best place to stay close to Port of Miami...

We are sailing March 24th on Voyager. We are going to arrive Thursday night and need a place Friday night near the port (Thurs. we will be in Ft. Lauderdale for dh to work)). We will need 3 rooms and ours will need to accommodate 4 people (2 kids, 4 and 6). Any good ideas?

Thanks,

Shannon

The Intercontinental was fabulous. If you book via Hotline you don't see the hotel name, but it shows up w/a laundry room onsite as an amentity. We did this and it was $104 for the night and it is gorgeous. Within walking distance to Bayside Marketplace and if you get a port view you can see the ship in the a.m.!

This is another reccommendation for the Holiday Inn. Walking distance to Bayside, Walgreens, Ross Store, AArena and the People Mover, if you have to travel a little. Bayside has all the shopping, some entertainment and many restaurants, as well as local water tours of the harbor and Miami Beach on smaller boats.

We are Intercontinental fans and used Hotwire as masonpips noted. We booked for Dec 17 and paid 95.00 per night. Betterbidding.com is a good site to check to learn what hotels are most likely available via Hotwire. I use Priceline as well but find Hotwire provides better clues to what you're bidding on.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for our first cruise with Voyager. As we flew in the day before from Switzerland, I woke up around 4 AM. Looked out of the window and just saw Voyager pulling into the harbor. It was perfect!

Will stay there again for our Brilliance cruise next march. I hope we get a harbor view room again.

Marc

We just got back from the Freedom of the Seas ---- wonderful!

For our pre-cruise I booked a night at the Fairfield - Marriott which then changed hands to the current name of ATLANTIC OCEANFRONT HOTEL.

The location (Collins Ave. Miami Beach) was great but the hotel management was horrible!!! There was a malfunctioning fire alarm that started to go on and off in the afternoon and continued ALL NIGHT! The staff and management of this hotel was aweful!

Avoid this hotel!!! We were told it will change names again soon, but the owner/management will remain the same.....HORRIBLE!!!!!

I should have referred to the comments of this website earlier. Live and learn.

I have plenty of time to look for Nov 23 check in and out nov 24 for LOS cruise...but i looked into hotwire and found a 3 star condo in Miami Beach. Any ideas what this can be. It is for 79 with tax bringing it to 94. It said it includes breakfast.

Archived