How long to wait?

trout96

How long should I wait before calling the TA again. I have recieved nothing for my up coming trip( I know it is a long way off but I like to plan). I booked over the phone for the first time. It has been more than three weeks.Heck the credit card bill is already paid but have gotten no brochures or anything. I am going on a new ship for a 12 day cruise and would like to know about laundry service and what the ship has to offer. How much time does it usually take to get some information?

Denise

What kind of information are you looking for? Cruise lines don't send out anything to passengers until they send out the cruise tickets, which is usually two weeks before the cruise. No one is going to send you any pre-cruise goodies, unless you're sailing on one of the luxury lines like Crystal or Seabourn---those lines send out really nice pre-cruise packets---but mass market lines don't do that. To find out what you want to know, you'll have to go to the cruise line's website or go to your TA and get a brochure. But like I said, you're not going to be getting anything about your cruise until the cruise line sends out your cruise tickets two weeks before you leave.

Hi Denise,

I don't know if Carnival sends out a pre-cruise packet. Princess does, and it usually comes about 2 months before the cruise.

As Darcie said, go to http://www.Carnival.com for answers to some of your questions. You can also order brochures there.

For instance, here's the link to the laundry services offered:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Laundry_Services.aspx

and here's the link to the Freedom:

http://www.carnival.com/Ship_Detail.aspx?shipCode=FD

I've found the best way to get specific answers is to ask here on CC :) !

you will most likely not get anything until the documents arrive about 30 days prior.

I suggest checking the cruiselines' website, plus that of your line here on CC. Also, go over to the roll calls forum and see if others are sailing with you.

Honestly, the TA won't have anything for you that you can't find on line.....

I use a TA....but only "just in case..." I had a "just in case" a couple years ago on a land trip to Puerto Vallarta....my TA earned my business for MANY years by fixing it for me, long distance.......

If you can't find the answers to your questions on Carnival's website, this is the place to ask. I've never gotten enough info on a ship or cruise from the brochures anyway. So ask away, but I would do that on the Carnival forum, where the Carnival experts hang out.

You should have received by now a confirmation with your reservation number and other particulars. Did you put down a deposit only, or did you pay in full? Since you have received nothing, I would be calling. At the very least, you need your reservation number so you can confirm you are on the ship.

Archived