Bon Voyage Grumpy1 & Slinkie & Prinsendam 1/5 CC'ers

Ziggy7

Oh My!!! When I saw your post Grumpy, my heart sank to my toes!

First, let me say you and Slinkie in our thoughts and prayers, and also being added to a few prayer lists around the world as I type!

Secondly, I'm sorry you both made it so close to sail away and then had to cancel but am sure glad it happened before you left, if it had to happen at all.

And Thirdly, and most importantly, do as your told by the docs, nurses, and Slinkie. They will watch over you and do whats best for you :)

Big hugs to you and Slinkie! Tell Slinkie we are here for her too!

And Thirdly, and most importantly, do as your told by the docs, nurses, and Slinkie. They will watch over you and do whats best for you :)

Big hugs to you and Slinkie! Tell Slinkie we are here for her too!

Thanks to all for you continued good wishes and prayer. They are much appreciated. Slinkie, of course will be my rock through all of this. I'm just sorry to have to put her in this position... again. Her first husband had a quadruple bypass and wasn't much interested in paying attention to his doctors. It fell to Slinkie to do as much as she could to change his eating habits and in the process learned a lot about healthy diets for herself as well. She kept him going for another 10 years in spite of his efforts to ignore her advice. I promise to try to be a better patient.:)

Grumpy and Slinkie,

I have just awoken to read your bad news. So glad you are on the mend, modern medicine is wonderful and that you can now look forward to planning a similar cruise in 2008.

We have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Jennie

Jennie, thank you so much. Now you guys get on that ship tomorrow and have a fabulous cruise. We'll be thinking of you!

...................... you take life a day at a time and be thankful that you have more days ahead, regardless of how you spend them.

Grumpy, this is so true and I think the older we get the more we appreciate this. Every day I wake up I greet as a gift.

So glad you're home and listen to Slinkie!!!

Another Grumpy and Slinkie fan here wishing you a speedy recovery.........Like one poster said,be glad you were not on the ship...........

Anyway,heres to a Happy and HEALTHY new Year to the both of you..............

Grumpy, so sorry to hear of your health issues! We are glad things are going well and that you are now home. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Slinky. Believe me, we know what it is to deal with health issues. Just keep doing everything right so that you can circumnavigate South America next year!

We are leaving next week for Machu Pichu and will join the Prinsendam on the 17th at Callao. We are very sorry that you will not be with us.

I am so sorry to hear of your heart attack but I am glad to hear you are doing better! Too bad about missing the world cruise you planned for. In a way getting sick at home before you left is better than being in a strange place with unfamiliar doctors. Thank goodness for that!

Continue to do well with your recuperation. Then, soon enough, we will be hearing of your updates on another HAL cruise.

Stay well!!!!

Oh Grumpy and Slinkie! I'm so sorry this happened and so glad you are doing well at this point. You will be in our prayers for sure. Slinkie is one tough lady and a certainly a sweetheart. Be sure to listen to her.

Oh, Grumpy, how sad to hear of your heart attack. I feel your pain, well, not actually your pain, but I know the feeling. Randy and I were scheduled to be on the Dec 2, Prinsendam with Heather. We had to cancel 2 days before the cruise because Randy had a really bad bacterial infection. We are telling ourselves there will be other cruises, too. I pray you take care of yourself and do what the doctors and Slinky tell you to do. Good news is that we just found out today that our insurance is paying us for our travel expenses, so get that paperwork in order and off to the insurance company.

:eek: WOW........just not the thing you ever want to happen to anyone!!

Damn good thing you were still at home. I'd be saying a extra prayer to the "guy Upstairs" for that one!! ;)

Tell Slinkie not to spoil you too much.........and you better listen to her!! Once you get the OKAY from the Doc's I think you need to get on a Exercise program to strengthen those heart muscles!! Best wishes for a quick recovery.

I will miss the posts from the ship! :(

PH: Thanks for the heads up on this!!

Grumpy, I was so sorry to hear of your heart problems and having to cancel your cruise. Your were blessed that it happened before sailing. You are in my prayers for a quick recovery. I know Slinky will take good care of you. Hopefully we will get to take this trip together next year.

Marion

I had been saving this thread for a good time to catch up on the further delicious adventures of G and S. Imagine my surprise when reading Grumpy's response to another thread and most off all, that it was Grumpy defending his beloved Prinsendam, alive, reasonably well and ready to cruise another day.

Well I am delighted that this was the best and worst of timing and clearly demonstrates, everything happens for a reason. Get healthy and start planning your next adventure.

So very shocked and sorry to read this change in plans. What a wonderful attitude you have Grumpy, I know that attitude will carry you through (along with your wonderful wife and doctors).

Thank you for thinking of us and remembering that we were all waiting and ready to sail along with you on our computers. I counted on you to carry me through a dreary winter, but I'll listen and read of the sunshine in Naples just as easily. You are truly a remarkable gentleman, please know that you are carried each day in many hearts wishing you well.

Take care and we will be here ready and waiting to read of your progress in recovery.

So very shocked and sorry to read this change in plans. What a wonderful attitude you have Grumpy, I know that attitude will carry you through (along with your wonderful wife and doctors).

Thank you for thinking of us and remembering that we were all waiting and ready to sail along with you on our computers. I counted on you to carry me through a dreary winter, but I'll listen and read of the sunshine in Naples just as easily. You are truly a remarkable gentleman, please know that you are carried each day in many hearts wishing you well.

Take care and we will be here ready and waiting to read of your progress in recovery.

We are so glad you are OK and on land to take care of the problem, Those stents are amazing my Dad is on his 15th year with them and going strong.

Give us a day by day report of your recovery instead:D !!

Get all well soon, MaryAnn

All of this certainly threw a monkey wrench into the works as far as the plans for the cruise is concerned. There doesn’t seem to be much choice except to cancel and start planning for the same cruise in 2008.

Grumpy, I am so sorry to hear this and I wish you a very speedy and completely full recovery.

But, on the bright side ... thank God it happened while you were still at home ... with first rate medical care readily available. I would imagine a ship in the middle of the ocean is not the ideal place to suffer a heart attack ... no matter how good the medical staff onboard may be.

So for now take care of yourself ... and keep your thoughts focused on 2008 ... and the wonderful cruise adventures awaiting you on this itinerary then.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hi Grumpy,

I am so sorry to hear about your health problems and that you had to cancel your eagerly anticipated cruise. As so many others have said, thank God it happened while you were at home and not while at sea or in some foreign port.

You have a great attitude and that's half the battle. Continue to get better and better every day and, since at "our age" time flies by so quickly, 2008 will be here before you know it.

My very best wishes to both you and Slinkie.

Valerie:)

But, on the bright side ... thank God it happened while you were still at home ... with first rate medical care readily available. I would imagine a ship in the middle of the ocean is not the ideal place to suffer a heart attack ... no matter how good the medical staff onboard may be.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Grumpy's practical side know's that you all are right about the timing... but then his adventurous side says the whole thing could have been a lot more interesting had it occured in the middle of the cruise. Just think of the "live from" thread that could have been done. but then it could also have been a "barely live from" thread... Don't even want to think about the "no longer live from" thread:eek: I think I'll settle for the safety and comfort of familiar surroundings, though...

Grumpy:

Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to your nautical life. I know Slinkie will take very good care of you. I'm sorry this happened, but I'm grateful that it occurred while you were still at home. God bless and keep you and Slinkie.

Karin

ps I feel very guilty for saying this, but you are the only person I know who manages to make even a heart attack episode an entertaining read:eek:

Here I came, sneaking over here from the Princess boards, to wish you a lovely cruise! What did I find, but you two hanging about it Florida, just to see Ohio State play.................. :) May you enjoy your game as much as we enjoyed seeing our beloved Boise State at the Fiesta Bowl.

I was so sorry to hear about your heart problems, but so glad to hear that it happened at home. if it had to happen at all. You will be in so much better health next year, with Slinkies good follow up care, your supportive medical team, and your own attention to a good recovery. We have some friends on this cruise, and looked forward to you all running into one another, and reading another wonderful saga from the Grumpy Pen! I'm sure it will be worth waiting for next year!

Best of luck to you, and you have our best throughts and prayers for a speedy, and thorough recovery, and lots of patience and hugs for Slinky, too.

Hello Grumpy

Quite a bit chocked about your hard problems.

I wish you a very quick recovering and an really better progress for the remaining year 2007

Best wishes and please take good care of yourself

Anna & Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

94 days - 25'425 Nm

Future Cruise :

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March, 18 2007

event.png

:)

Dear Grumpy, I'm sending you gentle healing hugs from the "frozen tundra". Thank goodness you chose to let Slinkie know about your "discomfort", rather than think you were going to be better in the morning. Those medics/firefighters/police officers certainly know how to take good care of people in an emergency.

I know you're going to listen to lovely Slinkie and your medical team, in order to be ready to go on your 2008 World Cruise. Please let Slinkie know that I'm sending her hugs, too, because I know what she'd going through as a care-giver.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers,

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Archived