People say and ask the darnest things!!!

I read this board everyday like most of you. Some of the questions and comments are serious, some are informative, some are even unfortunate BUT ..... some of them are down right hilarious and amazing!!!

What is the most memorable posting any of you have read????

I KNOW you guys have something in mind .... let's hear it!!!!!

Gives us something to chat about at the Meet & Mingle on the AOS, October 15, 2004 !!!!

Pour me a cocktail ..... let's talk!!!

We were sharing a table for lunch one day on the ship. This is the conversation:

"So, where are you folks from?"

"Texas. . .and you guys?"

"We're from Vancouver"

"Oh, it's so BEAUTIFUL there!!"

"Oh, so you've been to Vancouver?"

"Well, I've been to Montreal"

. . .

I had to eplain to her that the two cities were as close as LA and NY.

Then that same couple is now joined by some other Texan friends, Mike and I are now just listening. . .

"So what do y'all have planned for your next cruise"

"Wall, there's a great deal out of San Diego for a cruise that goes down to South America. We thank we're gunna do that wun."

"South America, wow, what are the ports?"

"It gowse to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Alcapulco"

dunce.gif

Has Mexico migrated and no one told me?

cherith

Your post gave me a good laugh.

The posts that I think are funny are when someone says something negative about the cruise they had and then everyone jumps on them for not liking something. These boards are supposed to be about people sharing their opinion, but people are acting like their mother was insulted when a negative comment is made about RCCL. When I see a review I do not agree with I just ignore it and look at another one! Eveyone likes something different so I chalk it up to personality differences.

I don't have my own but I remember two of the 10 funniest questions our CD on Century told us:

1) "What elevator should I take to get to the front part of the ship"

2) "Do ships produce their own energy?" (Duh...No, they have big cable attached to the land ;) )

The crockpot thread on the old Carnival board! Someone actually asked if they could bring a crockpot onboard! The thread went to George Foreman grills, to possum pie, you name it!!! We were all going to cook on someone's balcony!!! It was just tooooo funny! :D

These are great! You have to learn to laugh at people, it's great! But I'd hate for someone to play back MY life and repeat all the things I have said, can't you just imagine?

What triggered this question was the thread about "throngs". She wanted to know if she could wear a throng onboard or if it was unacceptable on RCCL. She apparently had only cruised Carnival cruise lines and the reasoning being they 'do anything'! Anyway, the question was only half of the story ......

The answers brought laughter to my day, like:

"I don't know, you need to forward a picture so I can decide".

People are great!!!! Life is short ..... enjoy and laugh!!!

.... don't forget to cruise everychance you get!!!!

Tatka, I LOVE that one about the elevator to the front!! LOL

How about this one. . .I was trying to explain to a Texan where Winnipeg was, because it is where I was born.

He'd never heard of it, so I said it was in the province of Manitoba, and he'd never heard of THAT. . .so I told him it was just north of North Dakota. . .

His response?

"Wall, thars nuthin' north of North Dakota"

LOL

Also we were flying back to Vancouverfrom Denver, we circled around the city to approach the airport from the ocean side, and this woman says to her travel companion

"What's all that water out there?"

He says "It's the Pacific Ocean"

She waits a second and sounds VERY disappointed and says: " Oh. . . I thought it was bigger than that. . ."

LOL I guess she thought Vancouver Island was Japan!!!

I have one of my own personal questions....It's hard to admit what an absolute moron I am....but I will.

I was reading a thread about cork fees and since I had never cruised at the time I responded that rather than pay Disney waitstaff to uncork me I would just bring my own corkscrew and do it myself at the dinner table. I proceeded to say that I wasn't cheap just frugal. Well needless to say I was put in my place pretty fast and by a moderator! He made me feel like an idiot!

I wrote him back and said "thanks so much for making me feel like a doofus...appreciate it!"

aw..shucks amberglow...don't fret nun.

soon as I get back from plowin up the back 40.I'm gunna set them folks streat,streight...straight(sorry,had to look that one up)

hey girl...don't forget about the roll call...We have a few more signed up.!!

Are you packed yet?

brn2crz,

When you are plowing up the back 40 and you hit any of that black gold, oil that is....... you can cruise as often as you wanna:D

oopppps this is not a Texas thread.

I think the darndest thing that I have heard is from my DH...... And how many days do you think we will be sailing? You have packed your entire closet.... you can't wear all of those clothes!

This one comes up quite often when I talk too folks who've never cruised. I would never cruise I'd get bored just sitting on a boat for a week! or the other variant- there is nothing to do but eat (making the statenent though they've never cruised). while not humorous my jaw always drops and I give little shake of my head in shocked exasperration and pity for these poor lost souls who know not their ignorance. But on the bright side that means there are more open cabins for us enlightened Parrotheads. Yes I am a pirate --200 years to late. the cannons dont thunder there's nothin' to plunder I'm an under 40 victim of fate.

The silliest question I have been asked was during breakfast on the Rhapsody to Mexico was :

Q: Do y'all have chill'en. ?

A: no, we are a childless couple by choice

Q:Ya gonna have sum soon?

A :confused:

Archived