CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I discovered when booking a 1A on Carnival Spirit, 8 night Mexican Riviera, 3/15 cruise that the Spirit class ships do not have different sized cabins for their 1A cataegory, just a block of regular inside cabins.

Was able to book, using the military rate, a 1A gty for a total of $425, including all port charges, taxes and fees. That was about 20% higher than their inside double occupancy military rate for that cruise. Still a great bargain at $53 per night. (Can't even get a Motel 6 for that price)

Dave

Dave, I'm gonna check that out! but i can't get military rate....

Here's a decent deal for single inside GTY... 4-night 4/23 Carnival Fascination. Miami to: Key West, Calica, and Day At Sea for $332.54 -- not bad!

CJCruiser,

I'm a ta so my computer is directly connected to the cruise line. Or you could call the cruise line directly. Hopefully when you look online they'll come up with the best rate, but not always. Always pays to call a TA. I'll try to post when I come across something.

-R

CJCruiser,

-R

I find that Carnival has the best single rates but I have never called Celebrity. The other lines seem to offer better itineraries but the price is high! What about the cruise co.'s that offer big "deals"? I don't know of anyone who has used them. Thanks!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I haven't booked yet, but I have found Carnival "Triumph" in October for only $409 dbl occupancy, and only $534 single, so a supplement of $125. I may book soon. What do you think ?

I can almost guaranty that the price will go lower. If you are flexible as to your cabin, I would hold off until after the cancellation period is over (60 days b/4 cruise).

Last year I booked Carnival Destiny in the summer and it was $569 single. However, once the cancellation period ended, the price started to dropped. I grabbed a price of $379 or so and got the rest of the money back in an OBC which I drank and gambled away. However, I think the price bottomed out at just about $309 for a single 1A guaranteed and that happened about 30 days before the cruise.

During early October the ships do not fill up until the last minute unless a large group books lots of rooms (beware of those groups also).

Good luck!!:)

KUDOS to original poster! This thread is long overdue!

Are the rates being posted for 7-day? not always indicated... I've found some great deals . got an 7-day mini-suite on NCL in october (Halloween!) for a SINGLE at $837... :)

Just booked a 5-day Carnival (first time booked a 1A - or even inside cabin!) from New Orleans 4/30 for $403. I'm poor... I go with the best deal i can find. Sometimes I just wanna be on a cruise. I've been blessed 3 times with balcony cabins and they're awesome. But, for me if $500 is all I can afford, then any cabin is better than no cruise. Also, we have choices about WHAT to do on our cruises. On a few of my cruises gambling, drinks, bingo, excursions, etc. have DOUBLED my cruise cost. It's so easy to get carried away in the moment.

just my 2 cents :)

KUDOS to original poster! This thread is long overdue!

Are the rates being posted for 7-day? not always indicated... I've found some great deals . got an 7-day mini-suite on NCL in october (Halloween!) for a SINGLE at $837... :)

good job! I have never found a good rate for a single other than the Carnival 150%. Except a once on the Zenith. I keep looking for another deal on Celebrity/RCCL but not yet.

If you can get to the UK cheaply, don't mind 'British ships' and can deal with the issues of booking from the States (etc - apparently they don't market very well outside the UK, so it can be difficult to book with them). (I guess the exchange rate needs to come in there somewhere are well! and I get a feeling the UK prices are generally higher than US ones anyway), ..... but,:D, P and O have variable single supplements (http://www.pocruises.com)

When the 2007 brochure came out in April 2006, there were even 2 sailings with 0% supplement :eek: (To the Canary Islands in November and December).

Even now one of those sailings is still advertising only 25% (Aurora 25th Nov 2007 if anyone is interested). The rate tends to go up as sailing date gets closer (depends on bookings I guess), so some are now up to 100% :( , but there are still some at 50%.

When the brochures come out the majority are in the range 40-75% (it also depends on the ship - based on this year (and from memory) Arcadia has more 75% sailings and Oceana 40% - thats probably to do with the 'more kids = lower single supplement' rule and Arcadia is adult only)

That said, the last couple of years, I have found it cheaper to book a single room on the QE2 than pay the SS on P+O (Have to go P+O soon though, they start taking loyalty points away soon & 'points means on-board-discounts':D, to paraphrase one of our quiz show hosts)

Waiting for April for the new brochures:D

Karen

good job! I have never found a good rate for a single other than the Carnival 150%. Except a once on the Zenith. I keep looking for another deal on Celebrity/RCCL but not yet.

I guess I have gotten very lucky:)

I am sailing on 3/18 for 8 nights on Celebrity and found a

cabin for 880.00 total. (solo)...going on Mercury out of San Diego.

Now there have been times the prices for some of my cruises

have been higher..that is usually the case.

This time the price was definitely fantastic:D

And twice in the past I found good prices on Happy Hours too!

What site do you find the HH specials? And are they just notice short cruise sailings, go at the last minute?

I guess I have gotten very lucky:)

I am sailing on 3/18 for 8 nights on Celebrity and found a

cabin for 880.00 total. (solo)...going on Mercury out of San Diego.

Now there have been times the prices for some of my cruises

have been higher..that is usually the case.

This time the price was definitely fantastic:D

And twice in the past I found good prices on Happy Hours too!

Hi,:) yes usually they are short notice.

And it is still high but because the overall price is lower so

is my price.

Now, for the one I am going on in 10 days...I was looking at

X's website and the regular price just kept coming down...and

down...and down....and I purchased it when I saw a low point

of 459.00 per person.

With the taxes reduced it was only 887.00 total for me.

The next time I looked (after I booked) the prices went back up

so I really booked it at the right moment!

I have an inside cat 9...and I am totally pleased:)

Here is the HH website for Celebrity. I don't have the one for

Royal.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/XcitingDeals_CEL_tues.pdf

Another source of good single fares is right here at CC. Check out the CC group cruises. Some of them offer very reasonable single cabins. I'm going on a 12-day Hawaiian cruise on the Carnival Spirit, leaving April 15. My single cabin (1A) was only $1,449, plus $150 in shipboard credit. Quelle bargain!

Roz

Hey Roz & Thamsey!:)

I just thought that I would pass on to all my fellow solo cruisers who might be interested in in a steal of a deal on a Hawaii cruise. On the April 15th 2007 12 day sailing of the Carnival Spirit, Carnival is offering to let singles book a 5A obstructed oceanview cabin for the same price as a 4A inside. The current single price at Carnival.com for a 4A- $1108.00 total. An awesome single occupancy price for a cabin that has french doors that open to let in fresh air!

Tony.

Well I ended up booking the 12 day Hawaiian cruise and got it for $808 I am on the 7th floor inside cabin. This was a great rate(55 years and up) I am 55 could not pass it up.

I also am doing the trans alantic and med next year and got both for great prices went to cruise compete and I have the 1A with windows for 26 days for $2549

Well I ended up booking the 12 day Hawaiian cruise and got it for $808 I am on the 7th floor inside cabin. This was a great rate(55 years and up) I am 55 could not pass it up.

I also am doing the trans alantic and med next year and got both for great prices went to cruise compete and I have the 1A with windows for 26 days for $2549

Sounds great and you will love Hawaii. Actually for a single Carnival is the only line that offers a rate that is even close to being within most peoples budget. I actually considered Hawaii again but I want to try something different but I will go back to Hawaii.

If you are a solo traveler who likes a smaller more intimate experience, Seadream Yacht Club offers transatlantic crossings with no single supplement. The Seadream Yacht Club consists of two yachts about 300 feet long and only allow about 100 guests or 50 or so cabins. The no-single supplement makes this a great bargain for all us solo travelers and it is a great line. Yachting is just so much more enjoyable. I am booked on the Nov 3 crossing from Tenerife to Miami and am looking forward to it. Good cruising.

I've been reading this line for a while now. Always looking for good deals. And appreciate all the tips.

I thought that I would share that Norweigan Dream from Houston to Dover, 19 day repo solo fare dropped in about half today. 19 days with two days in Ireland was $1636 today compared to the double fare a few days ago. That's an oceanview. Includes everything except insurance. She sails on April 14th I think. I've sailed her before and she's a good ship.

I had been watching the fare for several months wanting to do a back to back to St. Petersburg on her next saling from Dover, but that price hasn't dropped and I've already made other plans now.

I did the last minute NCL Sun from LA to NO repositioning last OCT. for 17 days for $1100 solo thruough the Panana Canal and it was a great cruise.

Just my two cents worth.

Just my two cents worth.

Let's take a closer look at this.

You say "penny for your thoughts" but then in return you get TWO WHOLE CENTS WORTH.

Somewhere somebody is getting a 100% markup.

If you could get a percentage of this action you could BUY the whole cruiseline.

Just my two cents' worth (all rights reserved).

Let's take a closer look at this.

You say "penny for your thoughts" but then in return you get TWO WHOLE CENTS WORTH.

Somewhere somebody is getting a 100% markup.

If you could get a percentage of this action you could BUY the whole cruiseline.

Just my two cents' worth (all rights reserved).

Lard Greystoke :mad: My two cents back at you. Have you ever posted a good SOLO deal? searched for a deal for a single cruiser? I have to agree that a 19-day cruise for $1636 for a single is a GREAT deal! Anytime a solo cruiser can get less then $100/day constitutes a good deal IMHO!

Am I missing something here? the 100% markup is usually what a SOLO cruiser has to pay! $700 pp = $1400 for solo??? what's the deal?

Please, tell me what I missed here!

Archived