Does NCL allow tours of empty cabins

Rusty Trombone

I'd be interested to see what other accomdations look like. I've got a balcony cabin, but I'd like to see an inside cabin or an ocean view room, maybe even a suite. I know they have pictures on the website, but I'm sure they don't do it justice.

Anyone know if they allow this?

I used to work for Princess Cruises and I can honestly say that they sailed at greater than 99% capacity. I assume NCL does the same. You can't make money if nobody is in the cabin. They sell them off cheap and then try to upsell you on the tours, booze, etc. to make some money off of the passengers. If there are any upper category cabins available close to sail time, the deputy purser always went through the lists and upgraded people into those nicer cabins (either people who had travelled with Princess a lot or were traveling on a special occasion).

I agree with the previous poster...

Your best chance to see a cabin (other than your own) is to walk around during disembarkation on the last day. If that is not possible, I have seen other cabins by simply walking around and just popping my head inside while it is being cleaned by a cabin steward. You can always use the excuse that you are lost and wanted to ask him directions.

I'd be interested to see what other accomdations look like. I've got a balcony cabin, but I'd like to see an inside cabin or an ocean view room, maybe even a suite. I know they have pictures on the website, but I'm sure they don't do it justice.

Anyone know if they allow this?

At the end of every cruise my wife and I start at the lowest deck and end up in the owners suite, checking out all the different types of cabins on the ship. We take notes and end up losing them by the time we book the next cruise, but it is good fun! Happy cruising. :) :)

get to the terminal early and embark early. instead of going to eat right away, walk the halls of the cabins you want to see. all the rooms are open and made up. just can't linger too long as theoccupant(s) may walk in on you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived