Question for recent Century cruisers

CinWin

My daughter is sailing on the Century on Aug. 7th and would like to know: Who is the current cruise director and also the captain of the ship?

Cindy

Me too! Finally... this is the first mention I've seen of the 8/7 Century other than by me.

I'll be on board with my fiance and 20+ of his coworkers and their guests (nearly 50 of us total). We are mostly a young group, but don't worry... A. most of us are not obnoxious, and B. even those who are obnoxious will have to tone it down, since they're sailing with their bosses.

We were on Century for a seven day cruise which departed FLL on May 22, 2004.

Alan King was the cruise director. The captain was Captain Skylogiannis. However, I believe the captain is on leave at his home in England, and his wife is giving birth to their second child this month. He indicated that he will be going to one of the M Class ships after his leave is over.

We were on the Century cruise on June 5 to June 12. The cruise Director was Alan king. We found him to be somewhat funny when he was on stage but when you tried to talk to him off stage he just did not have the time to mingle with the guests. too Bad, all other ships have a very pleasant and friendly cruise director. Maybe he was not feeling well this cruise.

The Captain was Captain Skylogiannis but I think I heard he was returning home to England for a short time so do not know who the captian would be for your cruise. You might contact CelebrityCruiselines.com for an answer. or ask your Travel Agent to find out for you.

We felt the same about Alan King when he was CD on Galaxy last year -- basically no personality or presence. Not unpleasant, just blah -- and not terribly entertainging, either. Never thought a CD was important, and we have a good time regardless, but a good one can make it much better. Sadly, Alan King did not. Anyone know if he is staying on Century? We are cruising her at the holidays in December and hope the CD changes by then.

bella---Alan King will be on the Century when he comes back from his vacation, which is pretty soon if I remember correctly. We found him to be very entertaining. And when we met him "off stage" he was always griendly and communicative. Hope you find him that way also.

I have been on with Alan King as CD. We first met him at the cruise critic party and he always remember us whenever we saw him on the ship and off. We always found him to be pleasant. Some days it is hard to keep smiling maybe that was his problem. Once a year I go away with my husband's company. I must smile and be friendly all the time. We go to great places and sometimes even a cruise. We have had suites come free to us but there are days I still feel I will die of terminal smiliness. Maybe Alan is just tired and needed to go home and regroup. Pat

My daughter is sailing on the Century on Aug. 7th and would like to know: Who is the current cruise director and also the captain of the ship?

Cindy

Hello !

I just got off Century today. Allan King is the CD, but he will only be there for a few more weeks. When Allan is done with his Vacation, he will be returning to Century.

The Current Captain is Terry Konstantinides, and he is an absolute delight. He was one of the best Celebrity Captains I have met to date.

Regards,

Andy

We just got off the Century Western Caribbean on 7-24-04 and the ship is incredible! Alan King is the CD and we found him to be very friendly and effective. He introduced each show and was charming without spending too much time telling the typical cruise jokes. His taped sessions were very informative for first time cruisers We will be posting a review as soon as we unpack. This ship is unbelievable...the crew is everything that all Century followers have said. You will have an incredible week on the Century!

Many Cruises

Archived