ffl to miami port for 5 how many in a taxi

kkid432

i am trying to find out how many people they allow in a regular taxi? I called larrys limos and they want $108 to the ship and $127 return. This is for an suv. I guess I am willing to pay it, but i want to verify that taxi's wont take 5 people plus luggage. Also, I messed up an booked an 11:30 flight back out of FLL. I know that it might not work, but this is why I either need a private company or a taxi, as I cannot afford to waste any time whatsoever. Any advice would be great.

Use Tri-Rail. It is a fun train ride and you can't beat the price. 4 dollars each adult, 2 dollars per kid and 5years and under is free! We just returned from the Thanksgiving sailing of the Freedom of the Seas and rode the train from FLL to Miami and from Miami to Fll. We once flew into West Palm and caught the train from West Palm to Miami for only 4 dollars! It is all about saving money!

Tri Rail is not a good idea unless your not in a hurry or don't have to be anywhere at any given time. Just recently, Tri Rail customers sat in a broken down train for almost 3 hours waiting for buses to pick them up and bring them to the next station. The system is not reliable nr dependable. Even commuters will not ride Tri-Rail to work just for that reason alone.

Standard passenger cabs hold a maximum of four people plus the driver.

There are minivan taxis available that may hold your group. Luggage might be an issue though.

i have used larrys limo but for 6 adults.

The problem with 5 people is the luggage. A reg taxi will not fit 5 people plus luggage...even if you all only had one piece.

A SUV might be too large too. What his price for a smaller van type vehicle?

Another option is the van taxi available at the port. this will hold your family comfortably..especially for a 45 minute ride)

Tri rail share ride is one way only-- fll to mia. So a person would need to make arrangements for return transportation anyway.

Tri-rail does have service round trip.

But for a family of 5 Tri rail share ride one way will cost almost 100 bucks since you pay about 18 pp- it will be cost efficient to book a car service.

Archived