Transportion Options From Whitter to Anchorage

sunshine426

We are a party of four adults, planned on renting a car in Whitter and drop off in Anc (even with the drop off sur charge:eek:. No SUV or mini vans or available and I am concerned re space for luggage in the full size sedans available. Are their other options for transportation for four. Our flight out is not until 10pm the next day so we have almost 2 days to tour prior to our flight. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks

We are also a party of 4 and I have been thinking about the same problem for a while now. I finally figured it all out today. Our flight is at almost 10pm also and we wanted to rent a car in Whittier. I have been checking the Avis website and finally today there were mini vans available but $321 for one day with the drop off fee is unreasonable. We decided to take an independent shuttle to anchorage for $33pp and then rent a mini van in anchorage. I found the best deal with budget using the entertainment discount code. The total including taxes for the mini van is only $56. So by doing the transportation this way it is only costing $188(only $47pp) for all four of us and we will have the mini van all day. After much research and time, I checked all the rental car companies and shuttle options and this is definitely the best price and option for us to enjoy the day and fit all our luggage. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips, we booked the mini van, and are ok with the drop off charge. Yes it is expensive, but it allows us to stay in the Seward Area and take in the sights, then drive to Anchorage the next day. Now,it is time to plan the shore excursions and what to do in Seward, then on to Anchorage at our on pace. Any suggestions are well received.

Thanks for the tips, we booked the mini van, and are ok with the drop off charge. Yes it is expensive, but it allows us to stay in the Seward Area and take in the sights, then drive to Anchorage the next day. Now,it is time to plan the shore excursions and what to do in Seward, then on to Anchorage at our on pace. Any suggestions are well received.

My top tour recommendation for Seward is always a Kenai fjords boat trip. Outstanding opportunity for varied wildlife and superior close up glacier viewing, compared to anything from your ship.

Request visitor guides, http://www.sewardak.com http://www.anchorage.net

Budget Queen,

I know that you are a guru when it comes to Alaska. Can I ask a couple of questions:

1. Your best pick for tour(s) in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan - please keep in mind that we are budget minded and have done Captain Larry in Juneau, the train and White Pass in Skagway and go carts in Ketchikan.

2. Your opinion for the most effective way to get from Whittier to Anchorage, given that we are coming off a Princess cruise and our flight does not leave until midnight. Should we take Alaskan Leopard and then spend time in Anchorage before going to the airport? What should we see in Anchorage?

Thanks so much.

Archived