Where did customer service go?

harleycruises

:confused: Having perused most of this thread (and similar ones prior to this), my comment is : Why do you humour these people (who are obviously mainly out to create friction) by dissecting their so-called reviews? Why don't you simply IGNORE them? rolleye.gif

Excellent advice :)

Well, you know, I just got off of the Majesty, and there was one rude person we had to deal with a couple of times. I wrote about her on the comment card, and that's that. I didn't even bother mentioning her in my review. She certainly didn't ruin our cruise!

If you are going to complain here, please be a little more specific.

I used to take up for first time posters who were negative, since I was once one, but I'm running out of patience.

Shay

The way that osiebosie handled the situation on her cruise is the proper way to handle rude crew. Write them up! If you don't write them up on the comment cards, then you have NO room to complain about them on forums like this.

I too was like osiebosie, trying to give first time negative posters the benefit of the doubt and I still will when they don't raise the flags that this poster did. This OP seems to be trying to turn people off the whole cruise line. She was on one bad cruise and many of her complaints were completely out of NCL's hands. Don't criticize a whole cruise line because of one ship and its problems.

:confused: My Husband & I just returned from a NCL Cruise, aboard The Dream. (1)We sailed out of Houston, which is a terribly ugly "industrial" port, (2)stated our trip at late because of fog, but (3)everyone working for NCL was rude and did not communicate what, when or how things were going.

As this was our 16-20th cruise, we thought we knew what to expect. I even booked a cabin with a balcony, which as you know is much more money. (4)We were never treated with any kindness, curtesy or just plain "Customer Service" our whole trip. (5)With the new policy of "auto-adding" the "tips" to your bill, the crew members no longer have to work for their tips! Therefore the service is below standard. (6)Smoking was not inforced anywhere on board, (7)music was too loud on deck and the (8)Ports of call were shabby and the (9)tours were total rip-offs!

We love crusing and came home so disappointed. We felt like we spent all this money for nothing. You know, like we didn't even have a vacation! (10)I could go on and on about what was wrong with this cruise, from the entertainment, to the prices aboard for drinks, to the rudeness of all personale, but I will stop and (11)hope others who were unhappy will post as well. We must let these companies know, they will no longer get our money for bad service!

I added numbers to your points so I could respond to each individually.

(1) Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Those ugly petro chemical plants is the root of Houston's economy, and close to 3 million people make a living off them. So, they are beautiful, in their own way.

(2) Weather delays are common in all forms of travel, airlines, cruise lines, trains, and highways. Pea-Soup Fog will stop just about everything, including the I-45 causeway to Galveston. I'm still trying to figure out how this was NCL's fault.

(3) How were they rude? Lack of information is a rare complaint, as many more complain about too much information being passed over the ship's loudspeakers. Did you read your Freestyle Daily everyday? Just about all the information you should need is published in it. I happen to know the Captain of the Dream makes daily announcments each day at noon. Were you listening?

(4) That's hard to believe that no one treated you with kindness. It's been my experience that kindness is a two way street. If you treat the crew members you meet with kindness, they will return it.If you treat them rudely, they will return that too.

(5) NCL's auto tipping policy isn't new, it's been around over six years now. If you don't like auto tipping, stick with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, as they are the only ones left without it.

(6) The entire 9th Deck public areas aboard the Dream is non smoking, maybe you should have tried staying there more often, for some fresh air.

(7) I'll agree, the music near the Lido Deck pool was loud. That's why I spent time at the aft pool, and the shady weather deck under it. You don't have to stay where the music is too loud, there's plenty of other places to go where the music is softer.

(8) Cozumel is a shabby port? That's news to me. Cozumel happens to be one of the most popular ports in the Caribbean, for that matter, in the world. More cruise ships sail to Cozumel than any other port, including Miami. I seriously doubt many will consider it a shabby port.

(9) Maybe the tours you chose were rip-offs? Which ones did you choose? Not all are. This web site has a port of call forum that's great to help you decide which tour are and which tours aren't. Did you visit it before your cruise?

(10) I wish you do. As it is, your post adds so little information for someone wishing to cruise with NCL to know what not to do.

(11) I have read a review from someone else on your exact cruise that had a great time. Who should I believe? The person who gave details, or the person who didn't?

16-20 cruises? Don't you know the exact number?:confused:

I thought the same thing, but didn't want to be the one who pointed that out. I am not certain she has cruised many times at all: if she had she would have known about auto tipping as well as a few other things she referred to. NMNita

:confused: Having perused most of this thread (and similar ones prior to this), my comment is : Why do you humour these people (who are obviously mainly out to create friction) by dissecting their so-called reviews? Why don't you simply IGNORE them? rolleye.gif

I think one thing we try to do is expose these one time posters who come on here with a private agenda of convincing people not to sail NCL. I think we owe to newbies and true first time posters to discredit some of these obviously trumped up charges.

Posters like this won't be back, so people new to NCL on these board will quickly dismiss them like the rest of us do after we show the mistakes in the Op's posts.

This poster's last line summed up her whole purpose: "but I will stop and hope others who were unhappy will post as well. We must let these companies know, they will no longer get our money for bad service! "

So, the rest of us posted our opinions per her request....only we aren't unhappy with NCL!

Don't take me out and hang me for saying this but I don't think the goal of negative comments is "so that people won't cruise NCL". I think that people get frustrated when their cruise experience wasn't what they had hoped and expected. I find it interesting to hear the good and bad about all cruiselines so that I can find a cruise line that fits my expectaions and needs.

Kelli

More than likely his booze was caught, that is why the complaint about drink prices. He complained about customer service, but its not bad customer service when they say no, he can't get his booze until the last day.

Does your local bar allow people to bring booze in? Then why do people expect cruise lines to let booze on? Like I said there isn't a floating 7-11 nearby.

Don't take me out and hang me for saying this but I don't think the goal of negative comments is "so that people won't cruise NCL". I think that people get frustrated when their cruise experience wasn't what they had hoped and expected. I find it interesting to hear the good and bad about all cruiselines so that I can find a cruise line that fits my expectaions and needs.

Kelli

I don't think anyone will hang you for your remarks. I do disagree with you. IN some cases you could be right; those are the posters that give both the positive and negatives even if the negatives outweigh the positives and yes, this does happen. Anyone who comes on the way OP and a few others have is trying to warn people not to cruise a particular line or ship. Objective reviews are the ones that accomplish what you are hoping for: to point out what may or may not work for individuals. NMnita

[/size][/font]

Ok, the ugliness is NCL's fault how? Wouldn't it be up to the Port of Houston to clean up that?

and how is NCL responsible for the weather?

This policy has been on place on NCL for over 6 years now. Don't call that new. The crew can be fired or lose part of the tip pot for bad reviews from the customers. Did you fill out the comment card or S.T.Y.L.E cards on board? Then if so, NCL got the message.

Do you mean non smoking rules were not enforced??

Funny, someone was just complaining on another thread that the music on their cruise was not loud enough. Music, like food is subjective and based on a person's personal choices.

again, how can NCL be responsible for the ports of call? They must not be too bad as several ships dock each day those ports. If they were so bad, don't you think less ships would dock? Again, the tours, although monitored by NCL, are not generally under NCL's control. The price charged is determined mostly by the tour operator and not NCL.

Don't Get you Pom Poms in a wad I didn't see anywhere she BLAMED NCL or said "never again" or "I deserve compensation"

I am Glad I don't cruise for the people cuz some of you:rolleyes: !

Well this newbie hopes you allll continue to give your opinions good and bad.

The things I've learn here have been invaluable. Most important thing is that 'stuff' happens, and how you react is what will effect your cruise.:)

Was our first cruise to Alaska perfect last year? I don't think so, but DH does ;):D

way to funny: I wonder how many will pick up on your humor? Thanks for making my afternoon.

Nita

Fight the fare increase ! vote for George O Brian ! and get Charlie(Harley) off the MTA(NCL)...poor old Charlie :) or is that poor old Harlie???

someone is going to report me as OT...

Fight the fare increase ! vote for George O Brian ! and get Charlie(Harley) off the MTA(NCL)...poor old Charlie :) or is that poor old Harlie???

But did he ever return or is he still riding around? How old is he now: maybe 100 plus. LOL

Don't Get you Pom Poms in a wad I didn't see anywhere she BLAMED NCL or said "never again" or "I deserve compensation"

I believe that bychance just called me an NCL Cheerleader! I'm sure most of the rest of you are laughing very hard at that statement..........:D :D

Bychance: I believe NCL wishes that I would fall overboard and disappear!

Btw, Bychance, welcome to the NCL board!

I believe that bychance just called me an NCL Cheerleader! I'm sure most of the rest of you are laughing very hard at that statement..........:D :D

Bychance: I believe NCL wishes that I would fall overboard and disappear!

well love must be blind....

I have recently booked my 1st cruise in April it will be on the Pride of Aloha and then I found this site. I have been reading alot of the posts trying to figure out what to expect. Posts like this one scare me but then I read what others say and feel a little relieved. (deep breath) I just know I will love my cruise because I am not used to be waited on anyway so if the service isn't the greatest it will be wonderful to me. Ok, now I have a rew questions. My husband and I are both smokers, where is smoking permited on the ship? Can you smoke in your stateroom? What is a bar set-up and how much is it? Do I have to prerequest it? LMAO ok so I have a million questions in my head... sorry! I have 80 some odd days to find the answers.

Originally it was Walter, the real candidate. Ol Tailgunner Joe's guys created such a fuss that the name was changed before the "3 guys in striped shirts" popularized it.

I've been on a lot of cruises, at least a dozen, but I can't be certain exactly how many without running the list and using my fingers . . . what's the problem with a poster saying 15-20?

I have recently booked my 1st cruise in April it will be on the Pride of Aloha and then I found this site. I have been reading alot of the posts trying to figure out what to expect. Posts like this one scare me but then I read what others say and feel a little relieved. (deep breath) I just know I will love my cruise because I am not used to be waited on anyway so if the service isn't the greatest it will be wonderful to me. Ok, now I have a rew questions. My husband and I are both smokers, where is smoking permited on the ship? Can you smoke in your stateroom? What is a bar set-up and how much is it? Do I have to prerequest it? LMAO ok so I have a million questions in my head... sorry! I have 80 some odd days to find the answers.

Don't worry ImMom, keep reading the boards and you will get all of your questions answered! And you will be able to figure out which negative posts are credible and helpful.

The rant from the OP had so many red flags it had me LMAO! My favorite was the statement that "everyone" was rude. EVERYONE? LOL!! The odds on that gotta be astronomical! :eek: :p

As for your smoking questions, it seems that smoking is permitted most places except restaurants, theaters and some lounges (to the dismay of us non-smokers ;) ).

Have a great cruise!!

Archived