Where did customer service go?

harleycruises

ImMom,

No matter what line or what ship you are going to read some negatives things; most are over exagerated at best. Nothing is perfect and some think it should be: some want champange and are only willing to pay for cheap wine, as for this posting, we haven't heard a word back, at this time, from the poster. This is always considered a red flag. Why people come on and blast a ship, a cruise or whatever, is anyones guess. As Duff Man said, as soon as you see words like "everyone" you know you have a person who exagerates. Please come to the boards, ask questions and plan to enjoy your cruise. I am sure you will. NMNita

Another first post and all negative, lots of those lately, funny about that. Also I have cruised with people just like this OP. they are almost a sterotype.

It may be all negative to you they are entitled to their opinion.

What has " another first post " to do with anything , are they less relevant than say someone like yourself? If I had my way I would not have post credits, it appears to encourage some to aim for the 5000 and off topic comments along the way. :) :)

What has " another first post " to do with anything , are they less relevant than say someone like yourself? If I had my way I would not have post credits, it appears to encourage some to aim for the 5000 and off topic comments along the way. :) :)

actually I didn't go OT until there was no response to.

"1.welcome to cruise critic.

2. Sounds like you didn't have a nice time.

3. Can you gave us some specifics of the rudeness?

4. Isn't NCL leaving Houston?

5. did you complain to anyone?

The smoking problem is a problem with your fellow cruisers---did you say anything or report the problem?

Most of us don't do cruise company excursions or know before we go what to expect. "

SInce the OP decided not to respond(which frankly I can't really blame them given some of the parsing of the original post), I don't see any reason to stay on topic. but this thread should be allowed to die...your post and mine for that matter just pops it up to the top....imo

Let's not be so quick to disregard negative posters and first time posters who are negative. My "Thanks" to many, who respond to these posts, rather than ignore them. So much good information is shared when these posts appear, that the newbie cruiser is able to get a much better picture of what their expectations should be.

Information is only as good as it's received. When I was ready to take my first cruise, I found the responses to the negative posts to be very valuable. The info covered so many areas, many of which I wouldn't even thought to ask questions about.

So... informed cruise critics, keep responding to these posts, so other may learn and others may be entertained!:D

Fight the fare increase ! vote for George O Brian ! and get Charlie(Harley) off the MTA(NCL)...poor old Charlie :) or is that poor old Harlie???

someone is going to report me as OT...

"Charlie" did get off the MTA he is now lost in the "Big Dig"

I went on my first cruise in 1988 on the NCL Southward. The wife and I had a terrible time. She got seasick the first two days and did not enjoy it and I got seasick the last two days and didn't enjoy it. By the way, it was a four day cruise. I couldn't blame NCL for it because the seas being rough were not NCL's fault although I wish that ship had better stablizers. Did I come on a message board and complain? No. Well, did they even have message boards back then? No. So, what did I do? I stayed away and did not go on another ocean cruise until last year; 16 years later and let me tell you, I had such a great time that I almost cried when I had to walk off the Spirit when the cruise came to an end. If the original poster was not happy with his NCL cruise, let him stay home next time..for 16 years, at least.

Down under,

as I am sure you know 1st post, super negative, screams troll. That is what it has to do with anything.

I believe that bychance just called me an NCL Cheerleader! I'm sure most of the rest of you are laughing very hard at that statement..........:D :D

Bychance: I believe NCL wishes that I would fall overboard and disappear!

Btw, Bychance, welcome to the NCL board!

If nothing else KeystoneCruiser it gave some of us our smile for the day!!! LOL

Down under,

as I am sure you know 1st post, super negative, screams troll. That is what it has to do with anything.

and he hasn't been back: of course, some of us question these types of posters: If someone posts something with words such as "generally speaking the crew didn't treat my wife and I with respect" though I might be surprised, I wouldn't totally discount the statement, but when someone says "everyone was rude" I know that isn't true: same with food, maybe some meals leave you less than satisfied but when one writes "it was the worst food I even had, I would question that as well. What is the old saying? It isn't what you say but how you say it that counts? NMnita

After wading through all of this, it is my firm belief that some should stick to Disney for their vacations. That way when they visit Fantasyland, they won’t be so alone.

I thought you were my friend! We go to Disney (at least Orlando-but sometimes skip Disney) every couple years. Now I have to go to my room and feel bad.

-Monte

Thanks for the encouragement! I will continue to try and read as many of the posts as I can in the next 80ish days and I KNOW I am going to love my cruise! I am going with my husband, daughter, and son-in-law and anything I don't have to cook will be delicious to me! I live in Vegas and totally understand about good and bad service. I have been reading some about older ships not being very good for freestyle cruising, we are sailing on the Pride of Aloha which is an older ship. Anyone have comments on this ship?

Mom

Thanks for the encouragement! I will continue to try and read as many of the posts as I can in the next 80ish days and I KNOW I am going to love my cruise! I am going with my husband, daughter, and son-in-law and anything I don't have to cook will be delicious to me! I live in Vegas and totally understand about good and bad service. I have been reading some about older ships not being very good for freestyle cruising, we are sailing on the Pride of Aloha which is an older ship. Anyone have comments on this ship?

Mom

I've been on this ship twice, once as the Sky, the other as the PoAl. I'll be on it again Sunday and will make a report when I get back in two weeks. We've enjoyed this ship very much both prior times we've been on it and expect to again.

I have been reading the boards for several weeks. does everything posted need to praise ncl? I thought reviews could be good and bad.:rolleyes:

Yes, they could be mostly bad or good, but not entirely bad or good.

I'll never believe something-anything didn't go right or wrong.

So, I always doubt a review if it's all good or bad. You should too.

Most "all" negative reviews come from first time wonders, and usually basically describe the cruise as awful, without an explanation of why.

These basic descriptions usually contain exaggerations, which many of us know to be false. For example, a one time wonder complained earlier this week that the Captain failed to keep passengers updated and informed. I had sailed the same ship within the last month, and I know that Captain uses the PA each day at noon, giving the information, including weather forecasts, that that OP complained was never given.

What would you do, if you knew the Captain always did what that OP complained wasn't done? (1)Remain silent, or (2) argue with the OP?

And that's what many of us "so called" NCL loyalists are faced with everyday. Reading someone else posting a deliberate falsehood, or a lie, to prove a point.

I asked that OP if that Captain used the PA around noon each day. But like most one time wonders, I was never answered. They knew they were caught speaking with a forked tongue. To answer me with the truth would have put the rest of their "bad" review in question.

But, instead, we get more posts like yours questioning the truthfulness of the loyalists. Believe who you wish to believe.

I have been reading the boards for several weeks. does everything posted need to praise ncl? I thought reviews could be good and bad.:rolleyes:
objective reviews even if more negative than positive is one thing: blasting is quite another, especially when details are not given, terms are mis used etc. Not everyone is going to love every ship nor do we all see things in the same way: it is possible for someone to have a really bad experience due to one or two things, but look at some of the negative postings and you will see why many feel about the posters the way they do. NMNita

Yeah, I noticed right away that a customer service thread popped up and you were the first "on board."

and did you also notice, I was the first to jump the OP and question their motives? I like fair balanced reviews, good or bad backed up by facts. Those are the reviews that new people on this board need to look at. There is a negative review on another thread that I complimented because they backed their problems up with facts.

I may have my problems with NCL, but I will not stand for false attacks.

What has " another first post " to do with anything , are they less relevant than say someone like yourself?

There have been some very fine first post comments on here, but incredibly negative ones with no back up facts and comments that don't make sense (like the smoking thing) raise all kinds of flags. I am one who generally gives new and/or negative posters the benefit of the doubt (and I defend them) until we can flush out their true motives if they are a troll, but this one immediately set off horns for me. It was so obvious.

My belief is further backed up by the fact that the OP has not returned to answer our questions or fill in the blanks.

The idea of eliminating the post count is not a bad one. It has been used on one of my favorite aviation sites to try to reign in people who have nothing else to do but post incessantly to bring up their count, often contributing nothing worthwhile at all.

NewmexicoNita,

Sorry, off topic here, but I see where you were also on Commodore! We have some of the most endearing memories of cruising from our Commodore cruise! Whew, that ship was falling apart, but it was a blast!

Shay

...For example, a one time wonder complained earlier this week that the Captain failed to keep passengers updated and informed. I had sailed the same ship within the last month, and I know that Captain uses the PA each day at noon, giving the information, including weather forecasts, that that OP complained was never given.

What would you do, if you knew the Captain always did what that OP complained wasn't done? (1)Remain silent, or (2) argue with the OP?

And that's what many of us "so called" NCL loyalists are faced with everyday. Reading someone else posting a deliberate falsehood, or a lie, to prove a point....

Isn't there another possibility here? Isn't it possible that the poster was mistaken, but not lying? We were on the Jewel last week, and I rarely heard the announcements. Now, I have been on enough cruises to know they were made, even if I didn't hear them. Maybe I just blocked them out, maybe the speaker didn't work well outside my cabin - whatever. There were two times I realized I was missing a number of announcements - once, when I heard the Capt the day after we had been to a show where a performer imitated the Capt - I was amazed at how well the actor had copied the Capt, while realizing I had not heard a single announcement from the Capt. before then (although I am positive they had happened previously). The second was when someone announced the ship's bells had been a false alarm - we realized we had never heard the original alarm while inside our cabin!

Arguing with the poster may well have been useless, but that doesn't mean automatically branding the person as a liar is any more productive, IMO.

Archived