Taxis at SanDiego Port..question

luvtravel

We have an 11:05 flight out of San Diego on the day our cruise gets back into port.....we have not booked the shuttle with the cruiseline because we understand that the airport is pretty close. However, does anyone know if we can assume we'd be off the ship by at least 8:30 or 9am and are there lots of taxis for all of us disembarking passengers.....or is paying for the cruise line's transportation the way to go. Appreciate any info I can get on this. Thanks!!

We have typically been at the airport by 8:45. You can wait for a taxi or just wheel your stuff out past security and grab one-easiest pier to airport travel I have seen. DO NOT use the HAL service. Taxi is about $10 including tip.

Gary

By all means take a taxi from the ship to the airport. On our recent Zaandam cruise, we left the ship at 9:15 am and were through security at the airport by 9:45 am! Finding our luggage took no time and a taxi was immediately available. Fare with tipo was $12.

We have typically been at the airport by 8:45. You can wait for a taxi or just wheel your stuff out past security and grab one-easiest pier to airport travel I have seen. DO NOT use the HAL service. Taxi is about $10 including tip.

Gary

Gary,

So are you saying there will be taxis inside the gates by the terminal?

Archived