Top 5 reasons you enjoy cruising

fun4us2do

Hi everyone! We were curious to find out what the allure is about cruising that keeps you coming back for more and more. Aside from some of the more obvious answers, we're hoping for some of the more unique and personal reflections of what it is about cruising that you enjoy so much. Since we started this thread, we'll go first!

1) It is soooo nice leaving the working world to truely relax and break free from the "daily grind" with the freedom and openness of the ocean.

2) We rarely have the occassion to "dress-up," and enjoy sharing our brief moments of eloquence in each others company.

3) A cruise gives us 100% free time for ourselves to enjoy each other as we wish from the moment we embark, and because of this, our cruise always feels longer than what it really is!

4) Experiencing the unique and flavorful cuisine.

5) Visiting many new places and not having to ask for directions! lol

Vince & Anita

1-- the price

you get alot for what youre paying for ,, its the only way to vacation

2.-- the entertainment

different kinds of shows, music, etc

3---- the food

everything about the food

4--- making new friends

5-- visiting a lot of places in one trip

going to more than 1 place, exploring

these are not in any particular order, just things we like about cruising

melissa

1. People are so much friendlier on cruises than on other vacations.

2. You can experience 2, 3 or 4 completely different cultures, coming away with a new understanding of each.

3. You can't call home (well now you can) or start doing housework.

4. No worries about drinking and driving. Just find your way back to cabin. LOL.

5. It's an incredible value for so much pampering, food, entertainment, etc. Who could resist?

1. Being able to get away from everything & everyone and just concentrating on having fun, and yourself & or your family.........for a change.

2. Being able to experience different foods, cultures, places and having lifelong memories of fun, beautiful places & things that you were lucky enough to experience.....trying things you've never done, and just enjoying life (to sum it up).

3. Drink all you want and not having to explain to the officer that you haven't dropped a drink all night..........however, finding the correct stateroom at 2 in the morning can be a challenge, but you don't have to drive;)

4. Not having to worry about eating alone(someone around you somewhere is always eating at the same time you are)while you stare across the ocean,from the back of the ship looking at the trail you've made in the ocean while you take in the ocean breezes & ocean air.(in-between bites)

5. Planning your next one while you are in the middle of the one you are on. Telling yourself I'm/we're gonna do this again because it's all about being happy & having fun. That makes it priceless.:)

• As soon as I set foot on the ship I feel totally free of responsibilities other than my husband and myself.
  • No cooking or cleaning (other than making the cabin easy for the stewart to clean)
  • Entertainment every single day and night.
  • Different place to dine everyday within walking distance.
  • All the ports, excursions, shopping, meeting new people.

I could go on but you said five. :D

We often think about doing land tours again, but for the price, convience, and everything that's offered. You can't beat cruising.

Hey we're loving the responses:D It's very interesting and insightful of what the cruise experience is for each individual. I know after our first cruise,(prior to finding CC) I was depressed and didn't cook for 3 days. The food was so beautifully prepared, I just couldn't make our meals like all those delicious dishes we were served. I've since learned it was "post cruise depression" and found the only cure is to Keep On Cruisin' lol:D

Vince

Hey we're loving the responses:D It's very interesting and insightful of what the cruise experience is for each individual. I know after our first cruise,(prior to finding CC) I was depressed and didn't cook for 3 days. The food was so beautifully prepared, I just couldn't make our meals like all those delicious dishes we were served. I've since learned it was "post cruise depression" and found the only cure is to Keep On Cruisin' lol:D

Vince

Vince

1. If I'm on a cruise, I'M ON VACATION! :D

2. Getting a taste of areas before booking a week at a resort somewhere! :eek:

3. Doing things I can't do at home like the canopy tours, snorkeling, eating authentic Mexican! :p

4. Doing nothing and not feel guilty about it! :o

5. Meeting great people! :)

1 - being pampered for a week

2 - seeing more than one destination in a trip

3 - being on a floating hotel (only have to unpack ONCE!)

4 - people at home can't get to you unless it's a real emergency

5 - wonderful anticipation in planning for the various ports

1. Pampering (I always feel like a queen)

2. Price (more bang for the buck than any other type of vacation)

3. Food, food, and more food

4. Waking up in a different country every day

5. "Mommy, what's for dinner?" "Whatever you want honey, this is Freestyle!) - and I don't have to cook it!

1 - Value & quality for money, entertainment, food etc

2 - feeling special and pampered

3 - Total escapism, no phones, no internet (for me!)

4 - Early morning coffee and pastries on the balcony

5 - Being able to dress up for formal nights

1. Being on the ocean, we love the ocean, especially early am and late pm, when everyone else is sleeping or partying.

2. Having every meal served to me, not having to prepare them myself.

3. My Type A husband completely relaxing. Ok, he still tidies the cabin several times a day, but he also takes the time to read a book and take naps :)

4. Not having to drive on vacation, I'd prefer sticking pins in my eyes rather than being cooped up in a car for hours on end.

5. Wearing nice clothes every night to dinner. (I'd prefer formal night to be eliminated and in its place, semi-formal every night of the cruise. I love nice clothes and enjoy seeing people looking good, but the formal stuff is too confusing for the masses. Nice cocktail dresses or evening pantsuits, men in sportscoats or suits every night, it would be lovely.)

What a fun question and I don't think I can add much to the list: it looks like we all have similar reasons for loving cruise vacations:

1-seeing so much in such a short time

2-being totally free to do what I want, when I want.

3-pampering

4-price; it is still the best vacation value there is, especially if you choose a mass market line. When you get to the luxury lines it isn't quite as affordable for many.

5-meeting so many people in such a short period of time. A regular vacation, even an all inclusive resort doesn't offer this.

NMntia

In addition to everything else that's already been posted:

walking barefoot to my pedicure appointment

hiding under the covers early in the morning while my hubby answers the gentle knock and the sweet sound of "room service"......

........joining hubby for breakfast on the balcony in a robe with my hair in a mess as we sail along or revel in the exicitement of gliding into a new port....all while sipping a fresh, strong cup of coffee...that I didn't have to brew...

feeling like a little kid again and gazing in wonderment at how our cabin was transformed (while we were at dinner) into a very cozy, dimly lit little retreat with chocolates and a fun little towel critter. (although this has been known to interupt our plans to see a show as we wind up "turning in" early instead :rolleyes: )

For those mornings when I wake up early...walking around the public areas at 4am and seeing the ship fresh and clean with no one else up yet. Getting a cup of tea and visiting with the overnight crew and finding out about thier homelands, families etc.

1. The excitement and anticipation of being on vacation and spending some quality time with my DH.

2. The sights and sounds of the ocean, breathing in the clean satly air.

3. The total pampering you get, from the meals to your bed turned down every night.

4. The fun of getting dressed up with my DH, or my family - and taking some pictures while we are looking so good!

5. Visiting different land and countries all in one trip, something you can't get from a land vacation.

(sigh) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about cruises I have taken, and cruises I have yet to take!

OK. I'll try to narrow it...

1-VALUE--SO much for a great price

2-Virtually ANY trip is a good trip--I'm traveling1

3-News junkie who has discovered the freedom of very limited communication w/ the world

4-Meeting people that I would not be able to otherwise

5-Being able to do EVERYTHING...or nothing at all......:)

It's difficult to narrow it down, but here goes:

1. Total escape from the ordinary, everyday life

2. Visit beautiful places

3. Great service, food, entertainment included

4. Opportunity to meet fellow PAX from many places

5. Total escape from the ordinary, everyday life

Yes, I know # 1 and # 5 are the same, but that is the most important thing for me, and warrants double mention.

Archived