Are sandles and/or crocs acceptable in dining rooms?

carlielyn

I would quess sneakers wouldn't be, right? We are leaving tomorrow for the Dawn and my hubby is going to wear khakis and sneakers. Would this be ok to start the cruise with? When it's warmer are nice sandles or crocs ok?

Thank you in advance for ALL of your help!!

I have learned so much here over the past year preparing for our 1st cruise. I am grateful to all of you.

Nice sandals are fine as long they look good and aren't too casual. I would vote "no" on the crocs. But I wouldn't be caught dead in them.

Me either:eek: ugliest things that I have ever seen...and the colors:eek: Not good with anything, IMO.;)

Thank you so much everyone for all the replies!! My husband will be very happy to hear he can wear his sneakers.

I agree Crocs aren't the nicest looking footwear but they are SOOOOO comfy and don't look to bad when they're in black. I love them and Tevas. They make walking for miles a breeze.:D

CROCS: http://www.crocs.com/home.jsp I agree with others, U-G-L-Y, but I understand they are comfortable.

I consider myself to be somewhat saavy in the world of fashion....afterall I work in Manhattan and you see everything every day of the week. But I'll be da*ned if I tell you I have never ever seen these crocs :eek: . I hope they're comfortable because they sure do need some redeeming quality...something like having a real ugly junkyard dog as a pet but he/she is a good watch dog!

Ciao,

W A W W

I consider myself to be somewhat saavy in the world of fashion....afterall I work in Manhattan and you see everything every day of the week. But I'll be da*ned if I tell you I have never ever seen these crocs :eek: . I hope they're comfortable because they sure do need some redeeming quality...something like having a real ugly junkyard dog as a pet but he/she is a good watch dog!

Ciao,

W A W W

:D I tried them on one time and I found them VERY uncomfortable:o I know that sales are brisk but I don`t know to whom:rolleyes: I doubt if you would see them in Manhattan (unless it is summer and they just came back from Long Island:D )

I know that sales are brisk but I don`t know to whom:rolleyes: I doubt if you would see them in Manhattan (unless it is summer and they just came back from Long Island:D )

Thanks for giving me a good guffaw...I gotta tell you though...I don't recall seeing them out here on Lawngiland either.

Who is wearing these shoes? And how did Monte find that site? I find this all very intriguing :D :D :D!!!!

Well...I better stop here or else the Croc Police will start complaining about my post, etc., etc.

Ciao for now,

W A W W

Just stepped off the Dream this morning and there were crocs onboard everywhere. I don't recall at dinner...but no one really makes a big fuss about attire so long as it's not too distracting. Have a great cruise.

Who is wearing these shoes? And how did Monte find that site? I find this all very intriguing :D :D :D!!!!

I use google.com & ask.com for a lot of things! Just used "crocs" as my search term, not intriguing at all. And having worked at a University for 25 years, I've seen those shoes a lot.

-Monte

I have a pair that a friend gave me, and they're really convenient, but I agree they aren't particularly attractive. We learned about them when my husband did some site work for a hospital and all the nurses were wearing them. Apparently they're very comfortable and supportive if you have to be on your feet for long periods of time.

Oh... and in keeping with the thread, I believe any shoes that are clean and in good shape should be acceptable, whether or not you're making a fashion faux pas!!

WHY can't people dress anymore???? Crocs or whatever they are called are the uglies thing ever happened as well as sandals! Especially people with the ugliest feet wear shoes like that...try to have dinner!

Sandals are for the beach or pool, but thats it!

Ladies put out the Manolos and Gents the Ferrangamos!

And please get Pedicures before you put out your feet in public:eek: !!!!

WHY can't people dress anymore???? Crocs or whatever they are called are the uglies thing ever happened as well as sandals! Especially people with the ugliest feet wear shoes like that...try to have dinner!

Sandals are for the beach or pool, but thats it!

Ladies put out the Manolos and Gents the Ferrangamos!

And please get Pedicures before you put out your feet in public:eek: !!!!

I think you're on the wrong cruiseline. lol

I do have my pedicure and I'm ready to go!! I'll probably be wearing my black Teva's to dinner. The Croc's will probably be just for a quick slip on in the mornings. I'm not a heel or Minola type girl. I can't walk good in heels. Heck sometimes I have a hard time in sandles. I'm a bit clumsy!! haha!! This is why I chose NCL when I was doing my cruise searching. I liked the whole Freestyle concept. My husband & my sandles and sneakers and toes are squeaky clean and presentable. I didn't mean to start a ruckus.:D

I didn't mean to start a ruckus.:D

Don't worry about it. Only one person really seems to mind (although many seem to think they're ugly ;) ) & I wouldn't call that a ruckus. I think most of us would be watching our food, instead of your feet anyway LOL

Have a great cruise.

-Monte

Freestyle doesn't mean sloppy or disgusting! It means feel comfortible, but as well doesn't mean too comfi to shock the other Guests off!

I also wear sandals (at the pool) even sneakers to dinner (sometimes), but still we are not at McDonalds or the Pigly Wigly, it is still a 5*cruise ship!

Archived