Flight for 12 noon on departure day?

12 noon flight means you need to be at the airport by 11:00AM. Miami to FLL is about 1/2 hour.

You should make it, but it all depends on customs/immigration.

Personally, I would opt for a flight after 1PM and not worry during the cruise if I were going to make it. JMHO.

If that is the only good flight, book it! Then, midway through your cruise, go to the customer service desk and tell them you have an early flight. They will then give you luggage tags for one of the earlier departures off the ship. If you're in the 1st-3rd group, you shouldn't have any problems! So mcuh better than trying to kill time after your cruise, waiting for some late afternoon flight!

If you can carry your own bags off then you will probably be okay. BUT, FLL is 30 to 45 minutes away from the port. Also, remember there are 7 ships disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale that day and most of those passengers will beat you to the airport so you will be waiting in lines, plus the 4 ships in Miami.

Yeah, what Wrona said.

By way of example:

We just got off the Enchantment on Wednesday.

Got to the airport in plenty of time. (first off the ship)

Barely any wait to check in luggage; short security line; plenty of seats at gate.

OH NO! Kids left a bag back at the cruise terminal! Mom has to go back and get it! (remember: we had plenty of time because it had gone so smoothly to that point)

When I get back to the cruise terminal, there are still HUNDREDS of passengers waiting to leave through Customs and Security.

Back at airport again: LONG line to check luggage. UNBELIEVABLY LONG LINE at security. NO SEATS left at gate, except the one my daughter wasn't using because she was in the bathroom. ;)

Made the flight, but not by much.

Archived