If I was on a ship right now ...

old faithful

I'd be on the Jewel, anywhere in the world she happens to be at the moment, looking to tease a couple of the CD's staff we met on our last trip (Transatlantic April/May 2006) and of course having a martini, or two, or three with Candy the bartender down at the Martini Bar.

"Sorry about the inside cabin".....I'll take an inside and 2 or more cruises in the year to anything else and only cruising once a year or even less!!!......

In 12 days I'll see what all the "hype" is about on NCL. I'm so looking forward to spending this hour; this second; right now; doing absolutely, positively, unequivocally NOTHING......................

Staring into space; on deck; smelling salt air and eating until my heart and tummy is content!

Am I there yet?

At 1:30AM, my DW & I will probably be walking the deck, sipping the preferred drink of the day, enjoying (hopefully) a full moon, and talking about how fortunate we are to be where we are and enjoying each other in the Caribbean on this beautiful ship.

Life gets better every day.

"If it's Saturday, it must be Roatan"!!!!

It's 7:40 am on the Dawn. DH is still sleeping. I'm drinking my cup of Folger's coffee on the balcony, gazing at sea and sky.

20-21 more minutes and the butler will ring the doorbell with breakfast.

Ahhhhh...does it get much better than this????

At 11pm, I would be walking the entire ship, all dressed up, making a stop on every bar, enjoying the Soda Sticker on my card, watching people walking by me and with me. Smiling, and going outside, staring at the ocean, watching the waves as they hit the ship. Enjoying the cool Caribbean breeze.

Reaching for my pocket, getting the iPod and playing some of the greatest albums ever made. Joan Sebastian Bach, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Keith Emerson, Rick Wakeman, Miles Davis, Lennon/McCartney, Townshend, etc.

Going back inside after about an hour of different and beautiful tunes. And getting ready to visit a country never visited before, excited about buying a flag on the souvenir shop, a little Belize flag that I will later put on my car, and then I can look at that same flag, and reminise about this beatiful evening.

If I were on a ship right now....Oh, wait, I am:D :D .

I'd be sitting at the internet cafe, checking in with my kids, and glancing at cruise critic really quickly. At the moment, I'm swaying side to side -- it's been pretty rocky ever since we left Miami, but the seas have calmed down from "rough" to "moderatere".

Check in with everyone later.

Archived