuity! So be prepared to tip if they bring something to the cabin. If all you want is a coffee....it could be an expensive one!

Just a 'heads up.'

We, too, prefer the dining room. It's too much like "fast food", in that you have to basically serve yourself on a small table with plates and cups and little packets of stuff from room service. Just get dressed and head to the dining room, where you'll be served like a king! (Oh, if you do put out a room service slip, they will call your room right before they bring it, so you are ready for them!)

I am not a fan of the room service breakfast, but my mom is. She had done both, ordering in the morning and the night before. She usually orders in the morning that first morning on ship, since she doesn't know what kind of hours she will be keeping. Usually, that day gives her a good gauge of what time she will wake up the rest of the week and then orders the night before. She is a very early riser, so that may also make a difference why it didn't take so long to get her breakfast the days she ordered same morning.

Her favorite thing to do is eat out on the balcony while the ship is pulling into port.

We used the room service for coffee. I like my coffee when my feet hit the floor, so I put out the card and wrote "carafe" of coffee on it and 2 cups and I usually put the time for 6:30 or 6:45. They will call you 5 min. before and tell you that your coffee is on its way.

Then after I woke up and got dressed we went to the Windjammer for breakfast.

Room service coffee is a must for us every morning! We usually know what time we want to be up the next day, so we put the order out the night before.

We use the room service "we are on our way" call as our alarm clock.

We never order anything hot to eat, just a plate of breakfast breads to nibble on while we get ready.

We eat in the windjammer or dining room after that.

You can order your room service any time you wish after you wake up, but like someone already said, it will take a long time because I believe they do the pre-orders first.

It is very nice to have coffee delivered and sit on the balcony and enjoy the sunrise and the ship pulling into port. Then we go down to the dining room and have breakfast unless we are getting out early for an excursion. In that case we go to the buffet and grab something as quick as possible.

I never manage to make it to the dining room, so it's nice to have breakfast delivered to the cabin. It might not be hottest, but you can't beat kicking back on the balcony with coffee and something little to eat to start the day.

If it is a port day and we will be getting up early to go ashore we put the tag on the door. If it is a sea day and we want to sleep in a little then we call that morning. Usually we only get coffee, juice and sit out on our balcony and enjoy. Head off to the windjammer for breakfast after we get dressed.

Such a nice way to start the day. Even when we call we only wait 15 min or so.

Bev

When I was on Freedom in June I would wake up at around 7:30 or 8 call for breakfast for 4, Ham and cheese omelete, coffee,toast rolls. They would be there in 15 or 20 min and it was hotttt. I always tip 5 or 6 dollars so maybe that is why. It was great.

So be prepared to tip if they bring something to the cabin.
I can't imagine anyone would think otherwise....

Breakfast from room service. Ahhhh, one of our greatest pleasures. The preparatory phone call, the tap on the door a few minutes later. Wish I could get that at home!

We are big fans of room service breakfast also. We love being awakened by the phone call and then have hot coffee and sweet rolls on the balcony. It has become a ritual for us. Can't imagine not doing this! We have been lucky to get some really good cheese omelets delivered. Just remember, you have to ask for whatever condiments you use. They don't put a lot of extras on the tray unless you ask and we always order 2 POTS of coffee.

Room service coffee is a must for us every morning! We usually know what time we want to be up the next day, so we put the order out the night before.

We use the room service "we are on our way" call as our alarm clock.

We never order anything hot to eat, just a plate of breakfast breads to nibble on while we get ready.

We eat in the windjammer or dining room after that.

You can order your room service any time you wish after you wake up, but like someone already said, it will take a long time because I believe they do the pre-orders first.

We had coffee, tea and danish delivered to our room every morning on our last cruise. We also used the "we're on our way call" as our alarm clock! We would sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of pulling into port, and it's nice to have coffee/tea in the room while we're up getting ready to go to breakfast.

I really wish I didn't have to wait 7 months for our next cruise. Once the holidays are finished, it will go by fast, right?

Enjoy your cruise!

One thing I missed on RC vs. Disney was the coffee service. The coffee tasted better on RC, but on Disney it was delivered in an insulated thermal carafe so I ordered it the night before, and kept it sealed. In the morning I got my piping hot coffee while everyone else slept in...no phone call or knock on the door to wake anyone else up.

But I never ordered it from the door tag. I just called and it was delivered quickly.

Nothing better than room service breakfast on the balcony as the ship pulls into port....Have always found the coffee to be hot but granted cruise ship coffee isn't the best. They will bring almost anything you order even if it isn't on the pre-printed breakfast menu.... We generally ask for French Toast (which my DW says is the best she has ever had) and Eggs Benedict. As you can see from the photo (click on to enlarge) we are big breakfast eaters -- only when on vacation! thumb0.webshots.net

We had coffee, tea and danish delivered to our room every morning on our last cruise. We also used the "we're on our way call" as our alarm clock! We would sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of pulling into port, and it's nice to have coffee/tea in the room while we're up getting ready to go to breakfast.

This is exactly what we did..... there is nothing like sitting on your balcony having coffee/danish in your jammies :D Then we would get dressed and head onshore.

Archived