Yikes! My eyebrows are still pink!

lovebug33

I got my eyebrows waxed last yesterday and they are still pink! Is there anything you can do for this? I am not going on my cruise for a month, but I was thinking of doing it before my cruise. How long is it going to take to get back to normal? TIA!

For my last cruise, I had my eyebrows done about 10 days before sailing. My eyebrows were still pink on sailing date! It took a good two weeks for the redness to go away. All my friends thought it was hilarious. My stylist says it all depends on how sensitive your skin is. In my case, my eybrows are too sensitive for waxing. I'm back to the old fashioned way-plucking.

So what color were your eyebrows before they turned pink? I don't understand how having them waxed would make them change color. I have mine done on a regular basis, and every so often the skin may get a bit sensitive, but eyebrows have never changed color on me. Thanks.

Hope it all clears up before your cruise.

Annieeee

Wow, it sounds like the wax was too hot and you received a minor burn.

1. I'd call the salon where you had them waxed, tell them what has happened, then ask if they have any soothing cream they could give you.

2. If you have an aloe plant, snap off a leaf and use the lotion on your pink parts.

3. If you have any "after-sun" lotion, apply it liberally over your brow area.

Next time, I'd have the brows waxed a few days before leaving, just to make sure the same doesn't occur. Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

lovebug, don't mean to be mean; but I bet it is kind of giggly to see a pink shadow around your eyebrows right now......sorry, Hon! Don't worry though....bet it clears up a good 2 weeks from now before your cruise.

I am an old lady and have never really tried the waxing thing with my eyebrows....probably should; but my tweezers do the job for me.

It sounds like the wax they used was too hot, or the wrong kind of wax for your skin. There are different kinds, one uses muslin strips and the other is peeled off. Let them know, especially if you plan on ever getting them waxed again.

My skin is extremely sensitive, I get my eyebrows waxed at least once a month and have never had the skin stay pink longer than an hour or two. Once in a while, I may have a small spot the next day.

They use the kind that peels off on me, never the muslin strips.

if it is a burn, and that is what it sounds like to me, this is what has worked for me. My skin is really sensitive and my eyebrows are really pink afterwards for a few days... this is what works;)

get some aloe vera gel. 100% aloe, not fake stuff. apply it a few times a day. Also, corrective green make up will camoflauge the pinkness. Physicials formula makes a nice green make up, dab it on as a concealer then apply your normal foundation.

hope this helps! Keep us updated:)

Have ya all every tried the "thread method" instead of waxing? I've never used either . . . nor have I had to pluck my eyebrows in years . . . I envy ya all . . . my eyebrows are nearly non existant and what I do have is so fine and thin (and now gray) . . . if I didn't use brow powder, I'd look pretty scary. Anyway, about the "thread method" . . . the gals where I get my nails done are all from Turkey and only use that method to remove hair around the eyebrows, upper lip and anywhere else one might have unwanted hair on their face. It must be pretty good because they were listed as one of the best salons in the Washington, D.C. area.

For the poster who wondered why my eyebrows turned pink, I misspoke. It's the skin around my eyebrows. My students all noticed today, it was so pink! I think I will only pluck my eyebrows, not wax from now on! Good thing is, I had my mustache removed, too. That would be worse if it was pink (my glasses hide a lot of the eyebrow issue). Thanks for your suggestions, I am going to go put aloe on now!

Try having your eyebrows threaded. I don't have any facial hair and probably pluck about 5 eyebrows total.....however, all my girlfriends use the threading method and it's much better than wax.

I'm sure your skin will go back to it's normal color in a few days, but the place you went to used wax that is too hot and they burned you.

Try rubbing some aloha lotion on them for the first 3-4 days after.

They are suppose to do this anyway after each wax! Hope this helps, mine are always sensitive for a day or so but I have been having mine done for years.

I have never had luck with salon waxes. The wax is too hot, they get the eyebrows too thin, etc. The final straw was an infection I got from a poorly performed Brazilain (she broke the skin in several places and seeing that it is "communal" wax, there was bacteria).

So, I promptly went out and purchased my own wax warmer, wax, strips, sticks and after-wax lotion. I've never had a problem since I started doing my own waxing. My eyebrows are more to my personal taste and (since I tend to have very dark facial hair) I can wax them, along with my lip, my chin and my sideburns (yes, sideburns) biweekly. It is far more convenient that way. Also, I control the wax temperature for my needs not the needs of other clients. Finally, I don't break my own skin!:D

ETA: It is also cheaper. The initial investment was about $70.00...the cost of one Brazilain wax. I've only had to buy more muslin (I buy the roll, now, rather than the strips) twice (about $12.00 per roll) in the last year and so I'm up to about $82.00. This would have only been less than two months of my salon waxing budget.

What is eyebrow threading? I have never hear of it.

Not sure I can explain it but the girls put a spool of thread in their pocket (I'm sure it's some kind of special thread) then they wrap the thread around two fingers and sort of spin it and as they go over the area where you want the hair removed, I guess it pulls the hair out. Never having had it done, I don't know what it feels like but it's very popular in certain salons. And those that I have talked to that have used both the wax and the thread . . . most all swear by the thread method.

I got my eyebrows waxed last yesterday and they are still pink! Is there anything you can do for this? I am not going on my cruise for a month, but I was thinking of doing it before my cruise. How long is it going to take to get back to normal? TIA!

Would icing the area help?

If your skin is pink (not red, shiny, or blistering) you might have had an allergic reaction. I'm allergic to some waxes. All I have to do to help with the swelling and pink coloring is to ask the person to apply some cortisone (spelling?) to the area once he is done with the waxing. This always helps and my pinkness and swelling is gone in approximately 20 min. The cortisone helps anyone. I always make it a point to ask for it no matter what.

Archived