7 day Tracy Arm Fjords Cruise/Seattle

Meltiphil

Yes, it is VOS. Why? I have heard good things, and bad. I feel that good and bad will come with any type of cruise ship or destination I choose. I hear good and bad about all cruiselines and ships. I guess I will have to hope for the best.

Yes, it is VOS. Why? I have heard good things, and bad. I feel that good and bad will come with any type of cruise ship or destination I choose. I hear good and bad about all cruiselines and ships. I guess I will have to hope for the best.

Are you sure you're still going? The VOS Alaska cruises have all disappeared from the Royal Caribbean site, except for a single re-locator. I thought maybe she was scheduled to in for a re-fit, because she could use one. I was on the Vision and then the Radiance back-to-back in May-June, and the differences in the ships were quite dramatic (the VOS is not as well designed and quite worn).

Murray

Vision was supposed to go to Tracy Arm Fjord in the 2006 season, but RCI dropped it from the itinerary last January and substitited a free shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier instead! If Vision is still cruising in 2007 (hadn't heard anything to the contrary until seeing Yukon's post just now), I hope they don't drop it. But as Seattle itineraries go, I think Vision offers the least.

Are you sure you're still going? The VOS Alaska cruises have all disappeared from the Royal Caribbean site, except for a single re-locator. I thought maybe she was scheduled to in for a re-fit, because she could use one. I was on the Vision and then the Radiance back-to-back in May-June, and the differences in the ships were quite dramatic (the VOS is not as well designed and quite worn).

Murray

Vision's cruises were there when I checked just now: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do;jsessionid=0000E38FpSwZsJZyMfPVQ1KC5lh:10ktmevl6?qvsHome=yes&cS=QVS&date=20072&dest=ANY&port=ANY&ship=VI&cruiseTourOnly=false&x=51&y=11

Meltiphil - I'm sure you'll have a great cruise on Vision. After all, you're going to Alaska. However, if RCI pulls a similar stunt as last year and eliminates the glacier day - I'd suggest "jumping ship"!

It also depends a GREAT deal on when you are going. Ships don't get up to within view of the Sawyers on a regular basis until mid June. Forget about any sightings in May.

The VOS also is the crappiest for deck viewing. Unless you are over 5' 8" you can't see over the front blue wind screens.

Archived