What Is Quest?

Hi: This is my first post. I'm going on my 17th cruise Dec. 11th on RCCL Monarch of the Seas.

I've seen a lot of good feedback on Quest. Can you all tell me about it?

Also I would love more info on Jade. Is it ala carte or buffet? Prices? Did you like it? If so, what were your favorite dishes?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi: This is my first post. I'm going on my 17th cruise Dec. 11th on RCCL Monarch of the Seas.

I've seen a lot of good feedback on Quest. Can you all tell me about it?

Also I would love more info on Jade. Is it ala carte or buffet? Prices? Did you like it? If so, what were your favorite dishes?

Thanks so much in advance.

I haven't been on the Monarch yet (not until May), but I know that Jade is by the piece, and most people have said that it is good and fairly priced.

Quest is an adult scavenger hunt. Go, participate or watch, but go. If you are easily offended or don't have a good sense of humor about the foibles of the human race, don't go. :)

ourladyofrevlon,

The Quest is a Scavenger Hunt for Adults. I've never made it, however, I've heard great things about it also.

The Jade is part of The Windjammer. It is just buffet style Asian food. Very good! All food is included in the purchase of your cruise with exception of the 2 specialty restaurants onboard, Portifino's and Chops. Each are a $20pp cover which includes apps to desserts. Portifino's is Italian and Chops' specialty is steaks. I make sure never to miss either when we sail with Royal Caribbean.

Welcome to cruisecritic.com, you will find a wealth of information here...Enjoy!

Recently returned from my 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise and this time I made it to Quest...... it starts at 10:30 pm in one of the larger lounges and is for adults only...... it is a scavenger hunt that will have you rolling on the floor laughing...... any more info and it will spoil it for you.

If you find it is hard for you to stay up that late..... with all the other stuff going on - suggest taking a short afternoon nap so you can make it :D

It's even better than the Love and Marriage game !!

The Jade is part of The Windjammer. It is just buffet style Asian food. Very good! All food is included in the purchase of your cruise with exception of the 2 specialty restaurants onboard, Portifino's and Chops. Each are a $20pp cover which includes apps to desserts. Portifino's is Italian and Chops' specialty is steaks. I make sure never to miss either when we sail with Royal Caribbean.

Actually, on the Monarch, Jade is a specialty restaurant (which is different than on the other ships), behind the Windjammer. There is a menu of various rolls and other sushi pieces, and each costs between $2 and $6 or so. It's very good and much cheaper than any of the sushi restaurants here in "the real world." We have late seating for dinner, and find that a couple of rolls at Jade tides us over until dinner. If you like sushi, give it a try. :)

I stand corrected. :o

That was embarrassing! :o

Your answer is correct for the majority of the RCI ships. However, since the Monarch is my "home ship," I just have a bit more info than you. On the other hand, I've never been on the Mariner, so I'll defer to you for those questions. :) Cheers!

PS: Have a great time on the Freedom! Jade is part of the Windjammer, there!

I'm cruising in March with 4 longtime fun girlfriends to celebrate a special birthday for 4 of us. We are leaving the hubbys home. Is Quest more for couples, or does it not matter?

From what I saw on the Quest on Empress, sex should not matter, and I think, an all women group might have an advantage, but I really can't say anymore!:D

Quest, as everyone puts it, is an Adult Scavenger Hunt Game. If you have never been before, perhaps you should go to see what it is all about.

I went to Quest on the Voyager of the Seas but that being said, don't think I would go again. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but once I had seen it once I didn't feel the need to see it again. The only downside to the game is that people attend the game now with all the props needed. Takes the fun out of it. And for what, a RC Mug!

Enjoy your cruise.

The only downside to the game is that people attend the game now with all the props needed. Takes the fun out of it. And for what, a RC Mug!

On my last couple of cruises, the CD announced that they were going to ask for entirely different items and, therefore, those with goodie bags were out of luck. On the Freedom, Ken Rush "liberated" the goodie bags from some of the folks who came prepared. It makes the game so much more fun, that way! :D

hey there,

QUEST is harmless and funny. some people on here act like they have never seen a grown man in his boxers and a pair of high heels before:confused: ...i say go and enjoy a good laugh. live it up!

i have pics if anyone cares to view...hilarious stuff:eek: ! and very tame...just silly.:D

Quest is for 18 and older due to some of its content.

However there is no nudity.

But of lot of wild fun.

The most fun you'll have in about 2 hours.

And you will need to have tickets (free of course) to get in.

The dates and times to pick them up will be noted in your Compass newsletters.

As a previous winner of Quest I would like to share what insights I have

And depending on the cruise they card at the door. They did on my Monarch cruise.

Ummm, this is not entirely true, at least it wasn't on my Monarch cruise, and a few others.:D

But of lot of wild fun.

Most definitely fun and lots of it!!

I've never been on a cruise where tickets were required for Quest. You do need to get there early and try and get a seat as close to the front as possible.

I'm cruising in March with 4 longtime fun girlfriends to celebrate a special birthday for 4 of us. We are leaving the hubbys home. Is Quest more for couples, or does it not matter?

It doesn't matter. I'm single and always go even when sailing solo. You really do need at least one member of each sex on your team BUT this is where you just look around the room and invite people to join your team. Usually the teams can have around 8 people in them so just ask people to join you. On Voyager class and Freedom class the teams are much larger and are actually determined by sections of the room.

But of lot of wild fun.

HUH????:confused: :confused: :confused:

But of lot of wild fun.

Wrong............ You dont need tickets to go to Quest, Never.:rolleyes:

How refreshing this thread is and it is all down to the people who are posting on it, doing what the forum is supposed to do and that is helping out other members. I looked into this thread because in the past when I saw the quest come up I said oh no here we go again with insults and nasty remarks etc. flaming people for telling about it when it is supposed to be a secret. Great to see common sense at last. And please, this is not meant to stir up trouble. Please keep the thread informitive and if you cant look into another one. THANKS

Archived