Ranchers eggs with spicey chili beef in a quesadilla

2nd:

Dutch style apple pancakes

Zucchini French toast

Sausage & Gravy on a bisquit with 2 fried eggs & new red potatoes

3rd:

Peach & walnut pancakes

Granola crusted French toast

Breakfast burrito - rolled flour tortilla with egg omele, link sausage, shredded cheese & gaucamole, salsa and sour cream

4th:

Strawberry pancakes

Banana French toast

Steak & eggs -- 6 ounce sirlion steak with country style roasted potatoes, grilled tomato (got 1/2 of a tomato) & fried eggs (actually got only 1 egg) - DH said the steak was better than the ones at dinner.

5th:

Chocolate chip pancakes -- actually only sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top of regular pancakes. Last year when I had them on the Volendam, they had the chocolates mixed in with th batter -- much better this way.

Vanilla French toast

Scottish eggs Bendict -- toasted Bap bun toped with sliced smoked salmon, poached egg & topped with chive hollandaise -- DH loved this -- remember to ask for 2 as they only give 1 serving.

6th:

Banana pancakes

Cinnamon swirl French toast

Texas chicken fajitas - tender sauteed chicken strips with bell peppers and onion on roasted red potatoes & topped with a two egg frittata and cheddar cheese

7th:

Lemon pancakes

Raisin bread French toast

Stuffed baked potato -- filled with scrambled eggs and topped with scallion, bacon bits, and link sausage. All they did here was give you a half of a baked potato left over from the previous evening (didn't scoop out anything), reheated it and put a dab of everything on top.

8th:

Lemon pancakes

Nut bread French toast

Scrambled wrap -- sun dried tomato flour tortilla rolled with scrambled eggs and ham, breakfast potaoes -- have no idea what is different about them -- they looked the same as the roasted new red potatoes.

9th:

Assorted berries pancakes

Lemon and poppy seed bread French Toast

Eggs Massina -- English muffin, artichoke bottom, nacho cheese sauce, poached eggs, cut mushrooms, grilled tomato

I think I gained five pounds just reading this. Some of those specials sound amazingly Yum. I know we definitely better stay with our Room Service breakfast or I'll be tempted beyond my will power limits if we go to Lido. How does one resist all that every day?

Thanks for posting. Wonderful!!!

Agree with Sail, I couldn`t stop drooling! They sound amazing, especially the Scottish eggs Benedict.....oh my! We always have room service for b/fast, but I think I`m going to sneak out a couple of times. Thanks Yonnie for posting this............jean:cool:

On the Maasdam, we had breakfast most mornings in the dining room and there were always specials, but many days our table did not have the little card with the specials listed and I had to request it--could that be what happened on the Volendam? I did notice one day the specials (at least the omelet and one of the french toasts) was the SAME in the Lido and the dining room (I had gone up to the Lido to fill my water bottle still during breakfast hours)

That's so sad they stopped on that ship:(

I'm making scottish eggs benedict for Christmas brunch this year--I LOVED that breakfast special (and I love smoked salmon & always serve it over the holidays anyway...)

Where are you going to get your Baps from? or do you bake your own? I remember my summers at my grannys house in Edinburgh, and having the wonderful warm baps for b/fast...........jean:cool:

I'll make my own, and if the baps don't turn out, I'll use english muffins (I think the eggs I had on Maasdam were served with english muffins--I don't remember special rolls, or, rolls any different than the regular eggs benedict I had on other mornings...)

Archived