I Just Booked Celebrity Quest !!!

Andy

Hi Everyone !

I wanted to let everyone know that I booked Celebrity Quest yesterday, for one of the new Caribbean itineraries in November 2007. My guess is, I may have been one of the very first to book Quest ! I have been hoping to try a longer and more exotic Caribbean itinerary for quite some time, and this Cruise will fill both of my wishes. The 14 night Caribbean itinerary looks incredible. Cruising on a smaller ship will be a welcome experience as well.

My only minor concern, is that this will be Quest's 4th sailing as a Celebrity ship. I strongly feel that Celebrity will work hard to make sure that any issues will be worked out, long before Quest's first sailing begins. I hope I am right about that. The good news is that Journey will have been around for about 6 months by then. Hopefully, Celebrity will learn from their experiences with Journey.

I will start a Roll Call for this sailing, as soon as we have a thread dedicated to Celebrity Quest. I have asked for Quest to be added. Hopefully, we will have a thread for Quest very soon !

Happy Holidays !

Andy,

I'm jealous...we wanted the Nov 24th sailing then realized we'd miss Chanukah with the family. Sure wish they'd started the cruises earlier. What are the ports on the 10th?

Hi Sheila !

Here is the itinerary for Quest's November 12th sailing. This is a 12 night sailing, not a 14 night sailing. This is from the Celebrity website. So you know, Celebrity has now added to the website.... several Quest sailings, and new Journey sailings to South America. It is worth taking a look.

Mon, Nov 12 Miami, Florida Boarding Depart 5:00 PM

Tue, Nov 13 At Sea

Wed, Nov 14 Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 5:00 PM

Thu, Nov 15 Samana, Dominican Republic Tendered Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Fri, Nov 16 Mayaguez, Puerto Rico Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Sat, Nov 17 St. John, U.S.Virgin Islands Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Sun, Nov 18 Gustavia, St. Barts Tendered Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Mon, Nov 19 Cabrits, Dominica Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM

Tue, Nov 20 At Sea

Wed, Nov 21 At Sea

Thu, Nov 22 At Sea

Fri, Nov 23 At Sea

Sat, Nov 24 Miami, Florida Departure Arrive 7:00 AM

Thanks, Andy, we'll have to look at that one and, maybe, book while we're on Journey in May. Since we have the BIG one next Feb...will depend on how frugal we can be between cruises :) Sure is tempting. The reason we liked the one on th 24th is that it stops at Virgin Gorda - our very favorite island!

Hi! Andy!

We booked the Summit quite a while ago for the 7 day out of San Juan in January 2008. I noticed the Quest's Itinerary yesterday and am quite intrigued. I'm thinking I should put a deposit on it just to keep our options open. What kind of a cabin did you book? Did you look at the sunset veranda's? We like staying in the aft but from some of the pictures I've seen of the Quest it was hard to tell what the balconie's would be like. I really like the idea of a smaller ship and it sounds like the service would be incredible. I think it's a good move for Celebrity. It seems like a lot of the cruise lines are building bigger and bigger ships and I really am not drawn to them. The size of the Summit and the Jewel is as big as I want to go on.

Have a great cruise and keep us posted as to what you're finding out about the Quest.

Rae

Journey and Quest were acquired from Pullmantur.

If you go to the Roll Calls - journey, you'll find some links to other cruise lines with photos of the same or similar ships.

There's also another thread on the main X board, with some interesting posts on this subject.

We'll be on Journey Oct 27 from Cape Liberty to Miami via Bermuda, Grand Turk, Labadeee, Colombia and Panama for 14 nts.

Cabo

are these redone ships from another line?

Hi Thomasale !

As the other poster said, they are being acquired from Pullmantur (in exchange for Zenith), but they were originally from Renaissance Cruise Lines.

Hi! Andy!

We booked the Summit quite a while ago for the 7 day out of San Juan in January 2008. I noticed the Quest's Itinerary yesterday and am quite intrigued. I'm thinking I should put a deposit on it just to keep our options open. What kind of a cabin did you book? Did you look at the sunset veranda's? We like staying in the aft but from some of the pictures I've seen of the Quest it was hard to tell what the balconie's would be like. I really like the idea of a smaller ship and it sounds like the service would be incredible. I think it's a good move for Celebrity. It seems like a lot of the cruise lines are building bigger and bigger ships and I really am not drawn to them. The size of the Summit and the Jewel is as big as I want to go on.

Have a great cruise and keep us posted as to what you're finding out about the Quest.

Rae

Hi Rae !

We booked a Category 1A on Deck 7. That looked like a good spot, as you have cabins above and below you. I did not give the Sunset Veranda's any consideration.

While we like the size of the Century Class and Millennium Class, it will be a welcome change to try a smaller Celebrity ship. I also like that Celebrity is adding the 2 smaller ships, and it will give us something to look forward to, until the Solstice Class arrives in late 2008. I am confident it will be a great Cruise !

We'll be on Journey Oct 27 from Cape Liberty to Miami via Bermuda, Grand Turk, Labadeee, Colombia and Panama for 14 nts.

Hi Cabo!

So finally we get to meet :D Despite staying in the same hotel, we missed eachother in Barcelona!

Cheers -

Floris

good luck on your trip--for me 4 days at sea in a row is a bit much (did it to hawaii & back) ---too bad they could not have mixed up the itin a bit---but sounds like nice ports..

Hi Hcat !

The 11/12/07 sailing has the 4 sea days in a row towards the end. I agree that it would have been better if Celebrity put at least 1 more port somewhere in there.

I am on the 11/24/07 sailing, and it has more port days and fewer sea days. I like this itinerary over the 11/12/07 sailing.

Wow....we arrived at Le Meridien at about 1100 I think. We were met by an X hostess and we booked a City tour with one of the local tour companies. Saw a few things we did not see with our X tour. There were several people in the lobby waiting to be taken to Millie for the T/A. Must have been pretty close to seeing you.

Well...October is not that far away, so we will see you soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Cabo

Archived