Diamond access to concierge lounge

Joaniers

My information is that they will not be allowed. While some people may argue this dicission by RCL I think it's for the better of everyone. Imagine if everyone in a suite or every diamond member asked for a friend or family member to have CL access what it will be like. Wont be fair to the folks who paid the premium price for the perks.

Oh yea, we did have an original topic,didnt we??

Princess RR to you,San:)

Hey RSS............you can always have the your family/friends be put on a waitlist if they really wanted a GS........Im sure one will come up when final payment is due,if not before.........

A step ahead of you on that one. We are on a wait list for a GS.

:) Both my wife & I are Diamond level.IMHO the concerige club needs to be limited to Diamond/Diamond Plus & their cabin mates.Any one else would be taking advantage & that will spoil it for all who have loyalty to RCCL.

So people that spend the money on the big suites would be taking advantage and don't warrent access? You may not have meant it that way, but thats the way it came across.

For Gods Sake people it is not a typo!! I am looking at the brand new 2007-2008 caribbean book !! Why they keep doing it is just a mystery:cool::confused: A small asterick next to the Junior suite stating that cl is not included would work??

I know!

My information is that they will not be allowed. While some people may argue this dicission by RCL I think it's for the better of everyone. Imagine if everyone in a suite or every diamond member asked for a friend or family member to have CL access what it will be like. Wont be fair to the folks who paid the premium price for the perks.

Hey GC, we already decided on no guests......so, how do you feel about JSs being given access to the CL? You mean, like, premium price for Junior Suites?

OOOOOKAAAAAAY, Princess RR it is........&%$&&^##!!!, the things I have to stoop to to keep peace around here:rolleyes:

Hey Bean, I recognize Riff Raff when I see it......it's usually people from Florida, but every once in a while, some come from elsewhere.....I recognize them, because being one myself, I see my reflection in the mirror each morning.

Riff Raff from FL:mad: ?????????

Ok, i'll remember that next May when you want to cruise with me and some fellow Floridians.............

I think he was directing that at me. :(

Hey GC, we already decided on no guests......so, how do you feel about JSs being given access to the CL? You mean, like, premium price for Junior Suites?

OOOOOKAAAAAAY, Princess RR it is........&%$&&^##!!!, the things I have to stoop to to keep peace around here:rolleyes:

Parrothead to be very honest I have never used the CL but it looks like a small space and there are many JS's on these ships so I would say leave it for GS's and up. I will be in a GS for the first time this May on Serenade OS and will be in GS, so then I will be able to give my first hand opinion.

We all know that those in a JS do not have concierge access and are not intended to have it at this point. I was in a JS on the Serenade and would not have dreamed of presenting a brochure and insisting on getting into the CL. Because I know that isn't really a JS perk.

This little rant of mine about JS access isn't directed at you sanjoseca. Your post was just a good one to clarify my thoughts on it.

I don't believe in cheating on technicalities. That's my point. :)

Just because you know that and I know that does not mean that the VAST MAJORITY of cruisers knows that. A very small % are on these boards and those who are not booked their trip under the presumption that they were entitled to the CL.

I'm not sure what brochure people are talking about but I DO have the large magazine sized Caribbean Vacation Planner here before me. Under "Can I Get Concierge Service?" on page 88 is states that it is for "guests booked in R, FS, OS or GS category suites. No mention of JS. I got this magazine on board. Maybe some Travel Agents are handing out old info and brochures beyond RCI's control.

BUT..........if we want to be picky and demand what is stated in the magazine - our 18-20 year olds should still be permitted to drink wine and beer if we sign a waiver. I got this magazine last August after the new rule was implemented. It's right there on page 89 that all they need is a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.

Maybe some of us expect too much by thinking RCI should have to collect and throw out every single piece of advertising material every time one policy change takes place.

And maybe there is something in the cruise contract that states that their most current corporate policy overrides any written policy in their advertising. I haven't read the cruise contract since my first cruise almost 3 years ago so I don't remember what the contract states. But it could be there.

Just because you know that and I know that does not mean that the VAST MAJORITY of cruisers knows that. A very small % are on these boards and those who are not booked their trip under the presumption that they were entitled to the CL.

I didn't say the vast majority - did I? But I do believe it now that you mention it. My first cruise was on the Navigator of the Seas in a JS and I didn't for a minute think I had concierge service. In fact I didn't know there was a concierge lounge until a friend/business associate of my husband's whose sister works in Miami for RCI (management) said he'd get us access to the CL for our first cruise as a favor. We appreciated the favor, enjoyed it, even if it was boring since no one was ever in there for the most part. They had big trays of hot appetizers, too. Maybe everyone showed up before late seating after we had left. We had early seating and never went back after dinner.

If people are making their reservations on line, they sure can't believe they have CL access whether they are CC members or not. No where that I've seen on line has it stated JS has CL access. And I still can't find it in the RCI magazine that I have - althought there are over 90 pages of info. Maybe it's in there somewhere.

But I do believe the vast majority of first time JS cruisers, like myself, haven't given CL access a passing thought because they probably don't know it exists.

Just my take on it, for what it's worth. Nothing, I know.

MOmmabean

You get the post of the week..........and I couldn't agree more:D

Which post, this one?

I think he was directing that at me. :(

Oh, do you mean about the waiver? :D Had I been more aware at the time I darn well would have demanded to sign the waiver for my then 20 year old daughter. After all, on her cruise the year before she was able to enjoy a glass of wine with me at the platinum/diamond party - she was 19 years old at that time and didn't even jump overboard after partaking of the alcohol. :rolleyes:

Wow - I just had something new happen after this post, I got a thank you for posting and a message that they were taking me to my post. That's a first. I almost panicked thinking I had lost my post. I just had to do an edit to throw this in. Anyone else getting any new posting messages?

On page 78 of the Brand NEW 2007-2008 caribbean vacation planner it states that all 5 suite levels receive complimentary concierge service on all Radiance and Voyager-family ships it also says to turn to page 118 for more info......Which states "Can I get concierge service?" Answer is.......Complimentary concierge service is availble to guests booked in suites on select ships. It goes on to state the amenities..... "Typo":confused:

I'm not sure what brochure people are talking about but I DO have the large magazine sized Caribbean Vacation Planner here before me. Under "Can I Get Concierge Service?" on page 88 is states that it is for "guests booked in R, FS, OS or GS category suites. No mention of JS. I got this magazine on board. Maybe some Travel Agents are handing out old info and brochures beyond RCI's control.

BUT..........if we want to be picky and demand what is stated in the magazine - our 18-20 year olds should still be permitted to drink wine and beer if we sign a waiver. I got this magazine last August after the new rule was implemented. It's right there on page 89 that all they need is a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.

Maybe some of us expect too much by thinking RCI should have to collect and throw out every single piece of advertising material every time one policy change takes place.

And maybe there is something in the cruise contract that states that their most current corporate policy overrides any written policy in their advertising. I haven't read the cruise contract since my first cruise almost 3 years ago so I don't remember what the contract states. But it could be there.

This one .............couldn't agree more

And I still can't find it in the RCI magazine that I have - althought there are over 90 pages of info. Maybe it's in there somewhere.

Mommabean, here's what's causing the crapstorm. In the 2007/2008 RCI Caribbean brochure, there is a section that called "Pick A Room, Any Room." Under that section, the room types are split up. Under the "Suites," it lists all the categories of suites, in which they included JS.

Now, stay with me. If you flip to the back in the fine print sections where it addresses who gets concierge service, it simply says "suites." (unlike in the past where is specified GS, OS, etc.)

On page 78 of the Brand NEW 2007-2008 caribbean vacation planner it states that all 5 suite levels receive complimentary concierge service on all Radiance and Voyager-family ships it also says to turn to page 118 for more info......Which states "Can I get concierge service?" Answer is.......Complimentary concierge service is availble to guests booked in suites on select ships. It goes on to state the amenities..... "Typo":confused:

Wow, they sure screwed up then. My vacation planner is from 2006-2007 and says "updated". :o

Well, there you have your disclaimer though if it's as you say and I have no reason to doubt you. It says "in suites on select ships". I guess they have selected NO ships. :D

and FYI..........this is the SECOND time there has been a brochure hubub over this.......

I don't remember the first one........but it was 2003 or 2004 something like that.........it has happened before.

Especially the ones paying $1000 over the price of a D1. They are told when they attempt to get in the Suite line at check in and are told that they are not a real suite, just a big room with a tub.

Gee, we have always gotten priority boarding while staying in a JS and that was before we made Diamond!!

And, if you book when the itineraries are first announced, like we do, the price of our JS has never been $1000 over a D1 at the time of booking.

Archived