Passport AND BirthCertificate?

gooselover

We have always cruised with our passports and have never even been asked for a drivers license. Infact, I don't even take mine with me.

Many times when we have returned from port they will ask for a picture id along with your seapass card and the cruiseline had signs that you should bring your picture id with you when you got off.

We have always cruised with our passports and have never even been asked for a drivers license. Infact, I don't even take mine with me.

I do take my driver's license with me but I only used my passport. I've never been asked for any other ID than my passport and as my picture is on it, I don't know why someone would ask for another photo ID. When we would get back on the ship from the port, they would only ask for our seapass card and put our seapass in slot and our picture came up using the sea pass card so they could see it was us. Our photo's were taken originally when we embarked. :)

There are several ports.....Nassau ,for one,that require you to have you photo ID as you head back to the ship(going thru the port security area)................like happyKS,I dont want to carry my passport around with me............

Funny, I always thought a passport was a photo ID. If yoiu have a passport you do not need to take your BC or your DL with you, but I'd take your DL along for the ride anyway.

For those that don't take you passport with you into a foriegn country, I just hope the ship never leaves without you. There are so many things that could interfere with your ability to get to the ship on time that I always take my passport and a couple of credit cards with me. While it is rare that it could happen, to think that it couldn't happen to you is foolish.

Funny, I always thought a passport was a photo ID. .

No one said it wasnt.............we said it was.............its just a matter of choice...............if you want to carry your passport around with you at each port,feel free..............to me,its easier to have my DL........(while i do use my passport for embarkation and immigration........

We were just in San Juan and they were telling you before you got off the ship to make sure that you had your seapass PLUS photo ID to get back on the ship. It was easier to bring our DL than our Passport.....we left them in the safe on the ship. Although I do bring a photocopy of our passports in my beach bag each time we leave the ship.....just in case!

No one said it wasnt.............we said it was.............its just a matter of choice...............if you want to carry your passport around with you at each port,feel free..............to me,its easier to have my DL........(while i do use my passport for embarkation and immigration........

No problem. I agree the DL is easier to carry. It's just more difficult to get back into the country if something happens and you miss the ship. I'd almost bet that 99% of those that get left behind aren't missing the ship on purpose. Odd things happen and people miss the ship. Watches stop, people have a little to much of a good time, traffic gets backed up or accidents happen. In those cases, a DL won't be of much use to you were as a passport and a couple of credit cards will make a bad situation more tolerable.

Archived