Are sandles and/or crocs acceptable in dining rooms?

carlielyn

I for one never thought Freestyle meant sloppy or disgusting sneakerstud. My husband and I are business professionals and we know how to dress and how to present ourselves. We would never think of wearing dirty sneakers or flip flops to dinner. I simply wanted to know if nice sneakers and or sandals were ok. We want to do the right thing. I'm sorry if my question offended you. I will be much more careful with my postings in the future. I think from now on I will stick to lurking.:D

I'm not offended by you...sorry, if it came over that way! You will not belive though, what you going to see from some cruisers. Dirty long half broken foot nails, sloppy dressed, stinking, dirty clothes...that is not the meaning of Freestyle! I love sneakers and wear them even with a suit (sometimes) to shock people...he he he, but if I have to fly a 16 hours flight and after heavy eating and drinking, the feet up there getting into the doule size so the regular shoes do not fit anymore! Back to the ship...I have seen people, where you do not want to eat anymore, because they are so disgusting!

Your husband will be totally fine wearing sneakers and you sandals for dinner!!!

I for one never thought Freestyle meant sloppy or disgusting sneakerstud. My husband and I are business professionals and we know how to dress and how to present ourselves. We would never think of wearing dirty sneakers or flip flops to dinner. I simply wanted to know if nice sneakers and or sandals were ok. We want to do the right thing. I'm sorry if my question offended you. I will be much more careful with my postings in the future. I think from now on I will stick to lurking.:D

You should feel free to post away. Don't worry about one or two individuals. There's always going to be someone who doesn't agree with a particular opinion, or who takes a question and co-opts it for their own agenda.

As for your original question, I have never seen or heard of a policy regarding footwear on NCL. The only prohibition is against bare feet in the dining rooms.

I was a big skeptic but was given a pair by a friend and I am hooked... HOWEVER, I wear them in my home only, I feel silly wearing them outside my house, although the teens get away with it...... I'm not even bringing mine for the beach.

However, I expect to see them everywhere on my upcoming cruise, I see them everywhere now.

I choose freestyle cruising to avoid the Manolo bit.... I bring mostly a casual and business casual wardrobe, and I definitely wear sandals - walking sandals in the day and dressy ones at night....

As for pedicures, I wouldn't go on a cruise without one, and if I run out of time before I get on the ship, I'll be at the spa first thing.......but the next person's feet do not bother me one little bit.... whatever works for them (as long as it is clean) is just fine with me ........... the next person's garb doesn't spoil my holiday in the least....

I defenitely would prefer Manolo's (Gucci and Prada is fine, too) before children! The shoes you have for a livetime, the childrem run away from you one day! LOL AND they are not talking back!!!

Sure pack more clothes with your crocks...LOL...they are complimenting every outfit extra...hahahahahahahahaha!!!

If it's a Piggly or Winn Something...I don't know!!! I fly across the atlantic and shop in Europe!

My two pairs of crocs came with me on the cruise. The regular ones -- with the holes in the top -- I wore more during the day for beach shoes and around the decks where it might be slippery. They're navy blue and don't look too bad with jeans. My black ones, which have no holes in the top (I forget the model) I DID wear to the dining rooms. They don't look that much different from regular clogs.

To those of you who think they're ugly and wouldn't be caught dead in them -- tough luck. Those of us who have trouble with our feet have become big fans. My feet are wide, with a very high instep, and I have serious trouble finding shoes that fit. These are probably the most comfortable shoes I've had in 20 years, and if everybody else hates them it's too bad. I'm a much happier person when my feet don't hurt, so I choose to wear them even if they're not much of a "fashion statement".

My two pairs of crocs came with me on the cruise. The regular ones -- with the holes in the top -- I wore more during the day for beach shoes and around the decks where it might be slippery. They're navy blue and don't look too bad with jeans. My black ones, which have no holes in the top (I forget the model) I DID wear to the dining rooms. They don't look that much different from regular clogs.

To those of you who think they're ugly and wouldn't be caught dead in them -- tough luck. Those of us who have trouble with our feet have become big fans. My feet are wide, with a very high instep, and I have serious trouble finding shoes that fit. These are probably the most comfortable shoes I've had in 20 years, and if everybody else hates them it's too bad. I'm a much happier person when my feet don't hurt, so I choose to wear them even if they're not much of a "fashion statement".

I have bad feet, and am going to order some, I will probably stick with black or brown, so that they won't stand out too bad, I also see that they make flip flops that I will probably buy for casual day use. I doubt that I would order bright green though:eek:.

MAC

My husband and I both love Crocs. We wore them snorkeling on our cruise in Tahiti last March. On one of the islands we did a snorkel through a coral garden where you needed some protection on your feet but fins would have damaged the coral too much and you didn't need fins due to the current, like a slow stream. The Crocs were perfect. I wear them alot in summer to run to the gym or garden. My husband does surgery for long hours in them. They are a bit casual for evening dinner on a cruise.

As long as he doesnt wear socks with his sandles, that looks silly!

Birkenstocks and wool socks!

You know, I remember people wearing jeans in the dining room but I do not remember anyone's shoes! Wear the crocs the first night and see how you feel! Yes, they are ugly but boy, are they comfortable...thanks for reminding me to pack mine!

People who are on their feet a lot (nurses, waitresses, etc.) swear by crocs as do people with foot problems. DH has foot problems & will definitely be wearing them on the cruise, although maybe not in the dining room at night. They surely aren't pretty, but those who wear them swear by them. What people wear surely doesn't offend me - just a matter of choice.

Here in my part of the Midwest, Crocs are everywhere. I don't wear them because they aren't terribly comfortable for me, but I really don't think they're all that ugly -- more "quirky" maybe.:) I'm originally from New England and, while living in Boston, got quite accustomed to seeing birkenstocks with socks -- those also look fine to me (I'm obviously no fashion plate).

I have problems getting shoes that fit, and are comfortable and non-irritating. I have a pair of Merrell Primo Breezes that are several years old and are so comfortable I'd wear them every day if I could. They still make them, but they have apparently changed the construction a little bit, so the new ones don't fit as well. The Merrell Jungle Primos are pretty good too.

I have bad feet, and am going to order some, I will probably stick with black or brown, so that they won't stand out too bad, I also see that they make flip flops that I will probably buy for casual day use. I doubt that I would order bright green though:eek:.MAC
Ha Ha! Mine are bright green. :D I found them at Costco and chose the green over the lavender or pink. They are THE MOST comfortable things I have ever had on my feet. DH liked them so much we ordered a black pair from him online. They're going to be so nice when kayaking in Acapulco.

Ha Ha! Mine are bright green. :D I found them at Costco and chose the green over the lavender or pink. They are THE MOST comfortable things I have ever had on my feet. DH liked them so much we ordered a black pair from him online. They're going to be so nice when kayaking in Acapulco.

sorry about that! I could never pull off bright green. Also have you ever checked out LL bean comfort mocs, my best friend with bad feet swears by them.:D

MAC

Crocs - we did a pacific coastal this spring and took our crocs with us. We wore ours on deck during the day (slip free).

Although we did not wear them in the dining rooms, we saw others that did (even on formal night!) and they did not look out of place. To me comfort is more important than fashion.

While I agree crocs are not the most fashionable shoe they are very comfortable. I was not sold on them, but now love them after my family finally got me to try them. Once you walk a mile in them or stand for any period of time you will also be sold. We will all be bringing ours on our up-coming cruise, they will be perfect for walking around ports, to the beach or on the pool deck. They are extremely light weight and non skid. However we will not be wearing them to dinner.

I have to laugh at this thread. I live in "podunk, usa" (midwest in tiny town) and I have seen many people wearing crocs. In fact, my 3 year old granddaughter has a pair of pink ones that she wears. My initial reaction was "ugly", but I've gotten used to them. Kind of like Cabbage Patch Dolls. Remember how ugly those were at first. Got used to them and now they are kind of cute.:D Not sure that I would ever wear crocs (never would say never), but I am not offended by the people that do. I say "wear your crocs and enjoy". That is what life is all about.

I have to laugh at this thread. I live in "podunk, usa" (midwest in tiny town) and I have seen many people wearing crocs. In fact, my 3 year old granddaughter has a pair of pink ones that she wears. My initial reaction was "ugly", but I've gotten used to them. Kind of like Cabbage Patch Dolls. Remember how ugly those were at first. Got used to them and now they are kind of cute.:D Not sure that I would ever wear crocs (never would say never), but I am not offended by the people that do. I say "wear your crocs and enjoy". That is what life is all about.

Warning: the following is put forth by a MALE! ladies, read this post at your own risk!

:)

I've been a wedding photographer in the Midwest for 10 years now. Fortunately, I get to see the upcoming fashions as they hit the wedding industry.

Brides are wearing crocs... about 10 percent this past year wore them all day. :eek: -- No one could see their feet anyway!

Over half of the brides and their entourage of bridesmaids switched to crocs for dancing at the receptions.

Thankfully, the idea of a neck tie as required for a male to be "dressed" has relaxed. Chasing a bride around all day in tight pinchy shoes (my shoes, not her's) feeling like I was being choked didn't lead to great photos.

Now a good t-shirt/sweater thingy (don't know what they're called, but I look good in them)... and Clarks shoes with my dress slacks and jacket and I'm ready to rock-n-roll with all those 20-something brides!

I'm just glad that I discovered NCL for cruising. I vacation to relax. Wearing uncomfortable clothing or shoes (or wearing such that cost more than I make in week) wouldn't be fun.

Archived