day of week sign in elevator

drpepr

GUILTY! I am one of those teens that just WAIT for it. It is the highlight of my trip everytime on Voyager.. I have a picture of everyday, diffrent angles too. Quite sad.:D

Don't worry, you're not the only one who takes pictures of the elevator floor :) It's a nice way to start each page of a photo album :D

this is half true....i was on the radiance in oct, and a maintenance guy stays on deck 2 and calls the elevators down one at a time, and uses a suction cup to pull it up, and drop down the new one.....very stealthy, but he doesnt try to hide if you catch him....

the elevators that the public can use only goes to public access decks, there are more elevators in crew only areas that go down to deck 1 and below....

hope this helps...and i thoroughly enjoyed reading all the funny answers

Deck 2? I have an image of the maintenance man standing there with a toilet plunger pulling up the old plate and then pushing the new one in place. When we are on the Brilliance this fall we will have to hang around deck 2 at midnight.

We have been taking pictures of the floor plates in the elevators for years, as day headings in the photo albums. Glad to see others do it also.

Deck 2? I have an image of the maintenance man standing there with a toilet plunger pulling up the old plate and then pushing the new one in place. When we are on the Brilliance this fall we will have to hang around deck 2 at midnight.

We have been taking pictures of the floor plates in the elevators for years, as day headings in the photo albums. Glad to see others do it also.

LOL...i should of clarified more....it is a little hand held suction cup....it pulls up the old day, and then they place the new day in the slot...and it is held in my magnets.....hope this clarifies a few things for you.....

good luck finding the maitenance guys doing it....

P.S. the maintanence people know this is a big deal....they kept getting a chuckle out of us standing there waiting for it to happen....

GREG

Before digital cameras that was one of the reasons we did it. Of course now with digitals all pics are time / date stamped.

Even then it is useful when loading memory cards onto the computer by looking in the camera viewfinder for the elevator picture; then I put the memory cards in proper order so the pics go on the hard drive in sequence.

8 MP cameras burn thru the cards real fast.

I find it annoying when they change it at 11:30. :P

I remember that on the Mariner, someone accidentally put Saturday down on Monday morning. Needless to say, some drunks were VERY confused. :D

Actually, that sounds like a diabolical way for a disgruntled employee to get back at some annoying passengers! :D

Oh, you don't have to tell me that. I once had somebody convinced that if you had an extra berth in your cabin, that is where they put the guest entertainers who they bring onboard for a night or two.

Isn't that how Carol met ... uh, nevermind ... ;)

Oh, you don't have to tell me that. I once had somebody convinced that if you had an extra berth in your cabin, that is where they put the guest entertainers who they bring onboard for a night or two.

Did you have to bring that up here on this board. You know they read these boards at RCI headquarters. Some bean counter is probably running around there now telling some executive that he's figured out how to free up those cabins they give to the entertainers on each cruise......:rolleyes:

I am far from a teenager, but have to admit on the AOS we rode the elevator down to floor 2 at midnight. The crew member that was changing the day used a screw driver to pry up one day and put down another. He thought it was hilarious when a elevator full of grown ups came to watch him. He let us do some of the elevators and we took many funny pictures. We ran into many other times on the ship and everytime we would all laugh. I am sure he was thinking what idiots, but he was very nice about it.

I am far from a teenager, but have to admit on the AOS we rode the elevator down to floor 2 at midnight. The crew member that was changing the day used a screw driver to pry up one day and put down another. He thought it was hilarious when a elevator full of grown ups came to watch him. He let us do some of the elevators and we took many funny pictures. We ran into many other times on the ship and everytime we would all laugh. I am sure he was thinking what idiots, but he was very nice about it.

Maybe you will think that I'm pathetic, but............

I think that that's great! I would LOVE to be allowed to change the name plates! It's a great cruise story.

And I'm just going to sit here and IGNORE Lorna and Wrona!!!!!! :eek:

Maybe you will think that I'm pathetic, but............

NOOO!!! Never!!!

I think that that's great! I would LOVE to be allowed to change the name plates! It's a great cruise story.

Carol, I too would love the opportunity to get to change the name plates too. Hmm, something to see about in a month.

And I'm just going to sit here and IGNORE Lorna and Wrona!!!!!! :eek:

Why? We both know that's not how you met!

Archived