Millie Update Jan 14th cruise.

robhil

First let me take the time to thank all the people who post on this board. As someone who is about to board this weeks sailing you have been a wealth of knowledge.

My way of paying you all back is a commitment. I noticed nobody on the recent sailing sent any updates as to the status of the boat.

I also found it interesting that a number of people considered Nassau to have been taken out of the Itinerary. Note: this weeks cruise never had it on they have 2 different sailings in the East and this week Nassau was not to be included.

So how do I pay you all back? I make the following commitment. If in fact we have any problems related to either the pods or the electrical that result in us not making any of our destinations I will update the board, noting in the subject "Millie Update for ______". In other words no news is good news. Hopefully I won't have to spend money to give you an update.

On the flip side if all works out, I will post an update on Jan 22nd upon my return.

Hoping I don't have to write to you until then. Thanks again and enjoy it, if not your wasting it.

Robhil - Thanks in advance for your willingness to keep us informed on Millie's situation. The greatest thing about these boards is having access to information that is not available from X itself, or that X is simply unwilling to share. When I was flying down to Santiago for our 12/3 cruise on Infinity I was on the same plane with a lot of other folks headed for the same cruise. I spoke to several of them while waiting for our flight and none of them were aware at all that Infinity was having pod problems. During the week before we sailed I called several times once I had learned - from someone posting from onboard - that Infinity had arrived late in Lima due to the pods and stayed on longer to effect repairs, requiring that they skip Arrica. Calls to X provided no information, then false information, and finally an assurance that all was well, no ports would be missed, etc. As it turned out we were late into one port and had to skip the Chilean fjords cruising due to the pods being unable to hit 22 knots. If nothing else, at least we were mentally prepared for some problems with our cruise.

First let me take the time to thank all the people who post on this board. As someone who is about to board this weeks sailing you have been a wealth of knowledge.

My way of paying you all back is a commitment. I noticed nobody on the recent sailing sent any updates as to the status of the boat.

I also found it interesting that a number of people considered Nassau to have been taken out of the Itinerary. Note: this weeks cruise never had it on they have 2 different sailings in the East and this week Nassau was not to be included.

So how do I pay you all back? I make the following commitment. If in fact we have any problems related to either the pods or the electrical that result in us not making any of our destinations I will update the board, noting in the subject "Millie Update for ______". In other words no news is good news.

Hopefully I won't have to spend money to give you an update.

On the flip side if all works out, I will post an update on Jan 22nd upon my return.

Hoping I don't have to write to you until then. Thanks again and enjoy it, if not your wasting it.

Thanks for your willingness to keep us updated, I will be looking forward to your 1/22/07 posting. Scheduled for the 1/28 sailing, so your postings will be very welcome.

Hope you have a great cruise!

A cheap alternative for giving updates would be to use an email to a friend or CC member who could post for you. An email could be sent for $2.00 while onboard. When I've used the onboard connection, normal posting is so slow that reading and replying to couple of emails through the net would easily take 10 minutes or more (depending on typing skills and corrections)

Logging onto the boards, creating a thread, getting the infamous "white out" at 75 cents a minute... would add up much faster.

Just a thought...

I'll be onboard Century for a couple of weeks and everything is always perfect on her... even the coffee is heavenly:rolleyes:... Well that's a stretch...I guess few people would believe that news coming from any X ship...

We are booked on the 1/28/07 cruise and I will continue to watch this board for updates! Thanks in advance for committing to a post-cruise wrap-up! Wouldn't mind more time in San Juan (butterflies) or St. Thomas (perfume/jewelry), but thanks to this enlightening and educational thread, I'll be ready for almost anthing they throw at us! Glad I have that balcony in CC class!

;) GatorNoleCruiser (first posting!)

Costa Flavia - 1973

Big Red Boat - Atlantic - 1985

Big Red Boat - Oceanic? - 1992

Celebrity Horizon - 1/31/2005 (honeymoon!)

Celebrity Millennium - 1/28/07 (anniversary)

I'm just an interested bystander on this one, but having just sailed Millie in November, and would consider her again, I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

GatorNole, my sympathies on how conflicted y'all must have been Monday evening - hope all is well now. SEC Rocks!!

Arno - I know what you mean about the wireless "white out". There was a 15% off coupon in our Captain's Club book, which eased the pain somewhat. Sometimes it ran faster in port, sometimes not. Sometimes it ran faster during one of the dinner seatings, sometimes not. Go figure. Dare I say that the missed port cabin credits can also be applied (wishing it were not necessary)?

Cabo

robhil ~ thanks so much for your willingness to keep our members updated. I know everyone appreciates it.

If you are using your own computer on the ship, I highly recommend typing the info you want to post in a word document first, then copying and pasting it into a post on the boards. I did this on Century last month and it worked much better than trying to type while I was on line. Arno's option is a good one as well.

Here's wishing you a terrific (and uneventful) cruise! ENJOY!

Bon Voyage!

we will be on board for the jan 14 sailing (leaving tomorrow to fly south)

so i am sure we will bump into you while we are sailing the blue seas (or at least i hope its going to be blue seas with two pods)

Archived