??? Sea "C" CP or Caribbean Princess ???

swiddowson

?? "CP" is the Sea or Caribbean Prnicess ??  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?? "CP" is the Sea or Caribbean Prnicess ??

• Sea Princess
    • Caribbean Princess
    • Why cant we just call them by their real names?
    • Who cares?!

Just a little fun for the cruise world out there.

All you self proclaimed Princess experts out there tell me what you think.

Originally the Sea Princess was abbreviated as "CP" One can see this on some of the past Princess brochures. The Sea Princess left us for P&O. Caribbean Princess came and people began calling her "CP." Now we know that the Sea Princess will be rejoining the fleet.

So who gets the abbreviated title of "CP" is it the Sea or Caribbean Princess?

Caribbean Princess came and people began calling her "CP." Now we know that the Sea Princess will be rejoining the fleet.

So who gets the abbreviated title of "CP" is it the Sea or Caribbean Princess?

The URLs in the Princess website say it all about the official designators:-

CP = Sea Princess

CB = Caribbean Princess

CO = Coral Princess

For what it's worth:-

NP = Golden Princess

AP = Grand Princess

SP = Sun Princess

SA = Sapphire Princess

TP = Star Princess

TA = Tahitian Princess

DP = Dawn Princess

DI = Diamond Princess

RP = Royal Princess

GP = Regal Princess

IP = Island Princess

PA = Pacific Princess

I remember that thread, and I was one of the ones that requested real names. I can see why people would want to abbreviate Caribbean Princess to CP, since Caribbean can be hard to type and remember how to spell correctly, while Coral is easy to type and remember how to spell.

My original arguement was that while it is relatively easy for us regular readers/posters figure out which ship to is being referred to, for the infrequent poster or new cruiser it can be confusing. Also, since the the search feature seems to working fairly well know, it would be nice to standardize on a scheme. I know when I hit a new board to research a trip and I figure my question has been asked many times before, I do a "search" on logical terms however with two ships (actually now three if you include the Sea Princess) this can be problematic.

Thanks for the listing globliser.

I do agree with you stoneharborlady, that CB just doesn't work for me and now that I've seen that AP & NP are the Grand and Golden well I'm with gatour...delighted that we have a search feature that works. :D

It kind of sounds like some of the Airport designations I come across that don't sound anything like the city.

I've been writing CaribeP for the Caribbean Princess.It's short enough for me and I know what it means! Since I'll be aboard her on 9/18, I want her to have a proper and distinguished name. (stoneharborlady,I'll be waving back to you to somewhere!). I, too, have no idea where CB came from or the other two for the Golden and the Grand. So,it's back to my first sentence!! Lynne

IMHO, I think it's just as easy to use "Carib Princess" or "Car P" or "Carib" or whatever than use "CP". Somehow, that to me is just laziness plus it's very confusing to new members.

I haven't been over to the RCI boards recently but I'll have to see how they're referring to the newly-renamed "Empress of the Seas" (former Nordic Empress) when there's already an Explorer of the Seas. It would be VERY confusing to use "EOS" for either ship.

Im afraid Im totally blank on the initials given to the Grand and the Golden. Do those initials really stand for something, or are they just pulled out of the air, and thats it?
GrAnd Princess and GoldeN Princess, I would have thought. Once you know them and where they come from, phonetically, there's no ambiguity left.

Maybe it explains voyage numbers...all of my voyage numbers on the Dawn began with D....my Grand with A and the Sun with S and the Caribbean with a B.....But...Oops...now I see that cruises on the Crown began with 31 and the Ocean with a 71...oh never mind...I thought I was onto something here.... :o I guess THAT could be a whole new thread.

It kind of sounds like some of the Airport designations I come across that don't sound anything like the city.

I've been writing CaribeP for the Caribbean Princess.It's short enough for me and I know what it means! Since I'll be aboard her on 9/18, I want her to have a proper and distinguished name. (stoneharborlady,I'll be waving back to you to somewhere!). I, too, have no idea where CB came from or the other two for the Golden and the Grand. So,it's back to my first sentence!! Lynne

Lynne: I will be at home in Pittsburgh on 9/18, but I promise to wave to you at five oclock. Its a fabulous ship, and you will have a great time!!! Please have a Love Boat Dream for me, and sausages for breakfast!!! Karen

And don't forget there used to be the Crown Princess. I'm betting that the newbuild (Caribbean 2) will be named either Crown Princess or Royal Princess.
Or they'd try to theme the name with her sister, Caribbean. Much like there are/were: Sun/Dawn, Ocean/Sea, Crown/Regal, Diamond/Sapphire, and Coral/Island.

Or they'd try to theme the name with her sister, Caribbean

West Indies Princess?

The original name for Caribbean Princess was Crown Princess - much evidenced, in my opinion only, by the way the forward mast, when pushed up over the bridge due to the extra deck, looks crown-like - and Princess does have a proclivity for renaming their ships...we're already on our second Pacific, Sun, Dawn, Sea, Star, Golden and Island Princesses.

Archived