CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I've had a fantastic bargain on Celebrity. Yes i did pay 200% of the pp rate, however the rate was extremely low because it was a repositioning voyage through the Panama Canal. To compensate for the high port and canal taxes and fees the actual fare was astonishingly low. It meant that i had two weeks in an interior cabin of my own for $999 - not a huge amount more that the per person rate. It's worth keeping a close eye on the offers!

If anyone sees a really good transatlantic this fall, please post. I love taking these, and if I can find another like last year's NCL Gem I'll jump on it!

HI! How are you doing?! I couldn't believe that deal.

I keep looking for anything close. I like repos too. At this point tho, they could make it as excellent as $650 for single balcony and AIRFARE would add $1000 :mad: :( :eek: ... Oh, ok that would be a good deal LOL... Let me know if you see one like that.

I know I know you, please tell me your real (first) name. Hey I just turned 55 in May, I'm allowed these lapses in memory. (As well as SENIOR DISCOUNTS :p )

If anyone sees a really good transatlantic this fall, please post. I love taking these, and if I can find another like last year's NCL Gem I'll jump on it!

I am tempted by a couple of solo transatlantic cruises which I consider bargains, both for cheapest inside cabins:

14 Night Transatlantic Westbound (Barcelona to Miami)

Cruise Line: Celebrity Cruises

Cruise Ship: Century

Departure: 11/28/2009

Cruise Length: 14 Nights

Cheapest inside $1,569 + $190.90 = $1759.90

With air from Chicago $2388 + $255.55 tax = $2643.55

There see no +50 discount and am not a past guest. Air on my own from Chicago is about $1400 at this time.

15 Night New World Adventure (Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale)

Cruise Line: Holland America Line

Cruise Ship: Rotterdam

Departure: 11/4/2008

Cruise Length: 15 Nights

$1499 with past guest discount. No quote yet for taxes, fees, or air from Chicago. Air on my own from Chicago is about $1000 at this time.

There are cheaper transatlantic cruises available, but these get me to a couple of new ports.

The best deals (that is the lowest single supplement surcharge on the double occupancy fare) can be found as follows:

1. Crystal Cruises only charges a 25% supplement on windowed cabins and a 35% supplement on the least expensive Veranda cabins
  2. Carnival Cruises reserves a small number of inside cabins on each cruise that carry a low 10 to 20% surcharge--only a few cabins per cruise so book early
  3. Here's a line I just learned of (it has just one ship)--Voyages of Discovery-- they do not have any single supplements--they are

4. Silversea has only a 10% single supplement on select cruises for there Vista and Verandah class cabins
  5. Costa Cruises still builds ships with single cabins---only a handful per ship but they are there
  6. The new cruise line, Pearl Seas Cruises, is building new ships with single cabins. It commences operations in the Carribean in January 2009 and then moves to do Canadian maritime and Great Lakes cruises in the late spring and summer of 2009

7. Most cruise lines will give you a much reduced single supplement on trans Atlantic and trans Pacific repositioning cruises

Hope this helps

Hi Steven, thanks for the information:)

Too bad Crystal's regular prices are more than I can

afford so their low supplement doesn't help.:eek: and isn't Silversea

even more expensive than Crystal?:confused:

I would love to try a Luxury Line one day but its not

anytime in my near future.

The ships with the better single supplement policies tend to be the more expensive lines. But then again Carnival certainly isn't although I am unclear as to what their exact policy is for reduced single supplements. Also Costa is moderately priced and Voyages of Discovery is also very economical.

HI! How are you doing?! I couldn't believe that deal.

I keep looking for anything close. I like repos too. At this point tho, they could make it as excellent as $650 for single balcony and AIRFARE would add $1000 :mad: :( :eek: ... Oh, ok that would be a good deal LOL... Let me know if you see one like that.

I know I know you, please tell me your real (first) name. Hey I just turned 55 in May, I'm allowed these lapses in memory. (As well as SENIOR DISCOUNTS :p )

Hey Pat and Nancy!

I'm following this thread & would love to jump on something for the end of the year too. Hope that you are both doing well. :)

Jack - San Francisco

The ships with the better single supplement policies tend to be the more expensive lines. But then again Carnival certainly isn't although I am unclear as to what their exact policy is for reduced single supplements. Also Costa is moderately priced and Voyages of Discovery is also very economical.

Hi Steven, thanks for the reply.:)

I guess it is all priorities and what is in the budget.

I am fortunate enough to be able to sail on my

cruiseline of choice, high supplement and all.

Lois I agree with you! The single supplement rate on Silversea and Crystal are either low or none at all, but for the price of one of their seven day cruises, I can book two to three cruises on HAL.

Maybe if I hit the powerball!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the info Steven!

Hi Jack and Pat! Nothing looks remotely close to our Dec. deal. I was looking at a repo to SJU, but for the cost to fly home, I could fly one way to BCN :rolleyes: :p . Well, all we can do is wait. (And I won't wait til the balconies are gone this year Jack!)

Hope all is well.

Nancy

Guess I'll have to auction off all my depression glass in order to cruise any time this year. I am getting antsy and no cruise in the horizon! Oh woe is me!:(

I know! I seldom go this long without having something booked. Everyone keeps asking when my next cruise is :( ... I've often put some of the trip on my CC (flight or , but there's no way I'm doing that with the economy the way it is! I'm trying to save, but buying food and gas keep getting in the way.

OK - positive thinking :) :p - a GREAT singles deal will come along this year.

Nancy>>Had I known my 11-day S. Caribbean in Dec/07 would be my last for a while, I would have 'gone around again'!!! If you find something let me know, even if we have to be in the pits of the ship!!! Something is better than nothing! Had a cancer scare last month and I am SO READY to "get out there"!

FYI I have booked March 14, 2009 on the Oosterdam for 18 day Transatlantic. Guaranteed inside comes to about $106 per day, without air from my TA. I'm a happy camper. Come along.

For some reason, the name Oosterdam reminds me of a rooster, but I would gladly even sail on a rooster if he was headed in my direction! See how desparate I am???:eek:

Nancy,

I'm Pat from Virginia. I'm the one who ended up with horrible case of bronchitis and ended up missing half the stuff that was going on.

Turned 60 this year, and celebrated by buying myself a new convertible. Which got broadsided by a hit and run deer two weeks after I got it!

Hi Pat. My name is Pat also. I lucked out this winter...no bronchitis. Sorry to hear about yours. I turn 62 in August and just signed up for early retirement two weeks ago. I don't have a new convertible, but my hubby's company car just got a huge bang on it. I backed into it last weekend. Forgot he was parked broadside behind me! oops!

Hi I usually have my agent book what is called a guarantee. I'm guaranteed A cabin but I don't find out which one until close to sail date. I'm only getting it on Carnival. I usually end up with an inside. But I don't mind I don't go because of what they offer in the cabins. Paride55

• 2 weeks later...

Archived