Anyone Else Receive Survey Email from RCCL?

I received a very detailed online survey today from Royal Caribbean regarding our recent Explorer cruise. It took quite a while to complete. This is a first for me, although we've cruised for the past 24 years and quite a few have been with their company. Just wondering why we received such a lengthy one, and if this is standard lately? This survey included opinions on check-in staff, boarding, condition of ship including bathroom & cabin, onboard staff, quality of food & beverages in all areas of ship, details on all activities aboard, on shows & entertainers, quality in shops (also times open etc), excursions (why didn't you go through the ship), ports, check-out, disembarkation, etc. Also asked if I would be willing to have my name used in advertising. (I gave honest opinions and most were very good....and a few were not so good, so I doubt they'll call me for that). The worse thing I rated was their reps on the phone. Another thing that I rated badly was disembarkation. I wrote that we waited for our proper color tag to be called while others just left and colors were not being checked, which helped to hold up everything. This survey was very lengthy. It was a legitimate survey with our cruise information included.

Please note that I don't spend a lot of time on the computer, and it's not that I'm ignoring you at all. I will check the boards now and then.

Happy cruising everyone.

We received one after our October Explorer cruise. The first in 22 cruises. Usually we only fill out the comment card. We like to give credit to the ones who have done an exceptional job so this was an extra opportunity to do so. Hopefully they receive the credit due to them.

Yes, I got one for my 10/31 Jewel cruise. I thought maybe I got it because I filled up all the free space on my comment card and could have written more! And 99% of it was complimentary. It was a great cruise with a great crew and staff and we had the best time.

Yes we got one for our 10/7 15 day Panama Canal cruise within a couple of weeks after we got back...........sure sounds like there were a lot of October sailings that got these. Never heard back from them.

We got one after our 10/20 Explorer cruise. I filled it out very fairly and complimented the crew and the ship, but really complained about the horrible disembarkation procedure in Bayonne. About two weeks later we received a coupon in the mail for $50 off our next cruise if we book before 1/17. Don't know if one had anything to do with the other, but we've never received anything like this before.

I got one of these emails also, for our 10/29 cruise on the Explorer. Gave it a good review, except for disembarktion. Seems they need to do something about people leaving before their colors are called. I was just a little disappointed that there was no space for additional comments.:cool:

We got one after our 10/20 Explorer cruise. I filled it out very fairly and complimented the crew and the ship, but really complained about the horrible disembarkation procedure in Bayonne. About two weeks later we received a coupon in the mail for $50 off our next cruise if we book before 1/17. Don't know if one had anything to do with the other, but we've never received anything like this before.

I just got the same coupon in the mail today. I know it couldn't be for filling out the survey because it had to have been mailed a few days ago & I just did the survey yesterday. Anyway, thanks everyone for your responses. Hopefully they will be sending these to everybody, not just hit and miss at random like now.

Wildroze, I see that you sailed the Homeric and then the Westerdam after the stretch and buy-out. We did the same. Wasn't she a great ship? Nice memories both sailings....Menu in dining rooms and lido deck spoiled us all. :p

Yes! That was a great ship with lots of memories for us. That was our first cruise. We were on the Homeric twice with the last one being the 2nd to last one before being turned over the Holland America. No ship yet has topped the food!

Archived