Mexico Cruises Less Formal?

luvtravel

We're taking a 7 day cruise to Mexico in January 07 and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the cruises to Mexico are less formal in dress (women's attire mainly; men (lucky things) can usually take a dark suit which will do in any situation) since the weather should be quite warm and the ports seem very casual. On the website, the cruise is actually described as casual. I'm not sure when the formal nights occur, but am wondering what have you experienced. Trying to limit my luggage.....and know what to expect will help greatly. Thanks everyone!

On HAL, there is a certain format which you have to abide by, Formal, Semi Formal, Casual....some people frown upon those who don't. If your mate doesn't have a tux, i'm sure that a dark suit would do just fine, as long as he's not in jeans....that's a big no, no. Happy sailing......

Caribbean Islands are all warm weather ports and dress code applies as listed in Know Before You Go and on HAL's website. I think you should expect to have two formal nights on a seven day cruise, one informal and the remainder casual.

Hope you have a great cruise.

I've been on the Mexican Riviera itinerary a couple of times and didn't notice any difference in formality/informality between that or any other itinerary. There's a case that could be made for almost any itinerary, from Hawaiian shirts to Bermuda shorts. The dress code for the evening is the same regardless of the itinerary.

Archived