CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Carnival Cruise Line currently has a 7 day Western Caribbean on the Triumph (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and 3 days at sea), inside 1A for $738.66. That's roughly a 160% single supplement. Sails out of Miami on 11/30. Not as good as some of the single supplement rates I've jumped on, but better than what I've been seeing lately. I booked it! :D

Kathy Q

Does anyone have the site for the Celebrity and RCLL Cruise line Happy Hour. These prices are only given on Tuesdays.

Hi:) I used to have the link but a while back it was changed

so now the public does not have access to it anymore.

(It is just for Travel Agents now).

I know it changed for Celebrity as that is the link

I orginially had saved on my keyboard.

I am guessing it changed for Royal too since they

own X.

Theres a great single rate right now for Carnival Fascination on Dec. 8th, 2008. Its a 5 night out of Jacksonville.

Its an A1 gaurantee. $418.50. I started out at $463.50 a few days ago but its dropped 45.00 already!! Ive called my TA and got the decrease. I watch for price dropes like a hawk!

Not bad for about $100 bucks a night for a single cruiser!

Im actually not a solo cruiser on this one but just going with my own room so we arent putting 3 in a room. I think im just about at what they paid per person for a Main deck inside room.

RCI Brilliance (gorgeous ship) has a great rate for 12day Eastern Med. on Nov.1, 2008 for seniors ...appox. $100 per day inside; approx. $150 pd oceanview; and approx. $200 pd balcony -- SINGLE OCCUPANCY in the Med for these prices is not bad. :)

ALCON,

The Oct 12 2008 Mariner has some fairly good prices for a single inside. I didn't say great but the double is so low now that you can end up with a pretty good rate for a single for this ship. I booked it long ago and just got my price lowered yesterday.

Hey fellow solo travelers,

Right now, I am coming up with the following pricing information on the NCL website for the September 21, 2008, sailing of the Norwegian Star, 6 nights, Vancouver to Los Angeles for one passenger:

Price SummaryTotal Price: $574.78 Cruise $449.00 Fuel Supplement $66.00 Government Taxes and Fees $59.78

This appears to be no single supplement over the fare for 2 in an Inside, Category K Guarantee cabin. I haven't tried to price other categories.

Hope this helps you all ! :)

Happy Sailing - Jack

Happy Sailing

I'm getting the following pricing right now on the NCL website, for one passenger, on the Norwegian Jewel T/A, Dover to New York, September 17, 2008, which also appears to be with no Single Supplement. Inside Cabin, Category K, Guarantee.

Total Price: $1,134.01 Cruise $899.00 Fuel Supplement $121.00 Government Taxes and Fees $114.01

Hi Guys,

I've cruised many times but thinking about trying the solo thing. I really only want to cruise RCL as they are my fave but their single supplements are a bit high. In your experience do they discount them closer to sailing? I'm hoping for Voyager class as I love the promenade, sometime in November. Has anyone has luck with last minute deals? Thanks!!

Vickie

Hi Guys,

I've cruised many times but thinking about trying the solo thing. I really only want to cruise RCL as they are my fave but their single supplements are a bit high. In your experience do they discount them closer to sailing? I'm hoping for Voyager class as I love the promenade, sometime in November. Has anyone has luck with last minute deals? Thanks!!

Vickie

I found that RCCL has some excellent resident rates. These are out of San Pedro....but maybe they'll have some out of FL as well. I ended up paying $111 a night for my upcoming cruise, which I feel is VERY reasonable for a solo! :)

I purchased this particular cruise 60 days prior to sailing.

Vickie - I have also found some great single rates on RCCL - just keep checking and put in for the reseidency rate - you'll find one...this past Jan. within 60 days... I got a great single rate on the Navigator in a promenade cabin..:)

Vickie - I have also found some great single rates on RCCL - just keep checking and put in for the reseidency rate - you'll find one...this past Jan. within 60 days... I got a great single rate on the Navigator in a promenade cabin..:)

I noticed you are from OH and NY? Which one do you use for residency rate?

I noticed you are from OH and NY? Which one do you use for residency rate?

I actually can use either as I do have a house in ohio and an apartment in NY ...as I work out of NY for an airline

I'm getting the following pricing right now on the NCL website, for one passenger, on the Norwegian Jewel T/A, Dover to New York, September 17, 2008, which also appears to be with no Single Supplement. Inside Cabin, Category K, Guarantee.

Total Price: $1,134.01 Cruise $899.00 Fuel Supplement $121.00 Government Taxes and Fees $114.01

That's not bad for a 11 day cruise!!

mitaxi>>Don't you just love Majesty? Even though she is smallish, compared to all those mega vessels she is one of my favorite, if not my favorite. Coco Cay forever!

September will be my first time on Majesty...can't wait since all the rave reviews....in fact just talked my sister and two other friends (frist time cruisers ) into joining me....although the single supplement was good....this is better :D

and yes I do LOVE coco cay...

Jack,

Thanks for the heads up about the -0- supplements on NCL. September is out for me, but I'm looking at some of the others. I checked air fare for Nov and can get it for $500 to Barcelona, so that makes for an affordable trip (even though I had said I wasn't going to travel this year - I'm bad). Think I'll wait a bit to see if they drop some more. Seems like it was last September that they came out with the really cheap fares.

I found a possible bargain for those who enjoy NCL. 14-nights from Philadelphia on Majesty with 7 sea days and 6 ports solo inside for less than $88/day including independent air.

Looks like the Norwegian Majesty on November 1, 2008. I got the following information on the NCL site just now. Single Occupancy, Inside, Category K Guarantee.

Price SummaryTotal Price: $984.90 Cruise $749.00 Fuel Supplement $154.00 Government Taxes and Fees $81.90

Nice price :) .

Just noticed this sailing, a repositioing out of NY, 13 day, no SS.

Thanks for the info. I check NCL prices daily and missed doing so on Sunday. When I checked on Saturday morning, there was no special. I booked this cruise today. Price was too good to pass up.

Thanks for the info. I check NCL prices daily and missed doing so on Sunday. When I checked on Saturday morning, there was no special. I booked this cruise today. Price was too good to pass up.

Congrats! I saw that one too, but am afraid of New York! It's a better itinerary though.

Congrats! I saw that one too, but am afraid of New York! It's a better itinerary though.

Thanks. I have never sailed out of New York. I did do the original repo cruise that brought the Dawn to New York in 2003. It was great. I had orginally booked the Majesty in December for two back to back cruises but I could not pass up the itinerary. I just had them switch my bookings. We will be going to some of my favorite spots. I was excited about the Majesty but even more so about this sailing.

Archived