Control over stateroom selection

Loucat

We booked an aft D1 cabin on Radiance for New Years. We have never been if an aft and after reading posts here, we were looking forward to this! When our docs arrived, we were changed to a JS on a different deck. We did not want this location on this ship. (Please do not say how lucky we were).

I have spent more than one hour trying to get an answer ( I was told the stateroom we reserved is gone) on why RCC changes cabins. The "resolutions" desk is more than overloaded and does not answer. For those of you who are Diamond, forget it! There is NO input from C&A on this.

My question is, if you book a specific stateroom and RCC can change it at will-why bother? Why not let them place passengers? YIKES!! I am angry!!

We booked an aft D1 cabin on Radiance for New Years. We have never been if an aft and after reading posts here, we were looking forward to this! When our docs arrived, we were changed to a JS on a different deck. We did not want this location on this ship. (Please do not say how lucky we were).

I have spent more than one hour trying to get an answer ( I was told the stateroom we reserved is gone) on why RCC changes cabins. The "resolutions" desk is more than overloaded and does not answer. For those of you who are Diamond, forget it! There is NO input from C&A on this.

My question is, if you book a specific stateroom and RCC can change it at will-why bother? Why not let them place passengers? YIKES!! I am angry!!

dang, (and i know you didnt want to hear it ) but ive been patiently waiting for a JS to fall through (im a d1 now) too bad we arent goin at the same time or id take that one from you!!!

This is a problem sometimes. Did you book through a TA? If so, tell your TA that you don't want the upgrade. However, the cruise lines sometimes believe that since it is an upgrade the people will say yes and don't bother to call. If you booked directly with RCI, then call your rep and explain that you don't want the upgrade. Unfortunately your cabin has probably been resold, and now getting it back may be impossible. What a mess. I wish you the best of luck.

This is a problem sometimes. Did you book through a TA? If so, tell your TA that you don't want the upgrade. However, the cruise lines sometimes believe that since it is an upgrade the people will say yes and don't bother to call. If you booked directly with RCI, then call your rep and explain that you don't want the upgrade. Unfortunately your cabin has probably been resold, and now getting it back may be impossible. What a mess. I wish you the best of luck.

My original cabin has been sold and I did deal with RCC. I was on their website at the time of booking and asked for this specific aft cabin. To me, this is an issue of spending time to look at decks, views etc and make a decision. If I purchased a car, can the agency decide to give me something else? Probably not. I am concerned that RCC can change cabins and then have NO person who can "resolve" this. I have 4 cruises scheduled and I will cancel all of them as why should I stay with a cruise line that does not bother with even their Diamond members.

This is why I always book over the phone and not on the website. We, too, book specific cabin numbers. I'm particular about location. Keep calling them until you get an answer. If all else fails, cancel the cruise. I wouldn't be happy to be placed willy-nilly!

My original cabin has been sold and I did deal with RCC. I was on their website at the time of booking and asked for this specific aft cabin. To me, this is an issue of spending time to look at decks, views etc and make a decision. If I purchased a car, can the agency decide to give me something else? Probably not. I am concerned that RCC can change cabins and then have NO person who can "resolve" this. I have 4 cruises scheduled and I will cancel all of them as why should I stay with a cruise line that does not bother with even their Diamond members.

I agree with you. However, I am not going to tell you what to do. I don't believe the cruise lines should be allowed to do this. However, the cost of the lawyer to file a court action is more than it is worth, and the cruise lines know this, so the cruise lines can get a way with it. It is not fair, but unfortunately there is not much you can do.

This is why I always book over the phone and not on the website. We, too, book specific cabin numbers. I'm particular about location. Keep calling them until you get an answer. If all else fails, cancel the cruise. I wouldn't be happy to be placed willy-nilly!

I booked over the phone :(

I am sorry about your situation. I would be very unhappy, too.

I know it won't help you now, but I wonder if it would help in the future for any of us who want a specific cabin to ask the reservation agent to specify "do not upgrade" in our cabin selection? Does anyone know?

This is a situation where having a good TA would be helpful as they could be the one fighting with RCCL on your behalf. In the future, have your reservation marked "no upgrade." This doesn't help you now.

Keep pushing but most likely you are out of luck on getting your stateroom back as in the cruiseline's eyes a move from a D1 to a JS is most definitely an upgrade and a better deal for you.

This is a situation where having a good TA would be helpful as they could be the one fighting with RCCL on your behalf. In the future, have your reservation marked "no upgrade." This doesn't help you now.

Keep pushing but most likely you are out of luck on getting your stateroom back as in the cruiseline's eyes a move from a D1 to a JS is most definitely an upgrade and a better deal for you.

The aft balcony is nice but I'd still prefer the junior suite and the two cruise credits that come along with it.

The aft balcony is nice but I'd still prefer the junior suite and the two cruise credits that come along with it.

Me too, but obviously the OP is not in the same boat as us. Personally I would prefer the Aft JS but that's just me!

The OP is talking about a New Years cruise. If that is the one coming up in less than 30 days, the OP takes a big hit to cancel now.

OT, but how was the Brilliance?

The Brilliance transatlantic cruise was wonderful with near perfect weather everyday. Unfortunately something was going around the ship and I caught a very bad cold from day 8 through day 13 which was a bummer. Of course having access to the concierge lounge (especially between 5:30 & 8:30) helped me deal with the discomfort. ;)

Also we only had 24 children on board.

The Brilliance transatlantic cruise was wonderful with near perfect weather everyday. Unfortunately something was going around the ship and I caught a very bad cold from day 8 through day 13 which was a bummer. Of course having access to the concierge lounge (especially between 5:30 & 8:30) helped me deal with the discomfort. ;)

I'm sorry about your cold. I'm glad the Concierge Lounge had some painkillers for you.;)

Loucat

A very similiar thing happened to me. Although we were at the pier when the very nice lady told us our new cabin number!! I told her there must be a mistake. I had booked a year out to get my D1 aft cabin, and now they were telling me I was upgraded to a JS on the side. I was not happy. A supervisor was called. She didn't understand my problem. Told me I should be happy, I was upgraded. But I didn't want to be upgraded I told her!

To make a long story short, we did get back our original aft cabin, but only after they located the people that now had it, and asked if they wanted the upgrade to the JS. If they had said no, we would have been out of luck.

We were very happy with our aft D1 and I can totally understand where you are coming from. Some would be very happy with the upgrade, but you are not, and that is very disappointing for you.

If its worth it to you, phone again and again. Sometimes you just need to get the right person on the phone. One that cares and takes the time to help. Best of luck.

Thanks for all of your good comments. I plan to cancel my Spring and Fall cruises and try another cruise line. I cannot even get someone at RCC in "Resolutions" to speak with me. Who needs this type of treatment? :mad:

Thanks for all of your good comments. I plan to cancel my Spring and Fall cruises and try another cruise line. I cannot even get someone at RCC in "Resolutions" to speak with me. Who needs this type of treatment? :mad:

We are on the same cruise as you. I did notice RCI online shows 2 aft cabins on deck 7. Sorry to hear about your cabin. RCI feel free to punish us with a suite:D .

Brad, Holly, and Bobby

Are there any better JS's available then the one they gave you. I know it is not the perfect solution, but maybe they might have something even better.

Hold on the line for resolutions. I know it sometimes takes 1/2 hour for someone to answer, but a least they might be able to help you out.

Sorry for your situation.

Archived