I opened my mailbox...

wrp96

AND I'M DANCING!!!

PLUS, my roommate noticed that the price had dropped for our cruise due to a residency rate. I called RCCL hoping we'd get the drop (even though it has the asterisk for new bookings only). Not only are we getting $260 back, we're also getting a better room location, closer to all our friends that we're sailing with! The only funny part is on the internet the residency rate was showing for the roommate's state but not mine, but when I called their computer's showed it for mine, but not hers.

Congrats on the price drop and who cares what state, more $$$ in your pockets.:D

Only thing. I just realized I'm going to have to get new luggage tags at the pier, since the ones I got 2 hours ago are now obsolete.:D

Only thing. I just realized I'm going to have to get new luggage tags at the pier, since the ones I got 2 hours ago are now obsolete.:D

Better room, having to get new tags...seems like a small price to pay.LOL

hey wrona, can't you just take a sharpie and put the new cabin # on your existing tags? And do you live on a state boundary, if your state of residency is different than your roommates??? ;) congrats on the savings and better cabin. I keep looking to see if ours has any savings, no such luck.

hey wrona, can't you just take a sharpie and put the new cabin # on your existing tags? And do you live on a state boundary, if your state of residency is different than your roommates??? ;) congrats on the savings and better cabin. I keep looking to see if ours has any savings, no such luck.

I think we are going to "suffer" and get new tags at the pier. Athough the Sharpie bit isn't a bad idea.

Nope I live in the center of the state. I found my wonderful roommate through Cruise Critic. I live in the South, she lives in the NorthEast but thanks to CC we discovered each other. Otherwise it was going to be a solo cruise for me (not that I would have minded that).

Keep looking on the price drops. This is the first one we've seen since booking a year ago. Others on our cruise haven't gotten one yet, but they were told to keep checking, especially on Tuesdays. The cruise 3 weeks before us is on Hot Deals so we're hoping that ours might show up soon there too, maybe slide us up to a balcony.

Did you remember to do your warm-ups and manage to not hurt yourself?? :D ;)

Have a great time, Wrona.... wish I was joining you!

No one was harmed as a result of my doc dancing, although there are sporadic reports on our roll call of a few others being injured during their dances today as well.

I think we are going to "suffer" and get new tags at the pier. Athough the Sharpie bit isn't a bad idea.

Here's the teacher's advice:

Use the sharpie now to fix the cabin number. Then when you get to the pier, IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT, you can get new, blank tags and put them on.

With this method you are covered either way. :D :D :D

Here's the teacher's advice:

Use the sharpie now to fix the cabin number. Then when you get to the pier, IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT, you can get new, blank tags and put them on.

With this method you are covered either way. :D

Yet once again I agree with Mom :D :D

Congrats Wrona :) :D

###

I think I would be hesitant to try the "Sharpie Method"....

If I recall correctly the luggage tags have got a code for the luggage handlers as to what part of the ship your cabin is located (Deck #/Forward or Aft).

If that's the case, I'd be concerned that the handlers might not notice that the cabin number written on the tag with the sharpie doesn't correspond with the part of the ship they send the luggage and my luggage could be delayed.

I'm not certain I want to follow Carol's advice in regards to luggage, considering her issues with hers this past week getting off the Enchantment.:p

hee hee hee.......point well taken.

But this one was on my kids, not on RCCL.

The only other "precaution" to take or keep in mind is this: If your bags don't arrive within a reasonable amount of time, just stroll down to the old cabin location. They are probably sitting there. ;)

Archived